Amateresu bug - cannot fire it when within 3 tiles of any wall

Just noticed this bug today as I started playing samurai again, not sure if it has always been there or if it is new, but you cannot shoot the Amateresu with it aimed within 3 tiles of a wall. This is especially noticeable in stone guards fight, when trying to use the ability. Also in Oryx castle when trying to get extra damage to break walls and fight brutes. Note that the other samurai abilities don’t have this issue, so I am pretty certain it is a bug as opposed to a feature (if it is a feature, why?)…

Edit: note that there is some “sweet spot” where you can fire right at the edge of the wall, but within 3 tiles away you cannot (unless this is only happening to me for some reason)…

Video of showing this in vault:

*sigh

It’s not the first time the Amaterasu has had a bug mentioned, as seen here. The discussion was mostly centered on having a different range than what it says, but the waki not firing near walls was mentioned.

Yeah I didn’t see that post, but yeah it was mentioned in the first comment there. Honestly I was really excited to start using this item, but it seems pretty bad other than in godlands or whatnot. The variability of if it will fire or not when trying to use it in dungeons is very annoying.

Eh I guess it would be high hopes that this might get changed then :confused:

I think this may be a bug with all waki’s actually: if any projectile of the waki would start in a wall (and maybe rocks too, haven’t tried), the waki will not fire

This bug applies to all wakis, if the area where the shots would spawn is blocked, the waki won’t work.

It’s also why eastern winds is incredibly useful, and why the waki of crossing fire sucks ass.

Depends, do wakis pierce obstacles?

They do as long as the shot doesn’t “start” inside the obstacle (the discussion of this bug), which furthers the thought that this is a bug, and even if intentional it definitely makes gameplay crappy with waki’s…

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/wakizashi
" Piercing Shots hit multiple targets and Passes cover Shots pass through obstacles"

Walls aren’t obstacles. Kazekiri pierces obstacles, too, as do Ninja stars, and they don’t go through walls either.
That’s basically the entire point of walls - blocking you from directly shooting through them.
It is a fair bit annoying that it won’t work at all if even one shot fails. It’d definitely be nicer if instead, it only fails if all shots spawn within a wall.

A little better but it still can’t be used near walls reliably.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.