A Short Poll Regarding Mystic's Future

I definitely would prefer this, removing the Berserk but leave it on the ST and increase max DEX would be a good compromise given that Mystic is a team-oriented class anyway. Juggling between orbs would be easier as well as you wouldn’t need to count in your head all the time.

I hope Soul of the Bearer remains tradeable though, because I never ever got a Conflict…

Honestly, I feel like everything that would never need to be stasised should just be stasis immune, so most bosses (not tomb bosses, that’s where stasis shines brightest), key minions, FREAKING CHESTS (WHY THE CRAP CAN THEY BE STASISED IN THE FIRST PLACE), and the like, then Mystic trolling capabilities would become almost nothing.

Who? Am I missing something?

I’ve experienced what a great mystic can do for a team. They can save lives when someone drags and can easily funnel the group DPS towards certain enemies. (godsend in dirty shatters and dirty tombs)

Its a good thing Mystic kind of sucks because if there were mystics everywhere stasis trolling would be intolerable.

I’m fairly sure that was a reference to the last Q & A on Discord:

Question

If you had to choose between deleting mystic and keeping honey scepter in the game which would you pick?

Answer

Tough question, but the Honey Scepter is too blessed to ever remove from the game. It’s the only item with the power to destroy evil, after all!

I know it has been said multiple times now, but first things first: the huge amount of buffs and debuffs makes the mystic an extremely fun and versatile class choice. its one of few classes that stay interesting with high level (mheal) pets with the abilities to perma de-/buff or spam stasis for rushing.

The problems:
Stasis/Curse differentiation is somewhat hard to understand and learn. new players are extremely discouraged by negatie reactions of fellow players.

The disruption of gameplay is a huge annoyance unintended or not.

Selfbuff redundant in groups.

My cup of tea:
Self buff and debuff is fine and a nice challenge for endgame to see how many effects u can stack.

To make the class more apealling for new players it could be considered nerfing the stasis range so its by far simpler to just curse if intended. it would also reduce the amount of trolling by reducing the number of enemies in stasis (to a small extend). this would increase the difficulty of mystic rushes in endgame dungeons but would not render them impossible.

Most importantly however:
Stasis as a status effect needs to be overhauled as in A LOT of enemies need to get immunity. this aspect has been far too long overlooked which let to horrible trolling opportunities with some of the more annoying ones fixed but a lot them still out there. this problem can not be solved by changing the focus of the tiered orbs alone as this can easily be reproduced by consumables (gravel) which even turned scapegoating the mystic into a form of trolling of itself.

That’s not the exact reference I was making. They voice that opinion all. The. Time.

You could also keep the T0 - T2 orb as they are and apply those mechanics to the higher-tiered orbs, considering the low tier orbs are used for rushing.

Changing high tier orbs doesnt really affect new players since theyre less likely to get high tier equipment

I think conflict should petrify.

How so? The Banishment Orb sells for like 1 DEF max on Realmeye. Is is not uncommon to find it at 1 SPD / DEX. I doubt your new player can’t get a single potion to buy one, especially by the time they unlock Mystic.

I can BARELY sell a t6 orb for mana in an hour…

mystic is fine as it is people are just impatient 4 year olds.

While I think Mystic doesn’t need drastic changes like Petrify, you’re oversimplifying a rather complex issue and making blanket statements. My issue with Mystic tends to be Orb juggling, because you have to manage Berserk / Curse / Stasis. Add Honey Orb to the equation and you can see where this is going…

I do not want that mechanic to go away, it’s the Mystic’s identity. What I think that would be a good compromise would be just removing Berserk and buff Mystic’s max DEX. Remember, Mystic is a team-oriented class so it’s likely that you will be in a group, and this includes Warriors so the Berserk can be kind of a waste, but more DEX is always with you.

Oh, but what if I want to solo content?

I’d say use either Conflict or Soul of the Bearer if you don’t have one. You’ll still be able to Berserk.

So all in all, I’m not against Orb juggling. But having one less thing to keep on your mind while playing would be rather liberating.

That just strengthened my argument:

Facts, can we get stasis immunity for the WLab boss? Stasis the minions and group focuses on bosses, everyone would love that!

The only issue I see with mystic is that there are some enemies that just should be plain unstasisable. For the most part, every single boss of any dungeon should have stasis immunity.

As for stasising enemies… it’s difficult and trolling does exist but I don’t think this is necessarily THAT prevalent of an issue that we should sacrifice stasis as an ability for it. Full skips and mystic rushing is undoubtedly very powerful… it does get abused but I have rarely ever seen this be such a large problem that I have actually cared. I usually am ok with just waiting a few seconds and even if they do stasis repeatedly, the group is either small enough such that this benefits the group (mystic stasis is a godsend for regrouping in the Fungal bossfight) or large enough that the boss will die decently quickly anyways.

@Seelpit I abstained from the vote because I think orbs are fine as-is (and therefore would need to select multiple options) Please add the ability to choose multiple options c:

I was not aware of that. I assumed that dungeon bosses were immune by default. That was such a huge oversight by Kabam back then.

I think nowadays it’s more the fame than reality. Rotmgtroller’s videos didn’t help as well.
To doubters out there, I came back by the beginning of the pandemic lockdown and I’m yet to see a Mystic stasising out of spite. The overwhelming majority of the time it’s an honest mistake or a mistasis.

Also, people tend to overreact when a mystic mistasises. If it’s a dungeon run, yeah I can understand. But sometimes, it happens that you’ll stasis the WLab boss accidentally (I mean it moves around at the speed of light)

People get really angry though for some reason, at least in my experience.

Was in a cland earlier, red star mystic stasised everything, and begged for a t6 orb

I referred that people get unnecessarily angry if a mystic misstasises, not if a mystic is actively trolling (as appears to be the case in your example)