Accepted Trade w/ Full Inv?

Scenario: I had 6 ATT and the guy I was trading with had a Life Potion that he was selling, plus a few more stuff. Since he didn’t have the inventory space for all 6 ATT, I only selected 5 for his Life Potion, but he kept wanting all 6 potions. So I selected all 6 ATT potions, and as expected the red “Not enough storage space” thing appeared. I was like, “This guy seems pretty new. Maybe he doesn’t know.” So I was about to say, “Dude, you don’t have enough inventory space,” when he accepted the trade? How is that possible if he doesn’t have enough space?

I still couldn’t click Trade since it wasn’t an option for me.

We eventually did manage to settle the deal. He cancelled the trade, put a couple stuff in his backpack, and we completed the 1L for 6 ATT trade. But it still bothers me…

Question: How did he accept even without enough inventory space? Was he using a hacked client or such? I haven’t stepped into a trading server in a while, so maybe there’s an update or something that I don’t know about?

If he was using a client, I don’t think he even knew. He made no attempt to hide it, didn’t disappear, and acted as normally as any regular trader would.

click outside the game and back in again, you will be able to click trade even though the red “inventory full” msg still appears.

Yeah, it worked when I tested it. How odd. I never knew of this feature.

I just tested it too, doing as you describe, clicking outside the game window and then back.

Tried to give someone with 2 spaces 3 pots (2x vit and 1x dex). They only received the 2x vit, but the dex did still leave my inventory along with the 2x vits.

So definitely I’d call this a bug rather than a feature! I’ve moved the topic into #game-discussion:bugs.

Also on unity, there’s no inventory full warning and you can always accept. This might be because of the planned bakcpack trading function (which isn’t fully implemented yet).

If you accept with a full inventory then the trade ends but it says error.

While this may be a bug, the pot didn’t disappear in thin air. It went into his backpack. This is a little method to trade into backpacks

However if his inventory was full, the extra pots would get yeeted out of existence.

Yes, the player had no backpack, so in this case the extra pot disappeared. I made sure to check beforehand that there were no backpacks involved to test out this on purpose. I guess it would also hold true if the player’s backpack was full, that the trade goes through and the item is lost into æther.

LaG iS a FeAtUrE

Ah, I see. My bad, I’ve only done this with backpacks so I assumed it would trade error if there isn’t space.

Would be cool if instead the char drank the pot :smiley:

Ofc this is just a bug, so it should get fixed ^^

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.