A small rant on dungeon naming conventions (and why the name "The Shatters" sucks)

Not at all. Fungal and Crystal are definitely not discord exclusive dungeons and neither are Lost Halls cult runs. Deca also plans to implement the exponential HP scaling across the entire game anyway so I feel that public void runs will become a definite possibility once that has happened.

I just want the difficulty of Shatters to match the lore description. It’s supposed to be a terrifying fallen kingdom, but right now it’s kind of a massive pushover.

I’ve solo’d so many of this damn dungeon because most people that run them just want to be carried by a discord and don’t bother with pubs. I love discord but I hate it’s affect on the game’s dungeons.

Honestly that’s the only reason he needs. different strokes for different folks. I also find the Shatters to be one of the more enjoyable dungeons to rush through, though it does get temporarily stale for me after X amount of runs in a short time. Lost halls is a utter bore to me in comparison aside from MBC/Void

To add to your point, a lot of the people who complain about certain dungeons being “discord-only” are also people who expect to be carried through the dungeon as well. If you want to do a dungeon without a discord, then actually go and learn the dungeon. Despite popular belief, this game does actually take some skill to play and I feel that people who say that certain dungeons “need to be run in discord” are selling themselves short. Nothing needs to be run via discord. You could very easily do a Void without a discord call if you have a skilled group of players who know how to do the dungeon. The thing holding you back is definitely not the lack of a discord call, but rather, player skill.

Another thing is that these dungeons are endgame content. They aren’t made for the majority of players. They’re made for the people who are seeking a challenge outside of sitting in nexus and steamrolling deadwater docks via keys all day. I don’t know about you, but I think it’s healthy for the game to have endgame content that not all players are skilled enough to complete. It creates a sort of progression that an MMO needs to have in order to increase player retention.

All very true except O3 is pretty much discord exclusive. Or a few times a year with your guild I feel (maybe more. times will tell)

I actually like the idea of a dungeon end that a group of players work towards for hours on end to encounter the final showdown. But i get jaded by knowing some discord is just constantly running them eating all the runes in the game because that’s the best place to use your runes for a chance of survival and loot.

also just wish people would take the time to learn the dungeons like fungal / nest. fungal in particular. I feel is very doable for any player with minor experience in the game. I’ve had many runs where there’s 30+ people killing the event and then myself and 1 other person enter the actual dungeon. Usually they are doing their first run and I walk them through the whole thing and go into detail right before the bosses.

/rant

sorry this was very off topic.

Yeah, I feel that improving the risk vs. reward ratio of Fungal (and eventually Shatters 2.0 when it has been reworked to be a fully-working dungeon) would help get people to join public runs more often.

I personally am of the opinion that Crystal Entity should be buffed (at least an HP buff on both the minibosses and the Crystal Entity itself… the dodging in the fight is actually pretty difficult as it currently is but could maybe use a group silence similar to O3’s celestial phase during some portions to prevent mseal tanking). But if they were to go about buffing it, maybe adding T13 weapons to the drop table wouldn’t be such a bad idea and I think it would definitely increase the incentive to do the dungeon.

With that said, however, I would love to see Shatters improved to be more similar to Fungal/Crystal (with the aforementioned changes made) in difficulty.

I assumed it was some sort of dimension different and outside from regular dungeons, hence the “The” like the shadow realm in yugioh

I banish you to the shatters realm!!

The Shatters is such a meme.

Honestly I feel like it was one of my favorite dungeons because of how flawed it was. I also think people like it so much because its actually doable from the realm since people actually go in. So if you got new players it might be their first taste of an endgame dungeon. Definitely a thrill to that.

I feel like in terms of fun shatters easily beats out LH 2.0.

• With shatts, the enemy abilities create different scenerios, ie. firebombs, ice sphere. LH is kind of a uniform mishmash except for maybe with spooky boy, but people can cheese him easily

• The switches are a really fresh mechanic and quite realistic since the main goal is about reaching the end rather than clearing out monsters. This is pretty much what the LH flames were changed to in 2.0 so its arguable a better system than before in 1.0.

• You can bring a rogue or trickster and chill at secret

• You can lava walk which can make for quite the hijinks.

• The boss fights are rarely a drag and doesnt rely on bringing a ton of priests

• You can do it with random people from the realm and enjoy it. It’s a very organic feeling to me since theres no barking directions and everything.

These are just some from the top of my head

That’s the part where i’ll have to hard disagree
Lost halls bosses are perfectly dodgeable and much better designed than Shatters ones
And Shatters ones can hardly qualify as bosses with how cheeseable and low effort patterns they are

There is a threat for this : Post your unpopular opinions about realm here

Aaactually, I’m sure you all know how the King is infamous for being cheesed through de-rendering his shots?
…well, that’s…not possible on Exalt. Though his tentacles come from seperate objects, those do de-render, so as long as you stay near the very bottom, you’ll be able to at least get a chance to dodge things.

this is what i get for not playing much recently
I still argue that he needs a significant rework though, since the strategy remains ‘wait at the bottom of the platform until the king stops throwing a tempter tantrum’.

Would also like to mention that you can easily still cheese it by having a priest stand behind the boss in the lava to decoy his shotgun away. If you do this the only thing that renders is the purple shots which are extremely easy to dodge and have multiple safespots because the shots always shoot the exact same way.

Because the loot you get in 15 minutes when you could’ve done a Void instead leaves you “shattered”.

Idk if Void is the best example for “good loot” haha. Most often I find myself getting a mark :frowning:

Shatters can be a noun, placing it in the same category as The Hive, The Nest, etc.

via wiktionary.org:

Noun

shatter ( countable and uncountable , plural shatters )

1. (countable, archaic) A fragment of anything shattered.

2. A (pine) needle.

3. (uncountable, slang) A form of concentrated cannabis.

Presumably Kabam intended the third definition.

Fair enough. I find 0/3s much more common personally in Shatts

I’d like to add that the bottom-left and bottom-right corners of the area allow exact safe-spots where nearly all bullets will miss you if you stand still, even when he starts shooting. (I say nearly because lost souls still explode and other plays might take time to adjust their positioning leading to a few shots landing)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.