After a few months Lost Halls has really changed

I feel ya. While I’ve always been keen with partial skips, full skip runs had me thinking about my safety versus time saved. I remembered my first full skip run, I did not want to bring my pride character: The 20Knight as I’d like to call him, into the run because it sounded so sketchy. I brought a mystic along instead, and it went smoother than I thought it’d be thanks to everyone’s coordination in rushing. Ever since then I built my confidence up and would bring my knight even to such runs.

As for not bringing melees for safety, I also understand that. Why on earth would I want a 3.5 range class to be anywhere near some of those dangerous instakill enemies?Only then I realised that there are many other people who do the main bulk of damage when melees can’t get close. Furthermore, the only place where damage really counts are the bosses.

MBC has many phases where melees can go deep for dmg.
Void may theoretically be leeched entirely and you get your sb damage when they’re a flame
And Malus…there’s some easy phases that melees can tank and the final phase for easy damage.

But of course, to each their preference. Ranged classes are still guaranteed a higher element of safety as they don’t have to go deep, and can help clear enemies or damage bosses when melees can’t go deep, so I definitely understand anyone who only brings range to the party. Melees are safer due to tankier capabilities, while ranged are safer due to not being too close to danger~
ᴼʰ ᵈᵉᵃʳ, ᵈᶦᵈ ᴵ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ʷʳᶦᵗᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵐᵘᶜʰˀ ᴵ’ᵐ ˢᵒ ˢᵒʳʳʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠˡᵒᵒᵈ ʰᵃʰᵃ;;

[I wish every thread outside of the Off-Topic forum was like this one. I really appreciate the thorough and detailed analyses and explanations. OB]

to make a long story short: hackers.

you have a 90/90 pet, you should be able to bring a melee to a halls. If you can’t, it’s a matter of skill.

I am sure I could bring a melee into halls, it’s just that I care enough about them to not want to even bother risking them

Yeah I had no idea how lost halls functioned because I took a four month break from them.

Most lost halls servers do ‘skip runs’ which basically is skipping over enemies with the use of mystic stasis.

Other servers do full skip runs which is the use of warriors, paladins, knights and mystics to keep the group buffed, big minions stunned, and every minion stasised.

It takes minimal time to complete and it’s actually relatively safe if you stay with the group at all times.

Bringing a melee shouldn’t add more risk. In fact, it should lower your risk because of their higher HP.

Oh it’s time!

Time to bring up the opinion that melees are actually the worst class!

Any by ‘worst’ I mean the most risky.

I’ve been doing a lot of halls and I can assure you the safest spot is in the middle of the damaging meatball of players that moves through the halls.

However, full skip runs are inconsistent bs and you just won’t survive 100 full skip runs.

if youre in a competent group then melees are 100% the most safe due to their high hp and def stats.

Ok then keep using them.

So there are three parts to a Void run.

The Halls.

MBC.

Void.

In the Halls, reaction time is a huge factor. If you’re walking forward and you don’t see that crusade coming from the side you’re toast. Due to the crazy nature of Halls and the challenges of team coordination crusades can come from up down and all around. For this reason a fast speedy character that can back up is quite useful. Warrior technically meets this criteria, but it’s at the front of the pack.

Reaction time is important for not only the enemies but also the skips. When a raid leader calls for you to hug the right wall and you have your camera rotated , it can be very disorienting and confusing. If you’re two seconds too slow you can end up getting left behind and that’s usually when you die.

In the Halls pretty much every enemy has one hit ko power. This, combined with poorly timed stasis and their ability to blend into the meatball of damaging players makes for quite a few deaths. I’ve seen countless melees get sat on by angry bois, crusaders, and slimes. Even an oryx spawner minion can instapop a melee.

When a run goes bad the people at the front almost always die first. The classes that end up dying at marble defender are often melee that don’t realize there aren’t enough heals to steam through it.

And speaking of marble defender, there’s a big reason why melee are absolutely essential for Halls runs but are not the safest class. It’s the marble seal.

The marble seal is essentially game changing. It doubles the def of all the classes and gives the ranged/dagger classes exactly what they need to shrug off damage. Since there’s a damage reduction cap (10%) I believe, the melees don’t benefit nearly as much as those other classes do.

For MBC, thanks to the marble seal the experience is nearly identical for all classes. I’d say melee have a slightly greater chance of getting sat on by MBC, but it’s not an issue for competent players.

For Void, the HP from melee definitely helps for survival. The experience is fairly similar for most classes. However, there is a phase before all now ends where the Void entity sends out stacked shots. These shots roast plenty of melee and it’s best to be as far away from them as possible.

rush past oryx rooms, push big boy back

What are “SBC”/“sbc” runs?

spooky boy central, a discord server

it is one of the more exclusive discords, with high reqs but infrequent runs

pretty much dead too.

The only time I like to skip rooms in skip runs is when I’m with my backup/alt paladin. It’s fun and thrilling, haha. Running past crusaders adds the most fun, when you don’t care about a char.

Damm. Two void whites in 8 days. The mate’s luck is real.

Speaking of which, is anyone here familiar with any of the more exclusive LH discords? I’m a part of the pub LH and MCH already.

sbc is open

But sbc is dead

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.