Anime Discussion Thread

How am i going to get my giveaway prize? XD

Didnā€™t see both of those. Thriller anime are always fun to watch, but I like Slice of life best

the totally unknown genre to meā€¦ well i sometimes watch it.

(cough the best cough)

I have a feeling there are no other monogatari fans in here as I havenā€™t seen anyone else talk about it

But I just finished watching the newest addition to the series, owarimonogatari 2nd season which is currently taking MALs #1 spot.
Edit: Score went down by 0.02 causing it to drop to #3, could go up or down even more in time

If you know anything about the monogatari release order, well, youā€™ll know itā€™s all over the place. With this season though (and the release of the movie trilogy) it finally ties it all together. After 8 years we finally reach the conclusion to main story line, and it was done in a brilliant way.

Iā€™d like to hear your thoughts on monster so we can discuss it.

I think pretty highly of it, while my personal enjoyment of the show could make me a bit biased (that being 10/10, I got so into it and pretty emotional around the end) I still think the overall quality of the writing (plot, dialogue, characters ect.) is top notch

bump. started on monthy shoujo nozaki kun and
sakamoto desu ga?

uhh ill respond to shu when im on destop, i wrote my thoughts there

rewatched/read kingdom back to its current spot. Tried watching some of the current seasons, mainly the low rated ones but i just died.

thinking about serial experiment lain when i have time

this manga is very nice, it has several flaws, but just read chapter 1 to find the feel of it.

edit:
Yakusoku no Neverland is also insane! Its a phylogical battle like death note, but much more deep with mind battles, betrayals, backstabbing and deception. All in an interesting fantasy world.

These two probably just shot to the top of my favourite mangas

i find manga boring rip. anime for life u know xd

Thanks, Iā€™ll check them out. I want to start reading more manga, the only ones Iā€™ve read are Punpun, Kakegurui and one called Real Account. No idea how popular they are because I donā€™t know much about manga but I found them pretty interesting.

If you have any other manga/light novel suggestions Iā€™d be glad to hear em

i think that was a very interesting day, reading two amazing manga, probably # 1 and 2 for me rn. and they are completely opposite, the neverland is like kanji/death note, so many twists and betryals and adeception. The other is the opposite, its like a more story based of mushishi

[quote=ā€œWizybrain, post:491, topic:535, full:trueā€]
i find manga boring rip. anime for life u know xd
[/quote]yeah but im running short on things to watch.

i heard classroom of the elite is good (ongoing summer anime, although i didnt see it yet)

oh yes its pretty decent, took assassination classrom and did a diffferent spin with it, im only on like ep 4 or something

i dont think im actually caught up to any airing anime except for boruto.

Oh yes.

Some anime I finished:

• Mayoiga

5/10. The beginning seemed like a legitimate murder mystery and everything seemed really mysterious. Towards the second half, it became a train wreck. Suddenly it became about coming to terms with your fears, somebody outside knows this much about all of it. The main puppeteer is really only evil for like an episode and then joins the good side. It just seemed like a hippy dippy psychology book

• Everyday Life with Monster Girls

I have no shame.

Apparently a lot of people like Kakegurui and Classroom of the elite this fallā€¦

Both started out promising, but both are starting to lose my interest as of the more recent episodes, especially Kakegurui. IMO the exaggerated faces are just unnecessary and disgusting.

Havenā€™t watched or read it yet, but it looks like someone tried to make Rule 63 Death Note and ended up failing and making Rule 63 Samurai Deeper Kyo instead.

(still a better Death Note than the Netflix one)

Reminds me of the time I tried reading Gamble Fish and dropped it out of boredom.

Kinda looks like Akuma no Riddle without the (extremely subtle) lesbian undertones. And overtones. And everywheretones.

Didnā€™t see either one xd

I mean hey, itā€™s slice of life :wink:

Does anybody know a good slice-of-life with little to no story to follow along with? I just want something to watch occasionally without a cliffhanger that makes me want to watch the next episode right away.

I would say if you enjoy the show there will be always be a cliffhanger for you