According to a DECA member, this new rune droptable, more fair to players disliking discord steamroll groups, might be wrong/changed

actually, the biggest reason LH is done via discord is the same reason as everything else: loot payout and efficiency. LH can also “reasonably” be done from realms at this point as long as everyone is actually willing to attempt it since knowledge of how to beat it is so prevalent. they don’t attempt it though, because discord is infinitely more efficient.

O3 won’t be any exception, the alien event showed us that tying things to the realm won’t stop discords from organizing and calling out nearly-cleared realms, producing very nearly the same effect as simply popping keys all day.

correction: half the poll participants on the rotmg discord (at least I assume as much) voted for it. that does not include everyone on the rotmg discord, and the rotmg discord does not include every player in the game. you need to think more critically about your data if you plan on bringing it up so much.

even if I were to agree with you that it is deca’s fault and that the rune will be made LH exclusive and that deca is capable of addressing this issue, I still would not be bothered very much by calling the entire thing a shameless facade because “shameless facade” is what we’ve been putting up with for a very long time now and it really isn’t anything new. just look at the mystery box shop and everything’s gold price. STory of war 1-3 also comes to mind. I don’t feel like much else needs to be said about that.

SALE! STs are now only $1.35 per pixel instead of $1.50! Lasting from now until theres an even cheaper Mystery box which we won’t tell you about in advance!

It’s evident quite a few people often disagree with you on realmeye too and realms are far from empty on active servers despite the almost nonexistent reqs at this point and far superiority of discords in efficiency, what more do you want? It seems kind of a truism to just keep ignoring the idea that maybe a significant amount of people just don’t like discord runs

Just being unfair to the design team since they have no say on monetization. DECA is not a homogenous entity and judging by half of the design team’s history before being hired it’s clear they care about the game atleast for a good chunk of them. (Because they were passionate players and didn’t even expect the hire)
(Not defending their monetization, things are far too overpriced and there are clear cases of P2W such as character slots, of course, companies are never passionate about anything)

if I’m ignoring the people who don’t want discord runs, then you’re ignoring the ones who do. if the majority of people genuinely wanted them removed, they wouldn’t still be a thing that is as active as it is. discords exists because for some ghastly reason people still like them. I’m not ignoring the fact that people dislike them because I am one of those very people, and it’s one of the reasons I quit. the majority of people evidently do enjoy this soul-crushing grind-a-thon or else those of us who don’t wouldn’t have to complain this hard to make an impression.

if you intend to bash deca as a whole for making O3 only accessible via LH, I don’t see how bashing deca has a whole for their monetization measures is any less valid. this point of yours would hold more weight to it if you were not doing the very same thing yourself.

Context matters, you’re ignoring it would cost them nothing to please both sides by keeping O3 accessible, enterable, without discord

I’m likely bashing a design choice, not a financial choice, LH was not deliberate as discord wasn’t even a well known thing yet, and they gain nothing from displeasing a large minority when both sides could be pleased, so this choice is just stupid if they make it Halls only even if financially motivated somehow, Lost Halls is still popped nonstip even if not the only source and a large minority evidenced by realms not being near empty despite sucking compared to discords, disagreement on realmeye and the decent split on the main discord

Wanted to step in and clarify that the correct list is as featured in the first part of the recent producer’s letter.

This is also something we’ll be monitoring very closely, both in terms of rates/accessibility and the kinds of parties that are most effectively getting to it. Without getting too deep into the subject of raiding, it’s something we’re determined to ensure does not feel like a requirement. We don’t want people to be under the impression that they have no real chance at an Oryx 3 run (much less a successful one) without that kind of involvement, and we’ll do what it takes post-release if need be to make it that way.

What do you guys think about Discords servers? ( Poll )

Well, i do have a bit more time, the thing is drop rates alone won’t be enough, Lost Halls is practically only done in discords, and done by far larger amounts of people than solos or extremely small groups that can do them from realms, making them also far, far more likely to get a rune.

I straight up don’t see how you could make it remotely accessible to realms without either just changing up the drop location of helmet or making Halls itself realm accessible, which would be a hurdle.

Altho if you’re willing to change it post-release, it’s fine i guess, wish you would do that for more things.

why does one of the runes drop in a place not owned by oryx tho

Because DECA doesn’t care about details like that.

I’m as big of a stickler for thematic consistency as they come, but that’s a slight concession in the interest of what makes the most sense gameplay-wise. It is tied into the descriptions to an extent so that it’s not completely without justification, though.

About your issue with Discord runs, how is this Deca’s fault and how could they combat it?

I don’t believe they can combat it at all, other than by just making all the content even easier than it is, and I’m pretty sure most people would say that’s not a good tradeoff

You don’t need discords to access O3, even if one of the runes is exclusively dropped in LH, people do solo/guild LH all the time, if you can’t solo a cult there’s no way you’re soloing O3, and if you’re trying to do it with a small group that just makes it even easier to get all of the marks required, as that’s more people that could have worked to get them.

O3 is going to be just as Discord dominated as LH is, maybe even more-so as it’s free (you can’t get keys, so those aren’t an issue for starting a run) and it drops even better loot than LH does.

I still don’t understand why the runes should exist in first place. There is already way to much stuff in this game locked up behind keys.

People don’t like the discords (ok maybe some of them do), they like the speed at which they get loot. If it would be possible to get stuff at approximatly the same rate without discords/ sitting in use nexus, maybe a fifth of the people would use the discords.

And this is only further exasperated by the way the loot tables are designed around someone farming in discord runs, meaning that you can’t run them casually (or farm them from realms) and expect a useful quantity of loot. I personally hate sitting in the discords and listening to some rl blather on about whatever, but it’s my only real shot at the unique items. Sure, I could go and solo the dungeon or run it in small groups, but that just turns into more of a “Hey guys, look how cool I am with my solo skills!” and less of a feasible means of item acquisition.

In short, I do discord runs because I have to. Also, LH needs more changes imo, but listing those would drag this thread way off-topic.

I wonder if it wouldn’t be possible to rig the (non-pot) loot to drop at a slightly higher rate. I’m very naïve with coding, but it seems like (to avoid doing) you could program the, say, Marble Colossus to be its own enemy for the majority of the battle, like now, as Marble Colossus 1. But in the last fragment of health, this “MC1” is “terminated” and almost instantaneously seamlessly transforms into an “MC2,” which spawns with a realistically similar health amount (this right here may be the glitchy part with a resetting health bar, maybe it’ll flash green for the barest trace of a second with the amount of damage it takes, generally?), but because it’s a new enemy, it recounts the people present and changes the loot drops accordingly.

Uhhhh, yeah, this may make people less willing to cooperate and try to kill each other, however… :cry:

Yeah, that would cause anti-co-operation if our loot chances were to go up due to other players nexusing or dying. People already get mad when someone “steals their dex pot” out of a sprite world when 3 players join instead of 2 or whatever! :smile:

Making a fight more time-based than DPS (so that huge groups can’t blitz through it) would be one way for parity of fight with different numbers of players, survival phases too. And don’t use HP scale as the way to increase fight length, because it overly bloats the fight for a small group but is nothing to a large/maxed group.

:frowning:

Well for this event you’re basically forced to be in a discord or give up.

Pretty sure they’re talking about grinding for tokens and not for runes. Runes are very farmable without discords but tokens are much more grindy.

haha. so they are. nvm XD

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.