Advice for Players Struggling with In-Game Death

@Scorchmist Yes, it was a gift. The person gifting didn’t know too well the limited and fragile lifespan of a mac.

seems to be a common theme with macs…

@Scorchmist I’m still waiting for a laptop that’s similar to a Nokia phone. I’d put my life savings in that.

instantly breaks or gets stolen

@Scorchmist Gets QoT, dies with it, and sends laptop to the bottom of the ocean

see getting a good white isnt necessarily a good thing :wink:

obsidian dagger op

hmm…

@xaklor want to show him a real text wall?

mmm, I don’t have a text wall’s worth of information of this subject ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
but I do have this: PAY ATTENTION, it gets me every time.

also, when you start lagging and enemies start flying everywhere and nothing happens while the game loads, DON’T stand still, enemies are actually still active, what’s really going on is that they think you’re standing where you were when you started lagging, so the best thing to do is to run toward a place that had nothing going on over there, nothing will still be going on because everything is aimed at where you were.

well i meant a link to those big comments in the ideas section

you mean this?

yes that

Here’s my advice for dealing with character deaths:

JUST DON’T POT THE CHARACTER!!!
I can’t stress how important this is.

Sure, potted characters is nice right? You walk up to an avatar and tank everything it shoots. And you just stand there in once place and kill the avatar? Like all the streamers?
Nope.

It takes a while to realize this, but POTS DON’T ACTUALLY MAKE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE. For example, the amount you get form drinking 25 def is like a TINY difference in damage tooken. Sure, it might save you a couple times, but if you were to TP into a cube god, would it make a difference if you took 100 60 damages or 100 57 damages? No.

Pro players are able to do things not because of they’re pots, but because of they’re pet. I can’t stress how much people think its the pots that makes all the difference. It doesn’t. Maxed characters just look cool(Actually, in my opinion, divine pets are cooler, but whatever). But in the end, whether the pro players are potted or not, they can probably still do the same thing.

JUST PLS DON’T POT UNTIL YOU HAVE AT LEAST A RARE PET. JUST SPEND YOUR WEALTH ON A PET. I assure you it will be better.

Thanks,
Mingyang Wang

A Realmeye Christmas [CLOSED]

have you TRIED farming glands w/ out maxed def? constructs and flying brains and djinns will MURDER you, and they’re supposed to be the ones you ignore until ghost gods and medusas are dead. same thing for snake pit, an extra 25 damage per shot makes an absolutely massive difference when there are that many shots. POTS MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE DON’T LISTEN TO THIS GUY.

umm, i kinda get what your trying to say…but… its a pretty darn big difference. [quote=“Mingyang, post:23, topic:2945”]
JUST PLS DON’T POT UNTIL YOU HAVE AT LEAST A RARE PET. JUST SPEND YOUR WEALTH ON A PET. I assure you it will be better.
[/quote]

ehh, i would say get at least a maxed common, but like…ehh depends on the person

(took me a while to find this post but)
So i get these death streaks a lot usually what i do is

1. cool down for a few days
  2. remember the basics of realm, risk over reward? Is it worth it? Carve those into your brain
  3. Not to feel pressured by having to earn back what i lost, often gets you to become reckless and die. Basically dont get greedy.
  4. Sometimes even playing with 0-1/8 and/or use a bad pet to remember how to play as a noob. Remembering about dodging.
  5. Avoiding instant kill dungeons (pcave boss)

Actually, yes I have.
Its like a 3 damage difference.
I always farm Glands with unpotted(except a couple times when i potted, which was a bad idea). And i pretty much never die in glands unless its due to lava.

And its just my opinion.

wait? what have you? [quote=“Mingyang, post:26, topic:2945”]
Its like a 3 damage difference.
[/quote]

for what? using 3 def pots?[quote=“Mingyang, post:26, topic:2945”]
(except a couple times when i potted, which was a bad idea)
[/quote]

but you farm much faster, and you get to learn how to use 1+/8s better.

My advice for players who are struggling is to try out each and ever class till you find a class your are comfortable with and want to play then look up guides on how to play that class and master them. Make sure to store up your pots so if you die it won’t be starting straight from scratch. Start with easy dungeons then move your way up till you understand all of the dungeons. Last of all have fun.

@Scorchmist I didn’t expect my first post to get so much attention.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.