About the #other subcategory in #ideas

I presented a question here, but since nobody could answer me properly, I decided to make this thread.

Some categories on the forums (like #game-discussion, #community-hub and #academy) have subcategories (like #game-discussion:bugs, #community-hub:player-events and #academy:questions-answers). Those are needed when a thread has a more specific topic than what the general categories represent. But when a thread meet the criteria to fit in a given category but in none of its subcategories, we just place it in that general category. So why do we have a subcategory in #ideas named #ideas:other?

Simply put, we don’t need the #ideas:other subcategory. We can just put every idea that isn’t a class, a dungeon, an enemy or an item (and therefore doesn’t fit in #ideas:classes, #ideas:dungeons-enemies and #ideas:items) in the general #ideas category. If someone wanted to only see ideas that aren’t in these subcategories, they could just do what they can already do in the other categories and select “none” as the subcategory to be shown (like this).

@moderators (not you, OB), any idea as to why we have the #ideas:other subcategory?

It’s not a big deal, so if it’s too much of a hassle to do anything about it, just leave it as it is. But I do think removing #ideas:other would make #ideas more organized.

OB’s not a mod? :confused:

I think of the root #ideas category as a place for general discussions about ideas, while the subcategories as ways to organize actual ideas. I also feel a bit that if #ideas:other didn’t exist people would either think the only ideas we’ll allow are Items, Classes, and Dungeons, or they would try to change their idea to force it into another category.

OB is a mod, it’s just that he already answered me here.

But that already doesn’t happen with other categories. For example, you’d think people wouldn’t want to post on #academy if their post is not a guide or a question, but that’s not the case.

#NotMyModerator

:frowning:

I mean, it’s not needed, but since it’s already here, lets just leave it that way…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.