Anime Discussion Thread

I started reading the opm Manga but I’m just going to hold out for the anime this year tbh

How long did this take you?
I took me 3 weeks to finish parts 1-3 but I finished E1-39 of Part 4 and E1-3 of Part 5 in 2 days or so

This was literally me when I finished JoJo

JoJo part 7 and Berserk
totally not stolen from MAL lol
(Unironically, Promised Neverland is great)

fucking%20500%20IQ

Honestly not a bad idea

Slime Anime

It was great at the beginning but it’s starting to lose its luster imo. I liked the manga a lot better.

Rising of the Shield Hero

It’s tate no yuusha. Not far enough for me to properly give an opinion on, but the manga is great. Adaptation seems to be decent (As expected of

Boogiepop

Tbh I don’t know what the fuck is going on lol

Index III

Dont watch if you’re easily confused or hate Touma. WWIII soon so idk about that

Dororo

Idk what the hype is about tbh. I dropped it.

The one with dancing Chika

Basically a 3D chess match but it’s love, not chess. Only watched ep 1.

No details for the upcoming series, but man am I worried about OPM season 2- it’s being done by JC Staff and IMO they’re the second-worst studio behind Studio Pierrot

I await MiA season 2, and OPM S2 if it’s good.

I’m honestly finding myself watching older shows rather than watching these newer ones- they just don’t interest me

I started a little after New Years and I finished part four some time before feb. I binged part 5 in 2-3 days and am waiting for new eps.

Damn, that’s pretty good. What’s your favorite part?

favorite part is easily 2nd or 3rd

ill guess ill post it here

recently running out of good web novels to read so i decided to read some fanfic

and what do you know, it;s better than i thought. The grammer is pretty good, better than a lot of amateur web novist. Although the major problems include:

• Too much similarity with the original plot that the things u changed doesnt make it worth your time
  • alot of the stories are just shipping different people, fanfiction.net does not seem to have an option to filter out particular genres for some reason. But also depends on the fandom, some are terrible as in like 95% is romance, some are like 30% so :man_shrugging:
  • Requiring you to still remember it
  • Most of my favourites anime are kinda bad for fanfics because they are heavily story or storytelling based instead of character or setting eg. death note, baccano!, hikaru no go instead of things are easy for fanfic such as : naruto, one piece, fairy tail, other big immersive worlds. best is probably naruto.
  • naruto is the most popular, not that it is bad, but naruto is fcking annoying (unless those that make him anti hero or he doesnt exist). But its due to the massive amounts of plot holes in the original, many different routes, dark settings, interesting but not developed side characters that allow many good fanficthing to exist within the naruto fandom

if you’re curious of some good ones:
walk on the moon (naruto)
rotten rowan (naruto)

both great self-insert psychological darker stories. The titles dont actually reflect anything really of the stories.

Huh; my favorite is part 4

Anyone here seen Space Brothers? I just finished it, 99 eps in 5 days I couldn’t put it down. Probably in my top 10 anime now.

But if you don’t know much about it allow me a moment to talk it up

If you’re a fan of space, or even if you aren’t but like Slice of Life, you’ll probably love it. There’s also some pretty high quality dramatic roller coaster of story arcs in there for drama lovers (I cried like a bitch mid-series lmao). And imo it also rivals Bakuman as the show with the longest journey to achieve ones hard to reach ambitions.

Basically check it out! o/

Just to add to something I said way back about the Fate Heaven’s Feel movies:

I stand corrected

Edit: Also no love for Space Bros? Much sad

All hail the Body Improvement Club bros.

whoa you said something

hello there

Nani?! Komi-san?!
Tbh just finished Kara no Kyoukai and two seasons of Oregairu. They’re polar opposites imo, until you hit the second season

Sometimes I wonder what’s happening inside your brain. Or if there’s anything happening at all in there.

I wouldn’t call them polar opposites, they’re clearly doing completely different things.

Neat

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU TOOK LONG ENOUGH MATE

More:

Edit: And Evangelion coming to netflix world wide (but I don’t care too much about that tbh, OG japanese dub is fine)

So much news today but

ikr reeeee

Hibike Euphonium, Cell’s at work, and Re:zero.

I swear