Am I the only one worried about the Shatters rework?

can I join your guild pls or does it have any spots open

you can apply on our discord, link on our realmeye

ill apply in a few weeks when I have access to a computadora. Do you guys do guild dungeons

So far it seems not so much like a Shatters rework than a much harder new dungeon.

Shatters has serious problems; too easy to disrupt from the start, which means the whole run can be ruined by a disruptive or clueless player who can then nexus. Highly variable difficulty which makes it easy at some points but throws in DPS walls ruling out solo or small unoptimised group play. So I wish they’d first fixed just that, making it more accessible to small random groups, even to soloing by an experienced player, like other dungeons dropped by event quests.

At the same time it clearly needs a visual refresh, and a design rework as the only extended dungeon with a fixed layout, one which struggles to look like anything coherent. It looks like that is happening. I just wish it were happening without the difficulty cranked up to 11.

That’s exactly my sentiment.

I’m just glad that the biggest killer in Shatters won’t be sheer boredom any more

Yep

And even then, I’m sure content will eventually come out which makes using higher level gear very important.

after all, the endgame requires strong gear and preperation, right?
not ideal to solo mbc on a t10 staff and t4 spell

Many bosses require you to deal enough DPS to push them out of a phase. Have you tried Leucoryx or Dammah or MBC with a character with low DPS? That shit is hard, and phases last forever.

bringing survival gear is enough dps already
i’m not sure to get what you’re trying to say, everyone that learns any dungeon is coming on a 4/4 to it? cause that’s not the case, they all come with gear that give them the most hp/def

I agree with the original poster completely.

From what we have seen, the dungeon is on par with O3 difficulty, but lacks O3 loot.

I felt that the first boss was just as hard if not harder than the o3 minibosses.

Let’s break down what the new shatters offers.

Exalts - Lots of people have already exalted attack on several characters from the old shatters.

Fame - Unknown at this time how profitable the dungeon will be in terms of fame.

Loot - Underwhelming to say the least. Like I said in the original shatters post, I feel disappointed about the reworked rings. Crown has no changes at all, bracer is a worse omni and still is inferior to ubhp for defensive capabilities, and gemstone looks to be a gimmicky item that may have use in niche sets (the t0 tome priest) but otherwise will not have any practical use. The other loot shatts is rumored to offer (including t13 weapons and t14 armors) doesn’t get me excited at all.

Fun / Community - Without a doubt, the new shatters will be a fun challenge to approach and complete. That being said, I believe the new shatters will continue to fragment the community into small pockets of players. I absolutely agree the old shatters is braindead, but at least 50 people could get together and do it. The new dungeon highly favors small groups for safety and efficiency.

TLDR: New shatters is basically a longer O3 without the O3 loot.

People saying the old shatts is too easy are correct, but that doesn’t change the fact that people have exalted all of their attack doing it and have loads of rings / sts / etc.

Don’t forget that players have also become familiar with O3, which offers better rewards.

I firmly believe that the loot should reflect the difficulty of the dungeon and it is my personal opinion that the new shatts won’t be run that often outside of the fun factor.

On the topic of loot, it was mentioned in the official twitch stream that showed off a WIP version of the dungeon that there would be new UTs other than just the tweaks for the rings.

That is good to hear.

I still don’t understand the weak sauce behind the rings though.

Bracer should get 8 attack. 4 attack is just depressing and defense loses its usefulness when every endgame boss is getting armor piercing.

Gemstone should get some HP. Obviously I haven’t tried the boss but it looks deadlier than Void.

Depending on how hard the king is the crown could also offer some additional benefit (maybe speed if they are too worried about attack power creep).

The game is becoming too easy with o3 items, This game is in need of a challenge

each boss will have its own ut set dropped in white bags and also bps, just like o3 minibosses

about the difficulty it’s pretty easy atm, from what i’ve seen of 1st and 2nd, it’s way easier than o3
just an example, i could already solo the first boss on my 2nd attempt while i died on 5 6/8+ to complete my first o3, i think you’re jumping to conclusions very fast

Pst, Senate is an endgame guild. If you are not good @ O3, don’t try to apply…

ik neo is top 10 in exalts. That’s why i’m wanting to join. I can do o3s consistently now. The only thing holding me back is getting in to runs. I usually do o3s in between school classes bu sometimes the realm clear takes too long.

I’m curious as to where people are saying this, because it’s never been explicitly stated by Deca what’s going to actually be dropping (and from where).

It took me… somewhere around 10+ O3 deaths for me to get my 1st clear.

(here you see a wild tester trying their best not to leak and trying to fix false info)

my first time finishing o3 was my first try. I just got carried from the guild mainey who let me stay. Miasma lasted 2 seconds.