Anime Discussion Thread

More spoilers

To be fair the manga has a time skip of several years and I don’t think they start dating before she’s at least in her late teens, but it’s still creepy as all hell.

I liek anime

since its so fcked up, im interested now. I like reading interesting things. although i kinda dont like how its for usagi drop, which for the anime was completely in the other direction

i mean sure its kinda weird, but logically the age isnt that bad, one of the people i play badminton with is a 30 year old guy but he’s been married/dating a 70 year old for like 5 years now at least. and no he isnt a gold digger, hes too patient for that and the women is too poor for that.

It’s all about context. There’s a difference between meeting someone younger than you but still adult later in your life and grooming a minor into being your bride.

Problem being, it’s not written as something fucked up. It’s supposed to be all happy and heartwarming.

You want a manga that’s supposed to be fucked up, try reading Ichi the Killer or MD Psycho.

hmm, still interesting, i probably wouldnt read this if this was like 2014 when i watched the anime (or whenever i did), but recent anime are so generic that weird awful things now appeal to me now.

probably will regret this, but… oh well, new experiences.

Well I’m there with you, probably will regret but I’ll do it anyway.

But really at this point I feel like I’m desensitized to fucked up shit in anime, it’s just the fact that the first half is so pure and is what I’d imagine is something of a realistic depiction of what being a parent is like that it won’t sit well with me at the end lmao

Hmm not the brightest idea but I binged Steins;gate and SG0 in a little over 3 days
i cant get hacking to the gate out of my head help

Just started watching Irodoku (The World in Colors) today, and

Spoilers for above

The mc got sent back 60 years ago, what is this erased lol

woah woah woah what the hell she can see colors now wtf is this xd

honestly sent back into time is pretty darn popular manga/light novel (especially chinese) theme. probably 2nd to reincarnation.

oh that was the song for steins right? i have that song in my playlist despite never getting past like ep 7 of steins gate.

Damn you like reincarnated as a slime that much?

no. i dislike it.

1- i dont like reincarnation
2- i meant the popularity is 2nd to reincarnation

reincarnation is not represented by the slime

my favorite reincarnation is probably reverend insanity, its a chinese novel.

as for anime…uhh there are no good ones (well overlord if you count that)

I haven’t watched the first Steins;Gate anime since…about 2013 when I was first getting into anime

But I know Itou Kanako’s songs far too well, I’ve been an active player of osu! for years (a rhythm game with a largely weeb player base). So even though I’m not exactly a fan of anime OPs/EDs…I’ve listened/played to at least a thousand over the years, many of which are from anime I’ve never even heard of lmao

She also seems to be the official singer for the Science Adventure series (the larger VN series Stiens;Gate is apart of) which I’m a big fan of, my favorite song of hers is probably Choas;Child’s OP Uncontrollable

That’s a shame ;_;

But I can kind of get it, like 5 years ago when I first watched Stiens;Gate I didn’t like it as much as I do now. After having read the VNs of it earlier this year my opinion of it flipped. And while the anime is obviously rushed after condensing 80-100 hours worth of content into ~16 I don’t think that’s where my dislike came from (however unlike most VNs adaptations, Stiens;Gate’s were done pretty well)

I remember not liking the characters back then, but now that I’m totally sick of the genericness most anime have I love how quirky they all are. Same goes with the story, I now appreciate how well it’s written. Along with what I’d consider a perfect ending …then it went further and somehow nails having a sequel to a story that already has a perfect ending to it.

Great show, can’t recommend enough.

not a bad song.

there have been several shows that i just cant finish but try to force myself since everyone likes it like: cowboy bebop, steins gate, probably a few more that i cant think of

ahh yes, i think thats one thing that is getting me to like the old stories more now.

me too lol. they’re really catchy and she has a unique voice.

Just got to season 4 episode 5 of Tokyo Ghoul…Holy fuck am gonna cry when it’s over

season 4? you mean the one where kaneki turns investigator or such?

Never liked it, even after reading like 30 chpts of the manga

:’)

Season 3 is when he turns investigator. I haven’t read the manga but I probably will because I really liked the show but a lot of details were missing. any particular reason you disliked the show?

i mean

season 1: pretty decent, not as good as other say but a solid 7-8/10
season 2: bad, just action 5/10.
season 3 +: like what the fck is happening? I just don’t get it anymore, it lost its appeal. Why is he an investigator, what about his past. They just like skipped a bunch of things. Every season its just basically a different show. Now i don’t really remember too much so i might be slightly wrong on some things.