Ancient Shield of Stone

###Ancient Shield of Stone

A shield well worn, though still reminiscent of a dark grandeur from times past.

####Stats:
-Tier: UT

• MP Cost: 65
  • Shots: 12 (every 30 degrees for 360 degrees)
  • Range: 3.6
  • Damage: 20 (240 total)
  • Projectile Speed: 10(tiles/second)
  • Effect: Paralyzed for 1.5 seconds
  • Stat Bonus: +14 DEF
  • Special properties: Shots pass through enemies
  • Fame Bonus: 4%
  • Feed Power: 900

####Drops From:

• Shatters Switch
  • Titanum

####More info
The Ancient Shield of Stone is modeled after the Stone Knight in Shatters and would be a rare cyan drop, maybe 1/200 for switches and 1/100 for Titanums. I was going to make it drop from Stone Knights, but they are spawned by Titanums and could be farmed. Also, I don’t want it to be a white bag because I feel like those are reserved for the three Shatters rings.

This shield would be primarily for rushing in Abysses, Wine Cellars, Sewers, or Ocean Trenches, but could also be used during Septavius’ circular shotgun faze to avoid the shotgun or in events with lots of minions like Cube Gods.

##I am completely open to suggestions and just send a sprite if you think you have a better one than mine!

#Pfiffel XML Import

Equipment

lofiObj3
0x51A

A shield well worn, though still reminiscent of a dark grandeur from times past.
weapon/blunt_dagger

Mask Powerwave

0x330033

IncrementStat

Ancient Shield of Stone

Ancient Stone Shield

No. -5 att means you can’t 1 shot a lot of things.[quote=“WinkofTime, post:1, topic:8829”]
Wine Cellars,
[/quote]

For rushing? Use snake skin or cring. For the actual boss fight? Hell no.[quote=“WinkofTime, post:1, topic:8829”]
Sewers,
[/quote]

Almost no difficulty to rush on knight anyway.[quote=“WinkofTime, post:1, topic:8829”]
Ocean Trenches,
[/quote]

There’s 1 phase where she’s stun immune, so I’d use this there.

It’s kind of a worse quiver with nice stat bonuses. The 0.7 seconds paralyze is far too short and not rewarding enough for a 3.6 shield range. The shots pierce, but again, the range makes it useless because you can hardly hit more than 2 enemies lined up.

The feed is nice though, plus it drops from Shatters switches.

You don’t need to one shot things if you are paralyzing them and leaving them behind.[quote=“XSpinATKx, post:2, topic:8829”]
Wine Cellars,

For rushing? Use snake skin or cring. For the actual boss fight? Hell no.
[/quote]

I know, but if you need to paralyze enemies along the way it will help. I never said to use it for the boss. I said it would be useful for rushing.

Once again I said it would be good for rushing OTs, not doing Thessal herself.

I shall increase paralyze duration and speed bonus though, thanks!

Balance: The is way Paralyze to short for it to be useful. I think you could raise the mana cost a bit (Maybe 70 or 65) and raise the paralyze to 1.5 or 2 seconds. Also i think the attack debuff is a bit unnecessar, same with the speed buff. I say just keep the 14 defense and thats all.
6/10
Functionality: As you said this would be very good for getting rid of enemies while rushing, as long as the paralyze gets buffed.
8/10
Originality: Never seen an idea like this before. Its very creative and interesting.
9/10
Sprite: Doesnt really give off a Shatters vibe. Looks more like something id find in a belladonna’s, mostly cause of the pink.
5/10
Overall: 7/10

I actually took the pink and purple directly from the Shatters water/void/stuff around the bridge and floor.
Thanks for advice on the buffs and debuffs though, they shall be softened!

This is a nice fun item, especially for those without an electric pet. Although if you do have one, it’s quite useless. Perhaps consider a 20dmg/shot for the shield. That way the max damage to be dealt is 240, which is far less than any other shield.

Aesthetically, I kind of like the sprite. Statistically, on the other hand, I don’t really like it. It has way too many shots, too low of an MP cost, and, most importantly, Paralyzes. Paralysis doesn’t seem very great for the Knight. In fact, it takes the one strength of the Archer, a balanced class, and gives it to the overpowered god that is the Knight.

I’d rate it 3/10.

It was supposed to be for rushing. The MP cost is low because its has low damage. The shots come out similar to that of the EP and is meant to be spammed to avoid be ganged up on in a rush. I don’t think it takes anything away from the archer because the shield only has a range of 3.6 while the archer’s quiver is a ranged ability that can travel very far and is meant to snipe. Thanks for liking the sprite though!

This idea seemed balanced to me… until I saw that it needed no aiming at all. Please, make it at least a halfcircle, if not less.

Another ass?

I didn’t notice that xD

It would probably be called the ass shield, stone shield or even shatters shield.

The idea isn’t horrible and it seems pretty balanced, but with a good enough pet, you could spam it and chain paralyze basically everything with the pierce. I would lose the pierce and up the MP Cost to 95.

You can already chain paralyze with an archer, so I don’t think chain paralyzing with a knight would be too much of a problem :slight_smile:

Here’s my take on it

Well people who have divine pets that can perma paralyze with this shield probably have electric pets as well, so this shield would be useless to them because their pet basically does the same thing as the shield (and electric pets still do way more damaging, so this isn’t nerfing electric pets).

It looks like a rock, but I think that was what you were going for. :slight_smile:

Also it has a weird box coming out of the lower left corner.

#^^^^^

TYVM my dude.

I know it’s meant for rushing, but I still have an issue with this. The Knight is already pretty OP when it comes to rushing. Giving it an even better option might not be a great idea.

Ok, I just thought it would be cool to make as a hypothetical, maybe no actual in-game material.

Yeah, there’s nothing wrong with it being somewhat OP. Keep in mind that it’s just my opinion, not a Deca developer’s. If they really like your idea, they’ll be able to balance it.