Abandoned Domain

Please note that this idea is not only for Prod, but a PServer. Said server is not named to avoid breaking rules.

Portal%20(Animated)

Enter the Abandoned Domain… if you dare

Any kind of feedback on this would be appreciated. Hope you like the idea!

I know this is another document, but I had enough trouble constructing that, and I don’t have the patience to remake it on the forums at 2:30 AM. I might get around to it if people ask me to.

Abandoned Domain (Concept)

I like most of the sprites, but Vicious Burrower seems not good enough for a main boss. I would say less segments, more detail is a better way to go.

Due to me being a terrible person, I didn’t fully read attack patterns of the boss (can find it boring). Nice sprites overall but I would suggest creating a couple more potential creatures because as of the moment, there only appears to be 4 monsters other than troom boss and normal boss which could make the dungeon feel dull/repetitive, even in a single run. Overall, the layout is really nice throughout. Some of the projectile sprites, particularly blood spearhead and blood spinner from the boss look kinda weird with the red and the other color (green, yellow, and white especially) not mixing well together. As for item sprites, they all look pretty nice. The dagger is okay compared to etherite, outdamaging etherite at 10 def in exchange for 0.25 range and 2 def. Personally, I find it boring as it appears to just be another close range high dps dagger. Plus, at least in prod, SB is so low that this will never really be necessary. The quiver, on the other hand, feels too strong to me. Comparing to t6 quiver, we’re adding in an extra second of paralyzed, removing 15 mp cost, adding 3 spd, along with increasing range and shot speed. All t6 quiver gets is one extra dex and 120 damage but it’s shot isn’t armor piercing. As, at least I think most people don’t use quiver for damage, I feel like the quiver you’re creating is just overpowered. Plus for anything with over 70 defense, you’re quiver is more MP efficient if we’re just talking about dps. It’s just better. Although I know serpentine spear is meant to be a “lance”, I can see it as an alternative dagger or katana but I’m too lazy too compare. I feel like the only thing I can compare the armor to is Wraith’s Brigandine in which we’re trading a def and 35 hp for 45 mp. I feel like you could give it more hp/mp cause or just def cause no one really cares that much about mp.

It is meant to be on the same level that the other Epic dungeons are on, so I think I did reasonably well on that front. A fight with a unique gimmick, but not super long or anything.

Refer to Snake Pit for this one.

I’ll probably go back and tweak them a little bit when I feel more interested in doing so. The point gets across, though.

This was made in a place where Etherite doesn’t exist, so it does make sense. Though, it’s meant to be a bit more of a risky one, while giving a powerful tool in the process.

It also lacks pierce. It’s only good for single targets.

oh no no no

Lances are for Heavy Armor classes. I labelled it as PServer exclusive for a reason.

wraith is op tho

Alright just gonna reply to a select few cause those I don’t reply to, I agree with you on. I get that the snake pit only has 4 monsters but the point is that snake den is kinda dull. We never actually pause to battle the monsters and instead kinda just rush through but back when I did stop and kill monsters, it was boring and although it seemed cool for the first two or three rooms, it soon became tedious. As for the note wraith is OP, I get it but at the same time, its supposed to be a white bag dropped from a decently difficult dungeon so kinda expect it to be better then a ST

I failed to imply that i was talking just about it’s sprite, fight is ok.

Oh, the sprite. I mean… still on the same level as the other Epic sprites, so I’m not worried still. lmao

Document has been updated to include Pythons, randomly spawning enemies throughout the dungeon. Be on the lookout for Golden Pythons, though, as they’ll give you great riches!

And updated the Vicious Burrower shots’ status effect variants to look much more appealing.

Since I can’t PM you…

/)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.