Anime Discussion Thread

So I found this Gem browsing through the top rated anime in MAL, don’t know why but it really piqued my interest

I haven’t gotten too far into it yet, but it’s so damn good

Through the spirit of a thousand year old Go master, a middle schooler who doesn’t even know the basics of the board game incomprehensively starts beating skilled players with ease. He slowly starts to enjoy the game and learn it himself…

If you enjoy sports anime (if you can call this that) or intellectual games like chess/shogi (Go is similiar to shogi) ect. You’ll love this.

Also you don’t need to know anything about the game going into this, as you’ll learn the rules of the game along with the main character as you watch.Preformatted text

oh my, just got back from a “vacation” so couldnt watch the weekly anime and im behind. Also visited another anime person who gave me some good recommendations. So much things to watch :sweat:

how far into it are you?

12/75

So I guess it’s a bit early for me to say the entire show is good.

And I’m behind on this season now too, or rather I always wait until a month into it to start. By then it’s a lot easier to figure out what I want to watch.

ahh, usually with longer anime it starts off good but i lose steam after a while

currently behind on

One piece
Yu yu hakusho (34 eps)
d.gray man (100eps)
gintama (87 of season 1)
inyusha (second part)
dropped fairy tail 2014

Well I finished Hikaru no Go, binged watched the whole thing in a few days. It exceeded my expectations, very solid show.

Hikaru no go was absolutely amazing! Well i say that for a lot of shows right after finishing and think afterwards it wasnt that amazing.

Well easily an 8 or 9/10.

Loved everything especially all the characters and their interactions. The episodes 60-70 were pretty boring for me (dont like sad things) also skipped two eps. might go back and watch it.

probably good enough for my top 10

how do u skip episodes so easily!? it almost hurts to skip an episode, purposely or not

[quote=“Wizybrain, post:408, topic:535”]
so easily!
[/quote]you make me sound like those people who skip episodes all the time. i personally hate seeing that, i have rarely ever done that.

One of the episodes was a very bad and random filler and the other was a backstory that i plan to get back on, it was just too slow and in the sad part so i usually dont drop it there. (even if the whole series is good, and yes i put things on-hold a lot. they had no flow with the story really.

although recently ive watched an american tv show season 5 starting at episode 9, relaizing it not being episode 1 until 30minutes in

it kinda sounded like u were saying it kinda chill, like “also skipped 2 eps”

yea i understand skipping filler eps, but i just watch it regardless :confused:. like if ur watching this fighting anime and then MC goes on vacation? ? like i wanna see some fighting bois

[quote=“Wizybrain, post:410, topic:535”]
yea i understand skipping filler eps, but i just watch it regardless :confused:. like if ur watching this fighting anime and then MC goes on vacation? ? like i wanna see some fighting bois
[/quote]???

[quote=“Wizybrain, post:410, topic:535”]
t kinda chill, like “also skipped 2 eps”
[/quote]well i added it last minute.

i mean, if you were to make a filler episode completely irrelevant to the anime’s progression, i wouldn’t really blame u to skip it. didnt really know it was a filler ep, thought it was just a normal sad ep lol

yeah it was

if you’ve seen it before.

the 2nd i will get to. the two things dont really have any spoilers.

aaaaa spoilers!

“side story” lol

I liked Hikaru no Go, kinda sad how he loses to the Korean shemale in the end, but I digress.

Recently finished 91 Days, No Game no Life and one I’ve wanted to watch for a while: Code Geass.

woah…

spoilers much, i havent read the manga so im not that far… :anger: :angry:

fck gotta erase from my memory

Yo there’s a fucking hide details button for a reason

This

This

I was gonna watch it becaus scorch said it was pretty good. Rip dreams

oh well, that part happens beyond the anime, so even if you got to the part you would probably forget what he said.

Who knows, maybe they’ll introduce another season

Glad you liked it, people rarely listen to recommendations of mine lol
And yeah…I was actually tempted to skip those few episodes myself

Recently watched a few popular series I kept putting off for years:

This was one of the best psychological/thriller anime I’ve ever watched. It’s not what I had in mind when I thought of a ‘gambling anime’, the gambling in it could be better described as torture. And the second season had the most intense anime battle/fight I’ve ever seen, and it was between a man and a pachinko machine… (it’s like a pinball gambling machine).

The other I’m currently halfway through, is

I’ve heard of the hype surrounding it for years, and so far…it’s living up to it. It’s story is simply brilliant (it puts the story of almost every other anime I’ve ever watched to shame), no complaints in any of the other departments. I could probably say a lot more about it once I finish it, but its damn good.

yeah it seems like it, i watched the first few, and it was intense, too intense for me, i personally enjoy something a little more light-hearted

[quote=“Shu, post:420, topic:535”]
It’s story is simply brilliant
[/quote]the beginning was so boring so i dropped it. might resume :thinking: