Anime Discussion Thread

Thoughts on Crybaby @RMGnoob ?

Watched it a while ago, remember a lot of people being pretty upset at that ending but personally didn’t ruin the show for me

Wisecrack made a pretty interesting video on it:

welcome back

10/10

Don’t know why anyone would be angry at that ending, it fit the rest of the story pretty well.

I thought it was good.

@Doc Hey what do you think of MHA s3 so far? I like it

Devilman crybaby spoilers I guess:

I agree that the show was set up in a way that was fitting for a tragic ending. I’d imagine they were upset that the show didn’t go in the direction of the generic hero saves world ending they hoped it would

There are a lot of things about DM:CB that are a matter of taste, starting with the art style and OST (art style and animation style make a lot more sense after watching Kemonozume and realizing it was made by the same guy).

I’d need to rewatch it to find more things to criticize, honestly right now I can’t think of anything that really needs to change.

Speaking of things that really need to change, anyone gonna watch season 6 of RWBY?

Also, PSA for anyone who might be hyped for Goblin Slayer thinking it’s gonna be the next Berserk: I’ve read the manga so far and it’s shaping up to be a basic bitch heroic fantasy with edgy shit smeared all over it. Not really all that interesting but it could still turn around in the future.

I’m really happy there has been consistent high-quality work the entire series so far. I don’t know that I could compare this season as better or worse than the others, but everyone is getting a good amount of character development and the story keeps moving forward at a even pace. Few others can say the same after 60+ episodes.

Well, BnHA is sitting at number 1 for a reason…

EDIT: Crap I forgot to add Sound Euphonium to the list…

why are jojo, death note, and one piece “error: cannot divide by 0”…?
and why is sao ranked so much higher than eromanga? i find both to be pretty repulsive. i find it strange that you have konosuba there, the parody of newer shitty isekais, ranked 9% above the progenator of all newer shitty isekais.

i’d have to recommend naruto here, though. it’s not really good, but it’s shorter than one piece and at least one thing it’s got going for it are consistently good fight scenes.

i find it difficult to believe that anyone would compare it to berserk. goblin slayer lacks a lot of emotional depth, and the sense of shock relies too heavily on gore, rape, and death. it tries to make character deaths seem emotional and gruesome, but ends up losing all of the impact because said characters were only alive for about 5 pages.

I haven’t watched those

Eromanga is Disgusting. I was about to rate it -420/21 but I didn’t. If Eromanga didn’t have those bleeped out for civility scenes and was a proper story I would probably raise it to a 60 or 70. Also; garbage SAO refrences are garbage.

SAO is ranked higher solely due to its wierd af premise and its first episode. The only exception is SAO:MR because it was B+ material. It was still pretty bad- if I was grading normally expect most scores to shift by 5 or 10 (with the notable exceptions of BnHA and Erased)

It’s a list of all anime that I’ve watched, minus Sound Euphonium, which would most likely dethrone Konosuba as 3rd best…*

but I didn’t watch SE after E11 so… need to finish that

Konosuba has its rating because of its literal meme-yness as well as its characters

In another world with my smartphone cough

I heard from my friend that Naruto devolves into “who can release the biggest jutsu” pretty fast tho

ALSO: I’m surprised that you didn’t have a problem with the placement of Kobayashi, Hinamatsuri, Nichijou and [Error: Cannot Divide by 0]

i’ve never heard that criticism once.

a few of the common criticisms of naruto are that

• the mc’s basic personality never changes over the entire course of the series (although that could be considered a plot point)
  • the only two people that basically ever get developed are the mc and the primary antagonist, and one is your generic edgy friend-turned-enemy while the other is your generic happy-go-lucky mc.
  • it’s long - it’s definitely shorter than, uh, one piece, but it’s still relatively long and pretty repetitive.
  • characters with potential get forgotten plot- and development-wise

however, it has received mostly positive criticisms on the fight scenes. at the very least, the animation quality is higher than, say, fairy tail, and it uses less talk no jutsu than other shonens.

I think he rated konosuba for its comedy, which is what it’s known for

I just thought of something: ever tried watching Angel Beats?

Or if you like isekai shows, why not try Overlord?

Well you kinda answered yourself here: at least Konosuba is funny and doesn’t take itself too seriously. It’s like Gate on opposite day.

People who have only watched the trailer without reading the manga, basically.

I think that’s because Naruto’s plot works a lot like Persona 5: every character has their day in the limelight, but outside of that they generally take a backseat and let things follow their course.

It does have power creep but the techniques are varied enough that it doesn’t feel boring.

Just gonna warn you in advance if you’re planning on watching the anime: the last 80 or so episodes (if memory serves) of the original Naruto anime are just filler. You could skip straight to Shippuden and you wouldn’t miss anything important.

Goblin slayer is a story about a goblin slayer slaying goblins.
I read the LN and it’s interesting atleast to me.

this basically sums up konosuba lol. kobosuba is a light-hearted anime and evidently so. in both openings of the anime, the tone is generally upbeat and exciting. also, if it were a serious isekai show, it would have actual characters that would actually do shit. instead, we have a loli that can only attack every once in a blue moon, a goddess that is literally known as useless, someone who died of SHOCK, and a fucking masochist. doesn’t take long for you to realize that they’re not killing the demon lord anytime soon. but heck, it’s still god damn funny

i wonder, how were they even able to defeat that poison dude and the mask dude?

the power of friendship!

Except when he gets his own party of adventurers and the story turns into every session of DnD ever.

Does the LN go further than the manga?

that’s what i heard; the ln supposedly tones down the violence and focuses more on story, although i myself haven’t read it. i also heard the show is going to be based on the ln and not the manga.