Alchemist Rework Idea

My concept for the Alchemist primarily consists of crafting items, along with finding use for Tarots and Treasures.

So, when you greet the Alchemist, he’ll say the following:
“Greetings! I am the Alchemist, and I have travelled throughout the entire world to attain extensive knowledge of items and how they work.
So, what does this mean?
I can take your items and see what I can do with them! I can take materials and forge equipment, take your spare items and reduce them to a base form, or anything you need!
All of this for a price, of course. I am not running a charity. Unlike your dear Tinkerer friend, who seems to be too old to do anything but give his items away, I have things to do.
And no, I do not take gold. I have plenty of that. I take only precious treasures from the Realm’s most fearsome creatures!
So, if you want my business, then go ahead and place an item below and I can show you what I can do!”

So, this bit of information is enough to get a jist of what the Alchemist does.
The Alchemist can take items and forge them to go up a tier (tiered items only) and reduce UTs to a base form, which in turn can be crafted to make Quest Chests or Epic Quest Chests.

“woah go up a tier??? does that mean that LH tops will be worthless???”

No, I’ll go into the specifics of the crafting quests. I guarantee you, nobody will be able to cheese their way through getting new tops via this Alchemist.

Once an item is placed into the slot that the Alchemist mentions, he’ll bring up the possible things he can do with them.

Let’s say, I put in a Spirit Dagger in the slot.
The Alchemist can say the following:
“Hmmm… Spirit Dagger, ey? This is what I can do with this:”
Reforge: No Option
Reduction: Reduce to Base Form?"

Reducing items to base form will cost 100 fame, the item, and a random tarot card.
Reducing takes 4 hours. Upon taking the base of an item, you can put it back in or keep it for UT Alchemy.
Item bases go by dungeon rather than individual items. Some UTs do not have any base at all, such as Lost Halls items. Only non event white bag drops from Tinkerer Quest dungeons can be reduced. So yeah, no reducing cdirks or juggs, or on the other hand, spider eye rings and poison fang daggers.
If a UT cannot be reducted, the Alchemist will say:
“Oh my, what is this? I have never seen such a thing before! Unfortunately, I cannot work with this, for I might ruin it! Sorry!”

Special Themed items can also be reduced into ST Shards. It will cost the same amount of fame and tarot cards to reduce them.

Crafting Quest Chests:
“I know your dear friend Tinkerer, and I can surely convince him to hand me some of his chests. Just gimme some UT base, any UT, and I can work with it to make something that he cannot resist.”
If the item base is of an item that drops from the normal quest chest, then the crafting quest will give 4 normal quest chests. If it is an item base of an item that drops from an epic quest chest, then it will give 4 epic quest chests.
Crafting quest chests costs 500 fame, a single dungeon item base, a random tarot card, and a random treasure. It takes 12 hours to complete.

UT Alchemy:
Item bases are stackable, for stacks up to 4. What is the purpose of this?
Item bases, as stated before, go by dungeon. You can only work with stacks of 1 or stacks of 4 when going to the Alchemist.
Say that you have 4 Davy Jone’s Locker item bases. What can be done with this is that you can go to the Alchemist and turn in the stack.
He will say the following:
“Ah, four item bases… good, good. I can work with these, and I will produce an item that the dungeon usually drops! No guarantees on what you can get, however.”
Like item reduction, it will only produce white bag drops from the dungeon. It is completely random, so if you turn in a stack of Davy Jones bases, you can get both Spirit Dagger and Ghostly Prism, regardless of the UTs you reduce. The chances to get UTs also adjust based on the relative rarity of each of the items from the actual drops in game.
UT Alchemy costs 1250 fame, the stack of bases, two tarot cards, and two random treasures. It takes 36 hours to complete.

Item Reforging:
I did mention things about going up tiers, right?
Well, with tiered items, you can upgrade a t12 and t13 weapon/armor to t13 and t14.
“WHATTTT THIS IS GOING TO KILL LHS! NO REASON TO DO THEM NOW GRRRR”
Actually, no. Hear me out.
After giving the Alchemist your item, he will say:
“This speaks to me of a tiered item! A nice fella I met in my travels gave me a secret about reforging them, and I think I know how the theory works. However, I lack a crucial ingredient: The essence of the void. If you can get a stack of them, I can upgrade your item to a marvelous new item!”
As you can predict, upgrading requires a so called essence of the void. Where do you get that?
Well, from the Void Entity itself!
Accepting the Alchemist’s offer will put you on a reforging quest.
When you have a reforging quest active, the Void Entity will start dropping a “Fragment of the Void” as a guaranteed drop upon defeat.
Fragments can be stacked, with a limit of 20.
After getting a full stack, you can bring it to the Alchemist and he can start working on reforging it.
The actual process of reforging takes 36 hours to complete, and it costs 2000 fame, the tiered item meant to be reforged, the stack of void fragments, two tarot cards, and two random treasures.

Item Crafting:
This is simple and straight forward. You go on a crafting quest, gather items, give the Alchemist the items and payment, and he crafts them into new items.
No currently existing item can be made via this. This feature would be mainly for events or giving people something to do/an excuse to farm the realm.
Materials will drop from the realm only, meaning that nobody can cheese their way through the quests via keys.
The payment will be 1000 fame, 2 tarot cards and a random treasure.

So that’s it. Feel free to give feedback! Thanks for reading this wall of text! <3

Reddit Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/9r605b/alchemist_rework_idea/

I swear this has been brought up as an idea before…

but is has been reworked to be better and I say this is fine

Good idea. I started playing the game too late and never got to experience the Alchemist, so in a sense that would be getting that back for me :slight_smile:

A crafting idea, but one that’s ACTUALLY good.

ef098a26d1a0f0df01c0cea06567e4659574305e_1_317x499

To be honest, I think new tops have a much lower drop rate than 1/20, especially for the one you want. Maybe something like 50 void tokens?

Ah yes, the stack limit of the fragments. The reforge bit is quite controversial in terms of what it does, and I’m thinking of redoing it so that you need a certain drop from the Void (slightly more common than the actual new tops) to make them, along with the fragments.
I’ve asked a few LH discords, and they said that it felt like they dropped once every 15 LHs.

Lol i meant to write it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.