Anime Discussion Thread

When I say that, I mean it has very exceptional writing. It started off pretty slow, but when you get into it the story is thrilling and suspenseful and the characters are all interesting.

It might not be the type of show you enjoy though I guess, especially if you like light hearted shows because it gets dark. It’s also more of an ‘mature’, show, unlike most anime that’s pretty childish, so I guess you could find it boring because of that.

But still I think you should give it a shot, I’m only on episode 45/74 and while the pacing is slow (which isn’t really a bad thing, there was a necessary build up) but so far the plot just keeps getting more interesting. I say make it to episode …14 and decide if you want to keep watching

Hmm didn’t realize the anime hadn’t caught up with the manga, oops.

Anyway, currently watching a romcom(Tsurudere Children) because I’m a lonely bastard.

either way thats way too far in the story

[quote=“Shu, post:422, topic:535”]
It started off pretty slow,
[/quote]ok im my memory it started off slow so i dropped it, but i started watching it, and it was not slow what so ever. It was so intense. Loving it, good amounts of questions raised on ethics, with cool concepts, interesting characters. I dont really like dark anime, but some of my favourites are actually dark, i just dont like super dark and depressing. Although im on episode 6, im watching with my parents since it seems like something they would also watch.

I probably thought it was boring since i watched lots of action oriented anime around that time too :thinking:
but yeah its pretty

also for some reason you dont see too many horror and mystery animes for some reason. Psychological, drama and thriller are some of my favourite genres, also moving into more of a seinen genre since im aging.

i totally forgot about monster for like several years since it often try to push things that i put on-hold, but most things that i resume turn out to be masterpieces. Guess my taste just sucked back then? i should watch all those classics that i havent yet.

Didn’t know, sorry. I finished the manga in like, 7th Grade lol

I’m actually confused, @SahdIdk didn’t spoil anything beyond the anime by saying that right? I mean what he said happened in the show at the end…so um yeah

• mirai nikki
  • noragami aragoto

Oh yes

What arc?

yeah it happened at the end. at a point where you havent watched yet.

im not too butt hurt about it since i havent read the manga yet and will probably read it when i forget about what he said.

I’m almost sure the anime is caught up to the manga though, like you aren’t going to get anymore story out of the manga

Or do you mean you haven’t finished the anime yet, and want to drop it to read the manga? Thought you said up above you did finish it. I’m still confused xd

point where anime ended

well i want to be as caught up as possible, well maybe not since i heard it never finished.

i finished the anime, but its still a spoiler, not just to me, but to others.

monster is progressing well, it slowed down after episode 5/6, feels like the calm before the storm

bump.

just wondering but how is code breaker and devil survivor 2? (pls no spoilers)

I haven’t heard of either, they both seem to be popular but rated pretty low on MAL.

Tell me if you enjoy them, if you still plan to watch them

gotcha. my friend said that its good, even though it is low rated.

ehh i watched both of them in my early anime years,

code breaker earned the first rating of under 5. Its generic and quite lackluster. Although it didnt have a terrible flaw in it.

Devil survivor 2 was a game adaption, which rarely turns out well, this included. The game also seems quite bad, i remember it just being an anime that randomly throws more things together. Although my memory is quite bad. I dropped it after a while.

For me, Mal usually never fails me, although i dislike Gintama and Your name, they werent terrible, otehr than those, most of my ratings follows Mal’s.

Out of all the MegaTen and MegaTen spinoff games, it’s probably the least memorable.

Speaking of which, have you tried any of the movies and series based on Persona 3 and 4?

Do u have a MAL account I can see

His MAL https://myanimelist.net/profile/Dustyacer

My MAL https://myanimelist.net/profile/_Theo

@Pusat 's MAL https://myanimelist.net/profile/Elit3Blaze

@Castawayz 's MAL https://myanimelist.net/profile/RoninXV

I think that’s everyones that were posted in this thread

Together we’ve watched 25321 episodes of anime…that’s 420 days or just over 10000 hours worth of anime. Jesus Christ.

Do you have one?

But how many hours of that from my list was actually from hentai that I also add to my list :laughing:

Thank you and what the fuck…? That much!? I didn’t watch as much but it’s https://myanimelist.net/profile/nnjencidn