Absorption

That little thing right there is the invincibility buff that certain enemies can have, preventing damage. It also looks like the Mithril Shield.

A nice addition to the game would be to have certain enemies have certain periods in time where if they’re hit, they get healed by the damage, rather than get hurt. The picture of the status effect being a Colossus Shield.

A potential problem with this would be trolls intentionally doing damage while an enemy is absorbing to waste time of everyone around them.

But… but trolls like Trofimowen would never let them die.

you say potential but you probably want it in just to troll :stuck_out_tongue:

may or may not use this in a new dungeon. thx for the idea.
probably could limit trolling by setting a cap for absorption time and then they switch to invincible until they’re scripted to do something else.

That’s actually a very interesting mechanic and would [somewhat] encourage a certain degree of discretion and ‘strategy’ (I’m relating to how you’re not supposed to hit some of the tomb bosses at times).

Though yes there could be trolls, there is already plenty of trolling in-game, such as standing in the boss room for cland.

But in the end, Trofimowen = Trollfimowen so idk.

Assuming the creator doesn’t willy-nilly throw this buff around randomly, that opportunity shouldn’t happen often.

Would give people more of an incentive to master the patterns of enemies rather than just learn and respond to them.

How about a red shield? Blue, Brown, then Black+Green… it will be too hard to tell what’s what in a fast paced environment. Red would contrast better, imho.

Although that would be quite visually appealing, the purpose of my idea was completely thematic.

Mithril —> invincibility

Colossus —>Absorption

And also, i thought it would make sense that a green shield would heal, as that’s the color associated with healing in this game.

Also enemies could slightly change to a higher hue. (but avoid the eye cancer that was made by the curse status effect).

(inb4 curse + absorption = fabulous breast cancer awareness enemies)

so is red

What where is red healing in realm.

anyway snake skin shield!

… explanation required.

No, snake skin shield is for the “sneaky” buff!!!1!!!

… well, that’s an argument i can’t disprove, but i think my reasoning for mine is slightly better.

When a Priest heals you, you receive that +??? in green.

And as this Absorption buff would function, it would show those same colored numbers on the enemy. Hence, why i think green is the better theme of healing in this situation.

Game Mechanic: Disable Teleporting [Rogue/Trickster]

cool. Surprised i havent seen this yet.

I was thinking of doing negative dmg with my wand that i was making.

I feel that this idea has potential; I’d personally like to see it in the game.

A way to prevent people from wanting to troll through healing the enemy on purpose is to make the damage they deal count as negative damage dealt. This would cause those players to leave the soulbound threshold, thus having less chance for loot.

Oh that’s actually pretty clever. And a sb multiplier could also be added since Absorption periods are probably quite short, so if the multiplier was 5, and you dealt negative 100 damage, you would lose 500 damage from your soul bound.

While sb is pretty easy to achieve in most places, I feel like the superstitious nature of most players means that they’ll be super uptight about not dealing negative damage.

bump

This is similar to Ruth’s healing when he fires in all directions to recover before being smacked again.

I like it. Thing is that people will have to actually think when fighting enemies with this “Absorption”.

Some people won’t know what they’re doing and will keep firing at the boss, simply put.

It may also cause a lot of lag because of the healing pixels flying everywhere.

If there is no pixels… People will think it’s some type of poison-text rehaul. Hopefully the bosses make it clear that they’re healing!

Maybe there could be pixels rising from the enemy sprite…

Like char sprites do when they get healing from priest or pally