A Typical Knight's (In-Depth) Guide to Trading + Price Guide

Why?
Trading is a great way to acquire items you need, add to your riches, or even max a character without stepping into a realm. Each of these points will be covered in all four sections of this guide, buying, selling, merching, and prices. So, let’s dive right into the deep end and get started. Also, I know there is a trading guide somewhere in the Wiki, but i feel like this is more in depth about how to sell. Also, that guide only covers RealmEye. But, if you want to read that one, https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/trading-help.

Buying
If you are in desperate need of items, because your equipment sucks, then FEAR NOT, because this section is for you. Trading, as stated before, is a great way to upgrade your gear, or help you max. Most of the buy-able (average) prices are in the price section, but this section is how to actually buy the itenz and pots. There are two ways, RealmEye, and USW3.

RealmEye
Go to the RealmEye trading. Click Current Offers. Find the item/pot you want. Click on the red text. There, find an offer that fits in your price range. Usually, next to their name will be a tag that indicates whether they have scammed or not.

USW3
USW3 stands for United States West Server 3. It is usually pretty full, so if you have a bad computer, RealmEye is probably the best way to go. When you go there, if you don’t already, turn on your chat boxes. When you see an offer that fits, then go for it. Right click on the box and click trade. Select your items that you want to sell and get your reward. Be on the lookout for scammers. Deselect is a popular form of scamming. The player chooses his items, then while you are choosing your items, he distracts you or just deselects his items, hence the name. Just always be vigilant. Know the color difference between wisdom and life, and griff and that T3 hide. You do not want to lose all of your items that you worked hard for.

Selling
Got those items in that cem that you don’t need? Have random items taking up vault space? Got those leftover pots from maxing? Well, look no further than this section. Selling pots and items are a great way to clear up vault space, help you max, or get better items! Typically, for items, only tiers 10-12 sell, with the tier 10 being the hardest to sell. For abilities, certain tier 5 items sell, while there is a bigger market for tier 6 abilities. Tiers 11-13 typically sell better for armors, while tiers 4-6 rings sell. As before, there are two ways to sell. RealmEye, and USW3.

RealmEye
Make an account if you haven’t already. How to make an account here -> Click on your IGN in the top right corner. There, you will be taken to a screen with your name, information about your account, etc. There are tabs under that information. Find the one that says offer, and press add offer. In the sell box, click on it and click which one you want to sell. Click on the buying and click on what you want to buy. Don’t make your offer really dumb, because players will just disregard it.

USW3
Make a sign saying, “Selling ------” and wait for people to trade you. Remember, just because someone offers you something doesn’t mean you have to accept. Don’t say, “Selling to overpayers” because it makes you look like a huge ****. If you are too lazy to make a sign, look around for people buying your items/pots.

Merching
Merching. If you want to get rich, this is the way to go. Basically, merching is the act of selling an item/pot for more than it is worth, and then buying another item for less/the same of what it is worth, giving your self a profit. Merching takes patience. Don’t cry if you can’t find that offer in your first hour of staying in USW3 or RealmEye. You can post an offer on RealmEye, and wait for the offer to come to you.

Prices
Alright, last but not least, prices. I am just going to do tiered items and pots, for the sake of time. The lowest/highest price is a possible value, but it will be hard to sell at that value. Also note that reskins typically are the same price as there non-reskinned counterparts. Rainbow pots are dex, vit, wis, spd. A pro mercher > https://www.youtube.com/user/ZhaysunGaming

NOTE: The market is always changing, therefore these prices may become obsolete. Therefore, use caution while using this guide.

Pots
Life 6-8 Def, 8 Rainbows (Hard to do)
Mana 3-5 Def
Attack 1-2 Def
Def 2-3 Rainbows

Items
TIER 10 WEAPONS
Archon - 1/2 - 1 Def
Diabolical - 1 Def*
Ichimonji - 1 Rainbow*
Emerald - 1 Rainbow
Fey - 1 Rainbow - 1 Def
Shadow - 1 Rainbow*

TIER 11 WEAPONS
Sky - 1 Mana - 1 Life
Astral - 1-2 Def*
Muramasa - 1-2 Def*
Agate - 2 Def
Blood - 1-2 Def
Ancient - 1-2 Def

TIER 12 WEAPONS (Note that many of these may be wrong)
Acclaim - 3-4 Life
Cosmic - 1 Life
Masamune - 2 Def
Foul - 1-2 Life
Covert - 1 Mana
Recompense - 1 Life

TIER 5 ABILITIES
Twilight - 1 Def
GQuiv - 1 Def
MNova - 1 Def
GHelm - 1 Rainbow - 1 Def
Mith - 1-2 Def
Divine - 1 Rainbow*
ZSeal - 1 Def
Nightwing - 1 Rainbow*
Lifedrinker - 1 Rainbow*
DStalker - 1 Rainbow*
Banishment - 1 Rainbow*
Phantom - 1 Rainbow*
Skybolts - 1 Rainbow*
Ice - 1 Rainbow*

TIER 6 ABILITIES (Note that many of these may be wrong)
Ghostly - 2-3 Life
Elvish - 2-3 Life
EleDet - 2-3 Life
Guidance - 2-3 Life
GGen - 2-3 Life
Colo - 2-3 Life
GCookie - 3 Life
Milk - 1-2 Life
Bloodsucker - 1 Mana
Giantcatcher - 1 Mana - 1 Life
Planefetter - 1-2 Life
Apparitions - 1 Mana - 1 Life
Storms - 1 Mana - 1 Life
DCircle - 1-3 Life

TIER 11 ARMORS
Veng - 1 Def
Hippo - 1 Def*
Moon - 1 Rainbow - 1 Def*

TIER 12 ARMORS
Abyssal - 2-3 Def
Griff - 1-2 Def
Elder - 1-2 Def

TIER 13 ARMORS
Acrop - 2-3 Life
Hydra - 1 Mana - 1 Life
GSorc - 1 Mana - 1 Life

TIER 4 RINGS (Only putting those that sell)
Para HP - 1 Def
Para Def - 1 Def
Para Att - 1 Def

TIER 5 RINGS (Only putting those that sell)
Exa HP - 1 Mana - 1 Life
Exa MP - 1 Mana
Exa Def - 1-2 Def
Exa Att - 1-3 Def

TIER 6 RINGS (Only putting those that sell)
UBATT - 2-4 Life
UBDEF - 2-4 Life
UBDEX - 1-3 Life
UBHP - 4 Life
UBMP - 2-3 Life
Deca Ring - 2-4 UBHP

*These items have little to no market, so are hard to sell

So, if you read the entire thing, feedback much appreciated because I am sure I missed something. Like if this helped you in any way, or you just think that this is helpful.

Mmmmm always hate price guides. I think that people need to figure out on their own what the prices for things are. It is part of the experience. It’s a sink or swim type of thing. The market does not benefit from everyone knowing the exact prices of things. It actually slows trade down quite a bit.

Pretty good guide though. A little general in some places, but overall, not bad.

So, should I delete that? That was like the hardest part lol.

No. It is your post. I’m just not a fan of price guides, because people do not understand that prices are fluid, subject to change constantly and on a whim. People read these sort of things and take them for holy text, set in stone. Then they get upset when people aren’t buying/selling at that particular price.

I’ll add a note.

I agree with @IAmShurima about finding out prices for yourself (thats what I did), or at least knowing a bit about the market at first as not every price guide is perfect.

Meh, Ive seen people selling Recomps for 1 Mana…

The good part about these is the ability for new players to gain a general understanding of the prices in this economy. While it may be fluid, some items do stick to a general price point (e.g Acclaim), not to mention it prevents a few scams.

To be honest, and I know it sounds harsh, I think it is more impactful to have someone be scammed and later learn wow, that was dumb, than to tell them what something is. It kind of lines up with the whole “burn yourself once and you will learn not to touch the stove.”

I completely agree that price guides are good to get a general feel for item prices. They just need to be taken with a grain of salt and not read biblically, or it creates more market issues than it solves.

did you read this?

I understand that you can post a discretionary notice, but it is 1) easy to skip over 2) not noticeable while skimming and 3) probably going to be ignored regardless.

1 def lol

Although I have been surprised by that amount of correct information in this guide, this is just wrong… Merching takes FOREVER and on average you may gain maybe barely a life an hour (unless you’re actually good like scorch). Let’s compare that with getting 3 life pots in <30 minutes with a cheap 4/8 rouge (t11 dagger 1/2 def, t5 cloak 1 def, griff 2 def, para hp 1 def)

Jeez I’m not sure about you but I can’t really stay in USW3 nexus for more than 2 minutes before I get an epileptic seizure.

Life is definitely 6-7 def, with only rich people trying to buy life fast selling 8 def. Also 8 spd or 8 vit will sell for a life very fast. Don’t say rainbow because it seems you mean 8 pots in any combination.

3-4 def after OT events

1 def. Flat. If anything def should be worth more than attack

1 def

1-2, usually 1 or 1.5

1 def to a mana usually. Mainly used as a feed item

1-2, almost never 3[quote=“Starwartwo, post:1, topic:4610”]
Hydra - 1 Mana - 1 Life
[/quote]

1 life to 1.5 life[quote=“Starwartwo, post:1, topic:4610”]
Para Att - 1 Def
[/quote]

you said ones that sell…

one life never mana

rarely sold[quote=“Starwartwo, post:1, topic:4610”]
Exa Att - 1-3 Def
[/quote]

uncommonly sold, where’s the exa spd for people who don’t have ring pops?[quote=“Starwartwo, post:1, topic:4610”]
UBATT - 2-4 Life
UBDEF - 2-4 Life
UBDEX - 1-3 Life
UBHP - 4 Life
UBMP - 2-3 Life
Deca Ring - 2-4 UBHP
[/quote]

hp is 3-4 yeah
honestly for the rest of the UB rings besides def (and hp), you pretty much sell them for whatever people are buying them for, realistically of course.

wtf are you merching, speak for yourself, a good mercher can earn 2X+ more than doing tombs all day.

That’s still a lot. By the end of the day (if you march all day) you would get about 2/3 ubhp maybe more,

Those were the price back when deca ring were new and def was guaranteed in abyss. You should do some research and fix that.

It is still pretty recent. What do you think needs changing?

but if you did tombs all day you would get like 10x that amount…

Umm if you read my comment I fixed that

Umm scorch did you not even finish reading the sentence lol