Actual tips for survival

This was going to be a reply to the “how do i stop dying so frequently” topic, but I found that my response became quite long and figured it would be better as its own post for more exposure.

I find that lots of small habits add up to long-term survival.

Here are some of the habits I personally have when it comes to what I consider as basic content:

• use off-centered screen rotation everywhere, always be confident that there is no danger from behind.
  • frequently glance at the minimap in places where danger could come from all sides, like godlands (especially when blinded).
  • always keep in mind the source of dangerous effects (eg. amor break, confuse). This is the recurring theme for the rest of this list.
  • in Sprite Worlds, take note of anything that can paralyze Limon and be sure not to sit on Limon if it does get paralyzed.
  • in Haunted Cemetaries, be familiar with the dangers of every stage. For example, the second wave of the third round has some hard hitting enemies that spawn on the left and right sides. The boss of the third round spawns some exploding spirits that can do a lot of damage to a leather or robe class.
  • in Undead Lairs, always rotate your screen when exploring a new room such that you can see and destroy traps otherwise hidden by perspective. On a melee, don’t get shotgunned by that one Septavius phase.
  • in Abysses of Demons, be wary of the brutes that rush you from unexplored rooms on a robe or leather class. Be wary of and assume the worst possible group of enemies around every corner.
  • while rushing Puppet Master’s Theatres, take extra care to avoid armor breaking shots. Don’t get hit by paralyze shots that shoot outwards upon the death of a Puppet Master Clone. Don’t get shotgunned by the surprisingly deadly initial shotgun of the treasure room Oryx Puppet.
  • in Toxic Sewers, avoid any bad status effects (obviously) and spend as little time as possible inside the sickening sewage.
  • in Mad Labs, be careful to avoid sitting on exploding rampage cyborgs, especially when there are confuse effects nearby. Always confirm no green potions are still there before picking up loot from Dr. Terrible.
  • in Davy Jones’ Lockers, don’t get paralyzed by the lamps in the boss room.
  • at the Eye of the Dragon, keep at a safe distance and don’t get confused/sat on by the bats.
  • at the Grand Sphinx, know the phases and don’t stand near horrid reapers
  • at Deadwater Docks, be wary of the boss’ confuse and shotgun combination in the first phase. Stand in the safe spot during the second stationary phase, below and slightly to the left.
  • in Woodland Labyrinths, be wary of the first and especially second wave of larvae shots.
  • in Crawling Depths, pay attention to which eggs people are shooting at at every part of the dungeon. Keep in mind that the boss will be immune and jump around as long as the big blue egg is alive. Avoid armor break obviously.
  • in Ocean Trenches, don’t get armor broken at the boss.
  • in Ice Caves, be wary of huge drags. At the boss room, be wary of the situation where the boss is killed in the last seconds possible and the tornadoes start spawning during the chest.
  • in Oryx’s Castle, keep armor-breaking brutes in your vision and assume there is one sitting right behind the wall that you’re breaking. Don’t sit on the location where the surviving stone guardian throws his paralyzing sword.

Please post more tips if you people have any

How do i stop dying so freqeuntly?
How Not to Die

While rushing WC, stay closer to the edge and avoid confusion.

Back off when oryx shotgun is about to happen.

Don’t rush in the middle at the start of shatts, and avoid dragging enemies.

Don’t type while playing unless you know its safe.

Don’t buff Forgotten King if you have a small group (2-3 people)

#No.1 Pro Tip:

Don’t get hit

Even better:
Try not to die.

which edge? I like to stick to the “racer” technique, staying on the shortest route possible(the corners, and this comes especially helpful when there’s this one corner that turns to the boss), but always staying on the edge doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t encounter enemies. On my 4/8 assassin rush(look at my graveyard), I wasn’t careful and I stuck to my normal route, but there was a huge mob of enemies in front of me. I thought: oh shit better go right, but then I got confused, and went INTO the monsters, and I didn’t wanna lose this wc because I opened it, so I spammed hp pots, but I was sickened so I died. yea.

You can’t “tell” when shotgun is “about” to happen. He shoots continuous streams of shotguns, and its either back up and snipe, or go deep and circle. You don’t “back off”, and the speed of the shotgun’s shots is very fast, I doubt you can outrun it. Shotgun isn’t an appropriate name for this, and while there is a time gap between shots, its a time gap for each type of shot, and since there are like 6, it’s firing a stream of stars more like an automatic weapon than a shotgun.

…though its usually because people wanna be a dick and they WANT to reduce player count so they have less contenders for loot. I for one, agree with this method(rushing down mid and dragging enemies xd) because it’s basically survivor of the fittest after all. You either dodge or you don’t, there’s no tanking a shotgun from 3-4 ice adepts or an ice sphere and coming out saying "Lel XD"
Anyways, I find that rushing 1st adds to the action and breaks the monotony of the shatters, but I only do it in pubs ofc.

If you’re in a small group, I doubt you CAN buff the king anyways, unless all three are a seasoned veterans of the shatters, knowing how to get behind the king and all three being a warrior, but then again that’s highly unlikely. But if you are seasoned veterans, you should know what to do with a buffed king anyways.

Always read the wiki, especially if there is a dungeon or enemy that you haven’t faced before or keep dying to

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.