Anime Discussion Thread

He’s Jordan Peterson.

Shit is this the CG Dragon scene from Fate: Stay/Night (Studio Deen, 2006)? This scene is infamous for it’s garbage-ness lol

I stayed tf away from the '06 FSN so I never knew how they handled it, but that dragon scene is hilarious LMAO

The fate series would’ve been better without the story giving a bs excuse for the main chars to fuck the heroines of each route but oh well.

Well excluding Heavens Feel, that route would’ve lost a lot impact without all the rape. Since it’s integral to the story the HF movie trilogy can’t dance around it like Blade Works. Instead of cutting it out completely they’ll probably just go with the “yeah that was just implied to have happened” approach. If only they’d man up and make it 18+, but like that’d ever happen lmaoo.

In theory, I think it can be done well. Having each route genuinely change what kind of person the MC is and giving each girl a distinct personality that goes well with one version of him.

I say in theory because Fate has shitty English translation and I can’t read Japanese, so I don’t know how well it pulls it off.

That’s just dumb. What’s the point of taking a story like this just to make it PG?

That’s about as retarded as, say, taking Gunnm and boiling it down to yet another retarded generic Hollywood movie, at a time when every Hollywood scriptwriter has forgotten how to actually write strong female protagonists.

Boy, that sure would suck.

Speaking of retarded shit, RWBY Volume 6 has begun airing. Might have to watch it on the RT website since I have not seen a date for the Youtube release yet.

Oh no not that they’d make it fully PG, I was just referring to the unnecessary censorship that’ll inevitably happen.

Edit: Now I’m wondering what qualifies as PG…

It would be pretty interesting to see a VN where a clear aspect of the characters personality changes in each route, it would actually make logical sense for the changes in his actions then.

I guess I can say I’ve read a lot of VNs by now, while not all VNs are gal games or even have branching routes, out of the ones I have read very few were like that.

Then again its common in those types of VNs to make the MCs as bland as possible with not much of a personality anyway for “self projecting” reasons. And ofc I also have to rely on translations which are rarely good.

Series I’m currently watching/recently finished and my comments on them:
Not including airing series*

One of those extremely popular anime (from my perspective) that I never gotten around to watching. Only half way through it atm so I can’t say much. I can see the similarities it has to Cowboy Bebop though, they have a similar episodic style and both mix different cultures and eras together.

Cowboy Bebop: Jazz/blues -> Wild west in a futuristic setting
Samurai Champloo: Hiphop -> Edo era

It’s an older anime so it gives off that 90s anime kind of vibe, which could turn people off. I didn’t like the episodic episodes that much (which was like half the series). But the second half had it all, drama, action and romance with a great ending to boot.

This anime has 12 eps but they’re 50 minutes each though, which is odd to see.

Katanagatari isn’t something I’d recommend to everyone, it has a unique artstyle which while I personally liked I could definitely see throw some people off. Having the source material made by the same guy who wrote the monogatari series it’s not surprising that this is a pretty dialogue heavy show and less action based.

An anime quite literally about…nothing. It just follows a group of whacky highschool girls and comparatively weird teachers in their daily lives. If you like slice of life or slapstick comedy you’ll probably love it, like me!

(American animated netflix “anime”, so it isn’t on MAL which is a database limited to Japanese animation)

The animation was :ok_hand: and it had some of the best fight scenes I’ve seen in anime. I quite liked it.

Also note: I watched it with a Japanese dub, according to a mate of mine the English dub was terrible.

Like Katanagatari, Tatami Galaxy has a unique art style and is very dialogue heavy (even more so actually). It’s a pretty…quirky show, that’s almost entirely episodic. The episodes are so seemingly disconnected that you could probably watch eps 2-9 in any random order you wanted and it wouldn’t even matter. But even if you’re not a fan of those types of anime if you do give it a try I urge you to watch until the end. At least for me the anime’s story turned from a 7-8/10 to a 10/10 in the last few episodes.

As of this moment I’ve only completed the first season.

A show that highlights on the struggles one might face while they realize their aspirations, partically in a competitive environment. You can expect it to be a mix mash of slice of life and drama. Also the art is very pretty, it’s a good show to look at. :thumbsup:

Just a wholesome anime about a boy just finding his own path in life. This is a really great slice of life series with light drama and a touch of romance. I also feel there’s hardly a wasted episode (filler), almost all of them have something to add to the story as a whole and slowly builds character development. A solid 8/10 show for me.

good choices, i personally like samurai champloo, katanagatary and gin no saji. All of them were like a 7-8/10

Hibike! Euphonium i never really noticed until now, kinda just filtered through my eyes. Maybe ill check it out.

Yojouhan is an intersting one that i haven’t watched yet… i wonder why…

castlevania seems intersting

Azumanga daioh might be something good to watch in exam time.

planetes… never really liked space much…

Symphonic Band: The Anime

The animation in Hibike is really good, and all of the animated music playing is accurate down to correct lip positions and fingerings, which shows a really amazing attention to detail!

It’s KyoAni what do you expect lol

What is with anime and episode 10’s
Made in Abyss, SAO S3 and the spyce anime all have had drastic OOF’s/insane plot twist on episode 10

(Forgot about Akame ga kill too)

why watch akame ga kill when you can read it 7 times like me?? :thinking:

What do you have against the adaptation? Hmmm :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Recently watched:

To me this was a great comedy anime :ok_hand:

Also I could listen to the OP all day

I prefer reading tbh

Well, maybe it’s because everyone dies in the anime adaptation…(minus a few people)

wait really?

Fuck that’s a spoiler

I read it and watched it while it aired 3-4 years ago, I don’t remember it being different? Then again my memory of the manga is vague af

banned