Ability idea

There should be a melee class with a ability that extends its range to about staff range. The higher the tier, the lower the cooldown and longer the range.

Not a bad idea!

Should be a higher cooldown as the tier increases.

Also, moved to #ideas:wip.

I think it should be dagger classes rather than melee classes, or if it’s melee, the damage should be reduced. A long ranged sword is broken

The melee would only have this range for a small amount of time. The damage a sword could do in that time probably doesn’t compare to other damaging abilities

Kinda hard to say without definitive numbers, but with damaging and berserk buff, it’ll do a lot of damage, to say the least.

Every class does a lot of damage with damaging AND berserk

I’m willing to bet that a long ranged sword hits much harder than any old wand. The point of melee classes is their high defense stat, which allows them to go in close. Given long range, melees would be broken. The short range is used to counteract the high defense and damage. If you take that balancing feature away, you have high damage, defense, and range. What’s the downfall of this class? Nothing. Every class has a weakness, but this new melee class won’t. Robe classes are limited by their low defense stat, leather classes are generally all around and don’t excel in one area or strength. A long ranged melee class (sword) would basically be a better robe class. Realm of the Mad God isn’t about making better classes, but making classes with their own unique quirks and abilities. I don’t see a long ranged melee class being creative or balanced.

That would be a pretty fun class to mess around with.

The damage shouldnt be reduced, the class should just have lower dex and att.

Yeah, spellbombs, shields, and (some) scepters would do more damage in a shorter amount of time than a sword would.

Considering the ability only increases range, I don’t see it as too broken, the class would need to have lower damaging stats and def than other melees though.

The range shouldnt be increased to wand or staff range, but slightly higher than daggers would be fine.

Except range on each item isnt a variable. You can say tiered swords have 4 tile range but pixie has 4.2 (idk if thats correct probably not), but that doesnt mean that the knight has a stat called range thats set to 4 and pixie has a .2 boost. Each weapon has a set range and it cant be modified with abilities or consumables without a major change in coding

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.