Ancient Doom Bow (My Version)

Since Deca was big lazy with their version, I’ve decided to put the same amount of effort into this.

Ancient Doom Bow

Black Arrow

An ancient relic taken from the depths of The Undead Lair. It still requires tremendous strength to wield this bow, let alone fire it.

Tier UT
Shots 2
Damage 450–550 (average: 500)
Arc Gap 13
Projectile Speed 19 tiles/second
Lifetime 0.250seconds
Range 4.75 tiles
Effects Piercing Shots hit multiple targets
Rate of Fire 20%
Fame Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 1200
Loot Bag Assigned to White Bag
Drops From Heroic Septavius The Ghost God

Edit: I Fixed it.

Did you even check this on the DPS calculator?
It’s way too OP man, especially for a drop from something that is less than endgame content.

A fame bonus of 8% is way too high, giving it a decrease of -11% RoF does not justify 2 shots and a damage output increase and it still has Multi-hit and retains the original range?

Consider making it balanced please. A damage increase would be enough (so what you’ve already put), but everything else is in need of major rethinking if you are going to make it different from the current Doom Bow.

I did.

well fine >:(((((

Perfect, I’ll buy 20!

That’ll be 50,000 gold please.

I think that the damage could be decreased by like 15-30, and the weapon could either have slower projectiles or some small hp/def decrease. The weapon’s current state seems fine, although it’s slight better than the void bow which I don’t think deca wants.

My version off better dbow is just a higher projectile speed. Easily balanced and not too aOp

Are you talking about my version, or your version? :o

*Our version

Slight issue here as noted before. A lot of the game is about balance and most of the time, whites are balanced. Different whites have different strengths but there is no single white that is “directly superior” to others. Your version of the doom bow is quite broken. I know that you didn’t make it this way on purpose because when you were making this bow, you were only thinking about the classic doom bow and therefore this bow made logical sense. However, when designing an item, you can’t only look at one item before it and base all of your knowledge off that one weapon.

Sure this is an upgrade from a doom bow, and that makes sense because doom bow drops from a weaker version of this dungeon. HOWEVER, doom bow is largely considered a very balanced bow, even compared to bows that drop from more difficult dungeons such as void bow, leaf bow, and coral bow. Although your doom bow is understandably better then the doom bow, it is also better then these other bows and therefore is not balanced. Therefore, if you would like to make a “ancient doom bow”, stop basing it around a bow that already exists. Make something unique, something fun, not an overpowered mess.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.