Ability ideas I have had for a while

So far these ability ideas aren’t fully developed but they will eventually be used for class ideas I have had for a while, including the Manhunter (Bow and Heavy armor), Devastator (Wand and Heavy armor), and Pathfinder (Katana and Robe)

(warrants)
Old Warrant
18%20PM
Doesn’t matter if it’s been 20 years, a criminal is still a wanted man
Used by Manhunter
In a very small circle (1 tile radius) it will apply curse for 3 seconds (increases by 0.5 seconds with tier)
It will also decrease your weapon’s arc gap, by 20% (increases by 5% with tier), and it will have firerate increased and range shortened by 10% (increases both by 5% with tier, stacks with beserk) for 3 seconds (increases by 0.5 seconds with tier)
Later warrants slightly increase hp

The class encourages the use of multishot bows by making true range longer and giving you more defense, it also works powerfully with one shot bows at the risk of losing a lot of range (however for most multi-shot bows you technically still gain range because of the true range increase)

(explosives)
Bag of Gunpowder
13%20PM
Lighting it will cause an explosion that will shred through enemies)
Used by Devastator
In a circle with a radius of 2 (increases by 0.5 with tier) tiles
Deals 30-60 damage (increases by 10-20 with tier) to self and 100-200 (increases by 50-100 with tier) armor piercing damage to enemies
Applies armored and healing to self for 2 (healing increases by 0.5 with every other tier) seconds
Later explosives increase attack
If a devastator kills themselves with their ability the death message will say, for example
Niegil died at level 20, killed by Niegil

(compasses)
Magic Compass
40%20PM
Not all compasses’ value come from pointing north
Used by Pathfinder
Allows you to see what phases enemies are in, lines protruding from each enemy to predict where the next shots will be (allowing for much easier dodging) and gives you a 20% chance (increases by 3% with tier) to dodge a bullet, also teleports you to cursor if you press space again while “cooldown” active, lasts for 3 (increases by 0.5 seconds with tier) seconds and has a 6 (increases by 0.5 seconds with tier) second cooldown
The special thing about this ability is that if you use it while the cooldown is active you will instead teleport to cursor, giving it two functions
Later compasses increase speed and vitality

That’s it

so this is completely useless on DBow, LBow, TShot and VBow right?
Having an ability being only useful on a few very select amount of weapons doesn’t seem like a great idea, especially when the main idea of multishot bows are to clear a ton of enemies at a time, hence piercing. Even then, Covert would still be outdamaged by any decent bow.

Killing your character :thinking:
So it’s like a shitty prot

you wont need these if you got haxs amirite!?!??!?!!??!?!?!?!?!
It’s a prism TP, a chance of dodge, and a phase reader all in one item, with two of those effects being completely useless. I don’t need my ability to clutter up my screen with lines predicting Limon’s shots because I have enough brainpower to predict it myself. I don’t need a chance of dodge when I can just git gud. Half the fucking time the shot does shit all for damage and just gets healed up from my pet

I slightly changed explosives and warrants, also the explosives damaging yourself is to keep you from spamming a very powerful ability without mana being the direct risk (so basically it limits an absurdly powerful ability), and my thought on warrants was that most the single shots were UTs and also that it still none the less curses, but I can see the problem, so i added another effect to help single shots as well

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.