A STory of War II: a Ninja, a Mystic and an Assassin... new ST sets!

For all y’all who like giving DECA money, they have graciously provided you an opportunity to do so:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/ev7qx2/a_story_of_war_ii_a_ninja_a_mystic_and_an/

the assassin set has to be the most uninspired piece of content deca ever made

In-game menu graphic advertising it:

… sounds a bit like that old joke, a ninja, a mystic and an assassin walk into a bar…

Deca didn’t create it though; I did (with some help from other UGC members of course). If you’re referring to how it’s balanced, I was trying to give assassin the play style of a melee. I thought a class were you get a couple of shots in from a far and throw a couple of poisons could use a change in play style.

more new items locked solely behind real money, starting to heavily dislike what Deca’s doing.

ninja set looks good

mystic staff looks nice, I’ve wanted a single shot staff for a while, rest of the set doesn’t look good.

assassin poison looks alright, the rest of the set looks bad.

The [creation of STs] and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race

Its time to go back.

That Assassin set is the worst set I have ever seen.

No, it’s actually decent. Normally we have the hit or miss weapon, op ability, either basically tops swapout armor(unless they’re like tennu or mercys or new priest ST) and crappy ring. This was the same except the ring was slightly less crappy, paired with the set bonuses anyway

I don’t mind whaler get early access to new st sets if the new st sets have reasonable drop rates.

Meanwhile old sts have abysmal drop rates and the only way to obtain them is misery box.

I like how deca started to increase the old st sets drop rates.

Give deathless crossbow please and thanks :slight_smile:

Huh? When?? Though I did get both a geb tome and kazekiri back to back yesterday…

also Dragon Tamer Warrior, Geb Priest, Killer Bee Queen Huntress ST Sets drop rates got increased when the new one came out.

Hmph nothing about samurai ones though I got it within 3 MTs

It’s just the sets that have been replaced. When they create a new samurai set, they will buff the drop rates of the current one.

increased droprates good

locking new items solely behind a paywall for months very, very bad

Well seeing as they’re fairly common after that period…

I would say it’s worth the wait; as @Twitchystr points out, things are pretty good for players after the items are introduced, and it’s not like the STs break the game (in comparison to pets, which are definitely more pay to win than this ST situation). Just be patient.

The original STory was started nov 21st, the items were only just added to the game for everyone on the 15th of this month

I have no idea how much of an improvement they’ve made to the droprates compared to how bad they’ve been in the past, but the items being behind a paywall for 2 months is bullshit imo

I don’t care if they aren’t super OP, that would just make them bad additions to the game, this isn’t about them being game breaking. it’s about new, unique items only being available through real money.

I think paywalling new items for 2 months is bullshit and the worst thing that Deca’s done so far

I already dislike them having STs in mystery boxes, making them only available through real world money is far worse.

they’re literally selling UTs at this point, they’re untradable and have similar droprates (much lower rates in the past, I have no idea how much better they’ve gotten as I havent been playing the game too much recently)

I suggest you consult the white bag threads because they’re basically raining down

The dagger is fulfilling the role of “low range high damage” for the fourth time. You literally have to be at sword range with a class that lacks the tankiness of melees and movement of the other two dagger classes. Yes, with the full set you gain similar HP and defense (900 and 60 respectively if I did the math right), though it’s still lacking, but in exchange you go down to a disgusting 50 speed. The ability doesn’t compensate for this, it’s just extra instant damage along with a “on taking damage” effect which is, well, the same thing. So to make full effect of the set you have to go as deep as melees but without stuns, no speedy or armoured, or any of paladin’s buffs, no teleport, no cloak, and on top of that you have worse stats.

Doesn’t sound decent to me.

Was talking about the set as a whole because it fits the normal “hit or miss” nature on the ST weapons