Anime Discussion Thread

Haven’t even started this season yet. I’ll probably just binge watch it all at the end of it. I’m way too focused on VNs atm to watch now.

Looks like I was right about the Dies Irae anime adaptation though. (Which happens to be the VN I’m reading atm). It has as a 5/10 rating on MAL, craming a 50-100 hours of source material into a short anime series has never gone well.

Current thoughts on this season to anyone watching shows from it?

Nothing is good enough that it’s making me look forward to the day it comes out. I’ve been putting off watching till the weekends.

If you’re going to try Black Clover, stick with the dub. The voice direction for the Japanese voice actor is horrifying. Whoever is doing the dub appears to have listened to the feedback and toned down the madness a few dozen notches.

considering the ratings of Black Clover on MAL, i dont think i or many others will be watching it.

6.67 now; may go up, but i dont think it will. just my personal opinion.

starting on Hunter x hunter

I honestly think the voice acting for the MC alone counts for at least a 1 point drop in that score. Story itself isn’t anything special – your basic shonen setup – but it’s not bad imho.

i remember watching the first episode and everyone in the comments of gogoanime commenting on him screaming. But honestly i dont notice these things, probably have filtered it too much from watching tons of shounen

also lots of people read the article of the creator trying to make it into the next fairy tail (but after reading the manga i wouldnt say its that close to fairy tail). And they voted lower because of it, or saw it a lower view

but after watching that vid, it seems like he does scream a lot

i commend him for his enthusiasm for his job, but doesn’t his throat hurt after doing that once or twice? if you say it’s not that bad, i might pick it up; most anime that i decide to watch is mostly based off of the MAL rating

It’s only a few episodes in. I’d say it could have potential but it’s too soon to know. It’s going to be a 50+ episode series so the pacing is a bit slow so far.

I recommend giving it time to get through a dozen episodes and see what people think of it then before jumping in now, if you’re reluctant.

oh is it? i remember the author trying to make it like that, but no one actually felt like it would achieve that.

@Wizybrain i read the manga and i generally enjoyed it, its nothing really spectacular, like 6-7/10. Its a decent shounen.

But for some reason the anime is even going slower than the manga, like the 2nd episode talks about his back story for like 20 minutes, but the manga has like 1/3 of a chapter on it. Going much more in depth, well i guess for that, it is probably gonna be a long one.

i havent seen a long one (like 100+) start from when i started watching anie (2012ish).

actually, i tend to wait until an anime is finished before i watch it because i hate waiting for the episodes to come out, especially when theres a cliffhanger!!

oof…

i like shounen so :+1:

I may have been mistaken. Looks like it’s only a rumor at this point. Not sure how believable this guy is.

is that bad? for a typical shounen thats pretty good, actually i think i rated all the shounens around a 6-8.

Looking at your list you havent watched one piece yet, watch it if u like shounen, in my opinion its the best one.

wha why is 2014 one higher rated?! i dropped it after like 33 ish episodes since it was so bad

but basically everything on your list is a 7 or 8.

https://myanimelist.net/shared.php?u1=nnjencidn&u2=Dustyacer

this is kinda interesting,

i mean, 6 definitely isnt “good”, so i dont think so.

so many eps :open_mouth:

i guess it was more interesting to me

for most anime, i just watch and rate based on how much i liked it personally but i guess were jusut different
also i relook at my ratings and rerate them aftyer some time bc i always feel that an animes good after i end it

usually i have his excel page where i insert everything and it gives me a number, and thats usually what i put on my mal, but being lazy now, i just put whatever, so things like boruto i gave like a 3, but if i did it the list way it might be a 4-5.

I mean 6 isnt good, but its ok. Especially since its a standard shounen

[quote=“Wizybrain, post:614, topic:535”]
so many eps :open_mouth:
[/quote]thats why u should watch it, you dont need to continue to search, the beginning like 500 episodes are the best in my opinion (and most others). Although i personally like 0-100ish the most, most likely 300-500 a lot.

But i highly recommend it.

ok. after i finish hunter xhunter i guess

oh actually nvm, the best is either one piece or hunter x hunter.

Although hunter had a different feel than most other shounen, and its weird, whenever i ask people their favorite arcs, usually its literally the opposite from mine. IMO chimera ant arc was bad. Greed island, heavens arena were the best. First arc after that, then the arc about that blondy revenge dude after that. Although this is based on enjoyement with not much regard to actual perfect story and such.

I agree with that as well. I still crack up from seeing hisoka getting off when he gets punched by Gon.:joy:

Looking forward to it :+1:

I know I just used a MAL rating as an example for why a show wasn’t good but I just think of the MAL rankings is basically ‘it’s almost entirely a subjective list’ as the majority of the members (including myself) seem to be too biased with their personal enjoyment and aren’t even trying to be actual critics. So regardless of it’s rating so I’ll definitely keep an eye on it, also had someone else recommend it to me before too.

I don’t usually watch long shounen (stay away from the never ending series…Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail ect.) but I have watched Hunter X Hunter (2011) and honestly agree.

I did like the ant arc, but felt it dragged on for far too long. But after it the show kind of went downhill to me, the ending just seemed all over the place. I know it was just following the manga the best it could and that the manga probably won’t ever be finished but it was disappointing.

that may be, but i think mal anime watchers generally are pretty darn critics, i look at my friends list and all and not many like SAO a 3/4 most still give like a 6.

Its like u explain why sao is shit, i generally start with saying that the more anime u watch, the shitter it becomes. and most people are like that, they start to recognize flaws and errors like 2nd nature.

i started anime with watching the never ending series, since they were the only ones i knew off the top of my head. And i didnt really care if they were that great since back then i had honestly nothing to watch, i had this simpsons dvd set that i watched like 10 times because i was bored.

I watched naruto, inuyasha, 100eps of bleach, fairy tail, and one piece. I added all of these and a few other series (ok, maybe more than a few) and put them on mal, and i think i got to 60days of anime watched. At least 60 was the earliest number that i could remember.
(Now i cant finish long ones, still havent finished yuyu hakusho, d-gray man, bleach, havent even started and probably wont start d-ball, detectice connan.

One piece took me like 2.5months, 2 months of summer in china where i had nothing else to do.
I think i watched death note like right after one piece, i got the achievement of finishing death note in one day.