Add the next sentence to this story (Test phase)

Do you mean the 5th book?

Yeah, read it as a 5 in 1 ebook so idk the titles.

Sorry, are these still part of the story?

No, I don’t believe so. If I could have @NoxNovus, @Nameness, @Twitchystr, @EddyOrk, @Crazeeyd, @Bluford, and (maybe?) @PrimeGrind view the guidelines for the proper story font as to distinguish it from normal dialogue. That will hopefully resolve any confusion. Also, my apologies, I didn’t announce that change on this thread! :sweat:

I’ve just been using this to distinguish non-story comments, as I don’t know how to get that font
I am forums noob :frowning:

Yeah, I noticed that you were doing that! Thanks for the attempt. When typing out a message, there’s a bunch of buttons on top. Hit the “B” and type in-between the symbols that show up for your text to bolden.

Alright! It’s been a few days. I think the few of you here burned out! lol
I’d like to hear from those interested: would you guys mind me making a new thread with more established guidelines (For instance, limiting the protagonist death count)? I’d be game for taking into account any additional guidelines you’d prefer.

Then death gets COVID-19.

How dare you sir

Didn’t burn out, just was tired of ‘then he ded’

(I’ll quit the small text for now) That’s what I meant by establishing a new thread. This was a good practice round, but the “he’s dead, Jim!” was getting a little excessive and interrupted the flow of the story. Hence the reset button.

Just as forewarning for all you participants, you can still attempt to continue the story, but I’m opening this thread for your ideas in regards to the (hopefully sparse) guidelines with the second round. Just to give people enough time, I’m willing to give it a week before I compile the story on the beginning of the thread, then @ the moderators to close the thread to keep things tidy. :smile:

I guess i’ll continue the story :slight_smile:
A bit later, in medieval Africa, a wee lad was born, and christened “Scrub.” Scrub was born into a poor family, and ate one meal of porridge a day. When he got older, he worked for the blacksmith to make money. Because of this, when he grew older, he had an extensive knowledge of weapons/armor, along with pretty ripped muscles. One day, the village was attacked by flying demon bears. The village was burned to the ground, and most of the villagers were taken away, including his family. Thirsting for revenge, he salvaged the village for metal, and salvaged an iron sword, a wooden shield, and a makeshift suit of armor. Then, he set off on his adventure to find and rescue his family, stopping at nearly nothing to accomplish his mission. After a few hours of walking, he got pretty tired, so he built a nice, blazing fire and went to sleep. However, he was woken up by mysterious growling and clanking noises. He tracked the source of the noise to a clan of alligator sheep warriors, who were thankfully friendly. They gave him a place to stay and food to eat, but before long he had to leave. When he did, the alligator sheep warriors gave him a bunch of gold coins, since they didn’t need it. So, he set off on his journey to find his parents.
I took a pretty long time writing this, so don’t let him die.

That’s the largest SENTENCE I’ve seen on this thread yet!!! :rofl:

Guess ill continue my own story :d
After walking for about an hour or so, Scrub stumbled across a town he knew as “Kubiland.” However, the town looked nothing like it used to. Most of the town was blackened and burnt, with buildings reduced to small piles of rubble, and the mayoral residency smashed to bits. As he was walking through the streets, he heard a voice say,
"Psst! Hey, kid! Over here! Scrub turned to see where the voice was coming from and saw a large, well-camouflaged trapdoor. He walked over to it and opened the heavy trapdoor easily with his ripped muscles. When he opened it, it revealed a set of stone stairs, which he descended with care. Once he reached the bottom, he saw an old man. The old man said, “My name is Taine, nice to meet you.” Scrub said, “Nice to meet you too Taine, can you tell me what happened to Kubiland?” Taine sighed and said, “It was those darn armadillo lemur wolves. You see, the armadillo lemur wolves have tough armor, can move really quickly, and can glide through the trees. Thankfully there’s only a few of them left since most of them died out when their forest home caught on fire. However, it requires a really skilled swordsman to beat one of them in a fight, and Kubiland had no soldiers posted since it was generally a really peaceful town.” Scrub replies, “Well, I’m on a mission to rid the earth of those darn flying demon bears and rescue my family.” Taine says, “Oh, so you’re one of those people. Well, I believe I have something that can help you.” Taine gets up and goes through a hidden door at the back of the room. He returns with a large egg, about the size of a hand. He hands it to Scrub and says, “I have no idea what this is, but if you raise it well, it will help you along on your adventures.” Scrub takes the egg, and after wishing the old man good luck, he departs from the hidden basement and continues on his journey. Around the edge of town, he sees a fish deer barbarian, who sees him at the same time. The barbarian shouts a not-really-bloodcurdling-but-kinda-scary war cry and charges Scrub, then realizes that he forgot his axe, and has to run back and get it. Once he gets his ax, he begins to fight with Scrub. Scrub’s extensive weaponry knowledge gives him the upper hand, as the ax has one major flaw: it takes a really long time to raise. Knowing this, as soon as the barbarian swings his axe down, Scrub uses his sword to bury the axe in the ground. The fish deer barbarian runs away, and Scrub continues on, but a few minutes later, cracking noises emerge from his pocket. He pulls out the egg, and out pops a goat, with what seems to be really short front legs. It nudges and cuddles him, and Scrub feeds it the food he finds at the fish barbarian’s camp, and decides to name the short-legged sheep “Bobberton.” And off they went.

Scrub and Bobberton come across a tiger man who doesn’t attack them and is named?

is the tiger man joining the party? and i’m letting someone else name him. also flying demon bears then armadillo lemur wolves what’s next.:laughing: also are rolls allowed?

I’ll work on the story tomorrow

are you gonna add just a sentence or are you gonna add like a wall of text?. well it is add a sentence not walls of text

Their journey was a short one.

you’re a bit late