Anime Discussion Thread

I’m not bashing it for fan service. Considering the kind of anime I like (including Kill La Kill, Shimoneta, Bakemonogatari, …) that would be incredibly hypocritical of me.

What I don’t like is being bombarded with visions of underage characters naked or in their underwear.

And the “siblings but not related by blood who have feelings for each other” shit is such an overused trope at this point.

Lots of other watchers sure do though :roll_eyes:

Once is fine, but the wannabe Christians see anything lewd and they’re done. That’s the problem, just because there’s one fanservice scene, there’s lots of people that are gonna hate it. It gets annoying when every other shot is fanservice, but if it doesn’t interfere with what the show is trying to tell me, it’s fine. For example, danshi koukousei no nichijou’s underwear scene has the boys dressed up in girl underwear, but it was for comedy purposes.

Can’t relate because eromanga was the first anime I saw this trope in

The Love Hina manga, Fate/Stay-Night and its spin-offs, Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Sword Art Online, … I think even older stuff like Revolutionary Girl Utena might have had character relationships like this.

Been a while since I watched Nisemonogatari, might also be the case for Araragi and his sisters, sort of.

Trust me, this is not the first time it’s ever been done.

They don’t have to be Christian prudes to feel uncomfortable watching children characters in sexual situations.

And even if they didn’t find it disturbing, there’d still be the argument that this is just fap-fodder for lolicons and that the anime has no reason to exist otherwise.

Eromanga is just this one guy meeting 14-year-old girls and seeing them naked. It’s not particularly well-made or funny.

There are dozens of slice-of-life comedy animes out there. I don’t see why anyone would genuinely bother defending this one (aside from pedos ofc).

ive seen nise only, but i dont think araragi has a thing for his sisters. aside from the toothbrush scene…
never saw any of those others

eromanga is just cute. there are obviously some stuff i, too, dislike about the show, like elf and the purple haired girl, but i see it as meme-like and an anime that you dont have to care about. unlike shows that are more story based, like steins;gate or romance, like toradora, or plain dark, like madoka magica, eromanga is something u can just relax and watch.

im not gonna argue the fap material part, because its clear that its aimed for that purpose, but cant u say something like:
k-on is just girls drinking tea in high school
yuru yuri is just girls fucking around in a club room
no game no life is just naked steph and a cute little sister that her brother (NOT related by blood) likes

eromanga positions itself in a different scenario as ngnl does, but it’s essentially the same thing, no?
it’s just a light-hearted anime

also i like the character style and animation

sigh

The existence of eromanga and other of its type are the primary reason why I do a preliminary early-warning sweep of any anime I’m watching.

It’s fine if you like eechi-type animes, but personally, I’m disgusted by their existence and I don’t think that they are proper viewing material.

Adding more about eromanga, my preliminary sweep revealed several things wrong with the anime (I’ll list the most civil here: Incest).

I didn’t watch the anime itself but I got a pretty horrific impression from the “everything wrong with x” version of it.

1. I’m fine with a beach episode if it has a purpose.
  2. Again, purpose. I might not watch if I find it objectionable.
  3. Again, purpose. same as point 2.
  4. Context matters- if it’s a Sugou/Kirito or eromanga type relationship then I’m out. If it’s more reasonable then I’m fine.

THIS is what needs to happen; I personally would strike out underage but hey

One or two I can ignore. I can’t ignore it when it’s shoved into my face.

@Literature: With respect to this quote; I do want to ask: How would you feel if you were watching eromanga (or any in its class) play out irl and you were an observer?
Also, @RMGnoob call me sensitive or whatever but I cut out SAO A2(ALO) for that exact reason- I heard the plot was dumb and the incest and whatnot was just a tacked on negative

If I could rewrite some of these things; I honestly would. But I can’t; so EW+Avoidance is my tool.

One good example of fan-service I believe is BnHA- its fanservice is limited and (other than Mineta, screw him) the characters are focused on the plot.

i’d rather watch non - ecchi anime, but i’m fine with watching them. it’s not like it’s the end of the world if i watch it.

but this doesnt happen irl lol

im talking about the pure art

imo it looks clean

Sagiri died at lv69, killed by some loli [B]entai

<,GayrumierA> Ravioli Ravioli don’t mess with the psycho loli
<.GayrumierA> Ravioli Ravioli don’t mess with the psycho loli

oh wait this is a different anime

There is a reason why this kind of stuff is made in Japan, they’re known for being more perverted than usual.

I’m not artistic, but that looks ok
like I said- if I could supplant the art style and rewrite the story to be less perverted, I would.

the problem here is that unlike sao s2 or the like where incest was there as fanservice, eromanga literally uses it as a fucking plot point. it’s literally an incest anime in every sense of the word.

Take a good watch at this-I don't agree with all of this but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z58thY3Lf1E

Why the flying f*ck is incest being used as fanservice? Like why?

Can I fucking PLEASE throw up, turn into antimatter and detonate myself? Thanks

Also, when I wrote that I would rewrite MKDM/Eromanga/other stuff I meant a complete plot revision
(complete overhaul, scripts are reset)

guys i finished eromanga sensei and i was correct it was a loli harem also incest and did i mention LOLI HAREm other than that it was ok i guess the whole plot is literally everyone trying to fuck masamune but masamune likes his sister but like not in an incestual way or does he wait ok nevermind this anime had no plot.

i literally sat through 5 hours of illegal incest cartoons and did not understand the plot also has anyone seen how weird sagiris legs look

fuckin )( lookin ass

idk y u did this to urself

I don’t know where this is from so yeah

So recently I started out my third anime series, and they are looking great so far!

first episode and not even halfway in, how amazing :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

oh it’s watamote! enjoy it, kinda repetitive though, i personally didnt like

Agreed. Every episode was basically a setup to get maximum cringe out of the viewer. With no story whatsoever I dropped it about halfway through when I got bored.

wait, that was actually me too. every episode i just died of horrible cringe watching her not know how to respond. i could see some of the comedy aspects of the show, but it doesn’t stand out and it had the same trope over and over again for every episode. funny thing was that her problems could be solved soooo simply, like saying bye top your teacher

I haven’t logged onto the forums in a while might as well check it out - oh hey someone revived the anime thread…wait are they actually discussing Eromanga in seriousness? Abort!