An idea for quests change

So recently I’ve stopped doing quests. The core reason is that collecting marks isn’t fun at all. You need to find dungeons and complete them like 8 times, and sometimes you forget to even pick up the mark. My idea is to add more "fun" quests rather than collecting marks.

What I mean is something like this:

Instead of: Get 8 abyss of demons marks

It would be: Kill 60 demons of the abyss or find a treasure room in an abyss of demons or even complete an abyss of demons in under 5 minutes.

I think that would be way better than collecting marks, because it would encourage people to clear dungeons etc.

Now I know you people would say: “But hey those would be too easy and you could just get an epic chest for killing 60 demons? This idea sucks!”

The prizes would change aswell, and it wouldn’t only be “Kill 60 demons”, because it would be combined.

Let me know what you guys think.

Post writing: Events would follow the same pattern too, for example:

Instead of: get 6 marks of esben and 2 marks of geb

It would be: Kill 4 sarcophags or travel 500 m on ice or something like that

Love the idea. Always find myself keeping marks in the bag even during a mark event. Wouldn’t it be hard to code into the game a tracker of monster kills or ice tiles moved or something? Dunno seems like a legit idea.

Yeah also the “Realm completion” in the top left corner is kinda useless except for knowing how many minions are left. It could be used for the quests to keep track of them.

I actually had a similar idea I was working on, except it would be more of its own thing. Definitely love this though, especially if its something other than collecting marks that eat up inventory space :smile:

Different types of monster kills is defo easy, they already have it for Oryx/god/cube kills.
Just needs defining and coding onto whichever enemy and off we go, now the game can count how many abyss minions we killed. But remember only 1 person can kill an enemy, the rest only damage it.

It’d be a bit tricky to integrate it into the quests, as stats are only counted per character, they don’t get totalled together atm. So you’d have to say “I accept this quest on this character” and then the quest reads your stats, so when you return it can look at the difference. Ofc changeable to another char, or they could even invent a totalling process across all. Do-able as a system I’m sure.

Some of the other subideas could be trickier, each one would have different hurdles to overcome, some might not be exactly possible, like I think it could count how many ice tiles you’ve seen, but not how many you’ve actually walked on. But as a concept it would be interesting to have such side quests deciding what you’re gonna focus on doing that day and there could be a lot more to quests than just quests/bounties and marks, if they wanted to explore that path, yep.

Plus you actually have to have the inventory space to store the marks.

Imagine an actual QUESTLINE in this game on top of this stuff, now that would be fun.

If Deca ever decided to try something similar to this out that is. Which is unlikely until the Unity port is complete.

They want us to spend money to store marks lol

I’ve always wondered why they didn’t make mark stackable after all these updates… Thanks Jesus

Yeah, it’s a combination of what could be idealism: “we want you to actually do the quests daily, not store up the marks” with the underlying, “of course you CAN store them, but you have to buy storage” as a reason to invest in vaults etc.

i suppose another idea could be that marks are consumables and when you finished the dungeon, you “use” it. then after “using” a certain amount you unlock the chest

Yeah that would be an alternative, though it would turn it into a more direct moneygrab; as for the epics doing them via key might have to become the main option if it was made impossible to store the marks. Eg. it’s very rare I do my epic purely on the day, and rely a lot on always having some of the rarer marks in the vault.

best ideia ever!!

If I wasn’t trying to store marks for the “hard” dungeon quests (the ones with an Epic Quest chest), I’d have so much inventory space. But at the same time, I don’t want to lose out on a “free” Epic Quest Chest and clover.

The abyss demons was an example. With the unity port more things will be avaible to the Deca team and they will be focusing way more on adding features. I honestly see this feature as “possible to do”.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.