Anime Discussion Thread

I don’t know if I’m getting older or if it’s the therapy working, but I’m finding it harder and harder to get invested in animes.

A lot of the shit I used to watch now seems unbearably stupid and/or edgy, and even when it’s decent I still have trouble staying interested.

For example I dropped Avatar: The Last Airbender after half a dozen episodes. It’s not that it was bad, just that I felt… bored.

Recently tried watching Youjo Senki and I don’t know if I’ll get around to finishing it. I like a lot of things in that show: the whole parallel universe thing means it has all of the good things about a time travel story without actually being a time travel story (thus avoiding the fuckton of plot holes those stories typically have, see for example Bioshock Infinite); the interplay between the main character and everyone he has a conversation with (namely the fact that he’s constantly trying to get a comfy job away from the frontline and always fails due to misunderstandings) is also really good.

But at the end of the day, it all seems like a really stupid excuse to have a nazi loli make overly exaggerated crazy faces and be a stereotypical anime psycho.

Ironically, the first Valkyria Chronicles game is probably still the best Japanese anime about World War-time Europe (at least that I know of).

I agree. I can’t find anything worthwhile to watch that doesn’t make me cringe.

yeah your getting old i guess, but their are lots of times where good anime i just cant finish. Literally 1/3~ of my anime started are on hold, all great, but just cant watch through it sometimes.

RIP age.

I tried watching twin star exorcists but I died from cringe like 10 episodes in
Still planning to finish it tho lol

Kuroko no Basuke is one of the best sports animes I’ve ever watched :stuck_out_tongue:

@BobTickle
watch haikyuu and blue exorcist (second season is better than first)

kinda late on replying, but heres another bump and stuff i watched

• dragon maid (AND NOT ASHAMED OF IT EITHER)
  • KONOSUBA
  • gonna be the twin-tail!
  • nanbaka
  • sweetness and lightning
  • masamune kun’s revenge
  • fuuka

what i’m watching rn:

• shirobako
  • durarara
  • the devil is a part timer
  • black bullet

what i’m planning to watch:

• is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon?
  • psycho pass
  • amagi brilliant park
  • a certain scientific railgun
  • cheating craft
  • voices of a distant star
  • KOE NO KATACHI - WAITING FOR THE MOVIE. WAITING FOR IT.

No need to ba ashamed of watching dragon maid, it was glorious.
Just make sure you don’t lewd the dragon loli.

Don’t worry about it

Watching about 8 shows this season

I’ll have to catch up on airing anime later, quite a few I plan to watch.

Since I last posted (3 monthish ago…) I watched:

Serial Experiments Lain: 13 episodes
God Only Knows (all seasons): 39 episodes
Barakamon: 12 episodes
Eureka 7: 50 episodes
Ghost Stories: 20 episodes
Demi-chan wa Kataritai (Interviews With Monster Girls): 12 episodes
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri: 12 episodes
Masamune-kun no Revenge (Masamune-kun’s Revenge): 12 episodes
Trinity Seven (movie)
Kemono no Souja Erin: 50 episodes
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Season 2: 10 episodes
Sousei no Onmyouji (Twin Star Exorcists): 50 episodes
Working!! (both seasons): 26 episodes
ReLife: 13 episodes
Law of Ueki: 51 episodes
Chaos Child: 12 episodes
Gintama (2017): 12 episodes

Currently watching:
Ace of Diamonds: 30/100+ eps
Hayate no Gotoku: 60/100+ eps

total episodes: 484 + 1 movie

I liked all the shows you’re currently watching. The Devil is a Part Timer was actually the first anime I ever watched. I was bored one night 3 years ago and on a site that had anime on it, thought it was a pretty weird name so I gave it a try…haha

oh, i cant remmeber what i was watching since i last posted, but lately ive finished Slamdunk (anime, then coontinued to the end with the manga), on the new season of Yowamushi pedal, started from ep 1 like a week ago. I got 100 eps of Eyeshield 21… couldnt finish it though. Also caught up to boku no hero, that magic teacher one, fallen behind on Witch academia and attack on titan.

So lots of sports anime…

Barakamon is one of my favorites!

ReLIFE was one of the first anime I watched in summer after I quit watching for a while. I honestly really liked it.

this thread keeps dying out xd.

watching 2 new ones that i just found on mal:

gabriel dropout
himouto! umaru-chan

Watched Gabriel Dropout not too long ago (apparently forgot to add it to my list up there^), the comedy was a bit repetitive but it was still really enjoyable. I really liked it

• Pokemon is an Anime
  • Pokemon is only anime in Japanese
  • Pokemon Sun and Moon is anime
  • Pokemon ain’t anime Candy >: O
  • Other

0 voters

English dubbed Pokemon is so cancerous all the people sound like they’re on drugs

Pokemon is an anime. it was supposed to be an anime. was just dubbed and americanized

yeah. enjoyed the first episode, hows himouto umaru chan? almost done with it, i like it cuz its slice of life and cute

Okay yeah

It sounded ok when I was like 7, but the English dub is awful.

So… It’s only anime in japan?

@Doc

I expect a 400 word long paragraph explaining your vote c: