Add the next sentence to this story (A cautious round 1)

Alright, peeps! Some brave forumers took a stab at my first trial game, which I think started pretty well for a first attempt, overall! However, because I refrained from using as many rules as possible, the thread started spiraling chaotically out of control (which was ok! You can see the compilation of the last story here if you wish to skip straight to the end.

BEFORE ANYONE MAKES ANY COMMENTS OF ANY KIND, please review the revised rules below:

1 ) The game operates just as the title implies; we start off with a sentence, and a different person creates the next sentence, as long as it isn’t it’s own random standalone sentence, and provide context for any weird new information or dialogue. To clarify, if a randomly introduced character suddenly speaks or something random suddenly happens, please provide context as to how/what/where as applicable, even if it is just silly.

2a ) The sentence may be as long or as short as you wish, but it must be at least somewhat readable, and you have to wait to create another until at least one other person has completed another sentence succeeding your own.
2b ) Make sure it is actually one sentence. We had some cool thoughts last time from some creative individuals, but it defeats the purpose of the game. But who knows, I might make a game twist to accommodate that in the future? :wink:

3 ) IMPORTANT:

For the story sentences, please use the quote feature. Hit the “ symbol located above your typing box.

Any other text is treated as normal conversation outside of that box.
I will politely request that anyone edit their posts if they forget. :upside_down_face:

4ish? ) As a final loose rule, I’d prefer this thread remain more appropriate, but I can’t control the forums! :sweat_smile: If the story starts to get wildly inappropriate, however, I’ll interject. I reserve the right censor the final product if I someone’s purposefully trying to be an twerp when compiling the story in the end.

Round modifier: On account of what happened last game, I’m going to establish now that I want at least our main protagonist to remain alive for this round. And please, be sparing with deaths of new or important characters in general, for that matter. We had kill count of at least 8 characters last game, most of them barely introduced, and all very short lived. This is the only other thing I may request an edit on as applicable, as it hampered the flow and frustrated some of the story weavers last time. I may adapt this modifier with feedback.

Ok, now that you have better! read the rules, the story is your oyster, though you may find it forcibly shared…

The Story so far:

As Robbie stirred to, all he heard was a muffled groan; he could barely smell the cloying scent of chloroform before he passed out again.

Could we make the story part have the quote (use ">’ before your sentence) to make comments easier to read?

Yes, let’s do that. I’ll edit the rules to reflect this.

Edit: Done. Thanks!

so small text for ooc talk?, quotes for story? and normal text for what?. just checking

“That maggot-ass fucking bitch-ass fucking ass-licking motherfucker-ass bitch,” breathed Robbie as he came to yet again.

1. Normal text for normal talk
  2. Small text is now irrelevant; You might have read the rules before I completely edited them
  3. Quoting is for story talk

To the outside observer, Robbie would seem quite average, mediocre even.

Are you going to participate?

I may or may not. I saw a couple opportunities last time, but I was trying to stay more hands off. If there’s less interest this time around, I probably will. But I’ll give it a little time for people to see it exists; I just made this thread!

But he wasn’t even average, yes his absolute lack of coordination was legendary! A quadrapalegic would have an easier time getting down a set of stairs than Robbie.

Fuck it I want to kill him now ;~;

@Nameness Remember, one sentence please! That’s 2. :>

Hey, any of you that care, should I compile the story in the title as it grows rather than the end? Another potential problem from last time is that people mightnot have wanted to scroll through an entire thread through convoluted messaging to understand what has happened in the story, so they just improvised something. It’s much easier to flop back and forth between the top and bottom, rather than reading everything, right?

Whelp! It’s been a while. I’ll interject here:

But his family were brilliant inventors, who despite all having similar crippling physical limitations, all had equally brilliant tech to help counteract their weaknesses.

Unfortunately robbie forgot his ?coordination support? back home, so he tried to look around.

Sounds like a good plan.

However, he couldn’t move his head very far because he was tied up!

how’s this?

Well, I mean, I was ok with the inventor direction, but whatever lol; these are supposed to be weird.

The foul scent of chloroform had faded away so Robbie focused his attention towards the room’s entrance, beyond which he can hear heavy footsteps being taken, and they sound like they’re getting closer.

Commas are useful.