About how many early pictures of ogmur lootings were there? Did the droprates actually get nerfed?

Maybe I’m being less cynical than I should be, but I have a nagging feeling that, because I never saw the 20-30+ pictures that should produce the backlash we have now, it most likely began something like this; half a thousand people did 20-30 ice tombs in the first three to five hours of the event, a dozen or less of those people got ogmurs and posted pics of it to r/RotMG, discords and group chats, while (most) other people had no reason to post an ogmur-less white bag. I also wouldn’t be that surprised if most (not all) people were ready to write off this event as a shameless cash grab which doesn’t drop the item, just because they didn’t get it in a hundred or more ice caves. The main reason I posit this idea is that I haven’t seen that many hype pics of “omg ogmur from ice cave” In the beginning of the event. Like, the overwhelming backlash that seems to be present is indicative of not just like, 4 or 5 people getting it and posting it to the subreddit, but 20-30 pictures should’ve appeared on r/RotMG and discords or other areas. Like, a lot of pictures to get so many people to expect getting an ogmur from the chest in the first place.
Before I get reported for having a dissenting opinion, I am indeed biased because I won the RNG lottery, and got an ogmur on my ~ 15th ice cave. It seems good, I haven’t made a knight yet, I didn’t buy keys, and I’ve mostly been running realm events to no avail, essentially because x2 chance is over and I don’t want to run yet more keys because sitting in nexus is boring.

TL;DR it’d seem the number of ogmur loot pics is disproportionate to the sheer amount of outrage generated by the RotMG community for being cheated by the gods that be for not giving them their rightful inheritance.

Ninja Edit 1: my spidey senses were tingling, and golly gee they told me that I needed to add that I specifically needed to post this here because if we can’t hold a sensible conversation here, it won’t be had anywhere. I’m not asking for criticism or saying that people are wrong about ogmur drop rates, I’m saying I pretty much need either time-stamped pics of ogmurs or links to a fair number of early ogmur pics from the chest on r/RotMG. I only remember one picture from when I woke up to check the subreddit for different things or news.

Ninja Edit 2: no, I’m not arguing that any of this was a good idea, damn, guys.

Ice Cave Chest Event! [Aug 24th to Aug 28th]
MotMG 2018 Discussion Thread (the anointed MEGATHREAD)

Its a great business model and this has happened once before, so its not like it wouldn’t happen again. I haven’t done my own research so far, but DECA did say they wouldn’t do it again. But who knows?

See in my opinion the damage is already done.
If DECA really did lower the droprates, they know that people are complaining.
See, people are so biased in their own opinion that even if DECA really did not change the droprates and they would say so in a post they’d get a gigantic shitstorm nonetheless.
I personally do not have an opinion about this because this all could just be bad luck - there are people out there who did not play in the first hours and still managed to get 4+ Ogmurs.

well if they did nerf the drop rates i’d be happy.

so i cant have any kind of cringe watching blue stars get 9999+ ogmurs.

I hope they make some kind of announcement either confirming or denying.

I still give them the benefit of the doubt and if they did change in the drop rates after an hour or two it would IMO be far more likely to be because they screwed it up unintentionally - not realising how fast & how many icecaves would be run. Still would be incompetence but not malicious intent.

And as you describe - could very well be it’s misinterpretation of outcome if everyone at the start had lootpots running etc, skewed by some goodluck stories of people getting 2 or 3 in a seemingly small number of icaves.

Related topic that also mentions the alleged drop rate nerf: Why Event Whites shouldn't be in Chest Events

I got 5 ogmurs after it was ‘nerfed’ it’s all in your head

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.