Anime Discussion Thread

thoughts on the live-action Ghost in the Shell? (no spoilers, plz)

Should Neon Genesis: Evangelion get the same Hollywood treatment, or should let its legacy be left alone? Are there any anime/manga you’d like to see retouched for that matter? Cowboy Bebop might stand a chance if it were to get the same precise attention GitS did.

… sup @Shu, i mean stranger

lol hey Kiddi, you’ve found me!

I haven’t been an active player in RotMG in over a year but I’ve been hanging around the weeb thread for quite some time now

missed you, bud

hope all is well with you

I’m the type of person that looks at live-action anime at disgust.

Sure, it promotes the franchise so that more people know about it, but I just can’t deal with literally any of these live action movies.

If realm were an anime… I see it as a comedy fantasy… Kinda like adventure time but way better

Alright no. That is unspeakable…ew
They just don’t mix

uh, nty… we’re talking evangelion tier anime and you just brought it down about 10 notches

here’s a treat for you guys:

verdegrand’s piano cover of a couple anime hits

if you like his stuff, Zohar is the original composer of some of these beautifully rearranged songs

Actually though, I need to start picking out shows for summer 2017!

Current List:
Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season (2nd half)
Gamers! (Looks similar to “And you thought there is never a girl online?”)
Hajimete no Gal (Comedy)
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni (The memes tho)
Koi to Uso (Drama, School)
Irregular at Magic High School (Movie, not 2nd season xd)
No Game No Life: Zero (Movie)

Not a big list this season, A little bit disappointed, but I guess i can always find new anime i havent seen yet.

i dont bother reading, the syns dont say much, i care more about teh quality than the topic

…hmm… so uh… Touhou? (I know Touhou ofc isn’t an anime, still tho) but with broken pets as assistance.

good choice!

btw i finished so far:

• sakurasou no pet na kanojo (good)
  • eromanga sensei (meh kinda okay comedy and good art. also HITORIGOTO)
  • hyouka (mentioned in previous reply, good)
  • koe no katachi (pretty deep)

eh i forget what i watch these days

please keep this thread going bump

i finished gabriel dropout, started/caught up to new game. Almost finished Golgo 13.

For the new season, it seems pretty good, ive watched the intense as fck gambling one, the 16 year old love one, and the fantasy nice art one.

the most potential is the fantasy nice art one.

Don’t really feel like watching the fate.

O_O

gabriel dropout was kinda weird. i liked it though! kind of a weird slice of life + supernatural anime

I also liked Gabriel Dropout, it was by no means a good show… it had a generic plot and cast but I found it to be pretty humorous and entertaining.

Ah yeah I was pretty happy when I heard Kakegurui was getting an anime, been following the manga for a while now, it’ll only get crazier from now on…

Also could you be a little more specific on the " the 16 year old love one, and the fantasy nice art one" lmao

yeah recently ive been watching a ton of slice of life, it was an ok one.

this season seems to be 50% love + fate,gambling, fedual era and a fantasy.

Koi to Uso

Mahoutsukai no Yome

Thanks!

And oh shit, I’ve been waiting for Mahoutsukai no Yome for a while now too. The OVA for it which is like a prequel has been airing for months (only 3 episodes though), I watched the first few eps and loved it. Another series to add to my growing list of anime to watch this season.