Anime Discussion Thread

No, but now you’re scaring me

I’d say in terms of animation, if a 1 is Berserk 2016/2017 and a 10 is Your Name/Silent Voice, then Index S3 falls somewhere around 3 or 4

1. did you watch them all in the correct order
  2. reattaching your foreskin doesn’t kill you

“hey guys whats the monogatari watch order?”

monogatari nibbas:

“Okay, what about the chronologi-”

Monogatari nibbas:

Damn, have they been getting worse over the years? Can’t remember them doing anything amazing animation wise but not that bad either. RIP OPM S2 if true

Also, here are some Monogatari memes because I finally have an excuse use them

everybody says he toothbrush fucked her, am I seeing a fucking censored version or what, because he literally just fucking brushed her teeth.

anime in a nutshell

Why would you assume that statement was supposed to be taken literally? Did you really think there was going to be an explicit sex scene in that series??

I thought maybe it would be implied that he fucked her with a toothbrush. Anime is good at implying weird shit like that.

The scene was nothing like a toothbrush fucking. It was sexualized tooth brushing.

No, it really isn’t.

Most of the time they’ll just tease you with partial nudity, interrupted kisses and all that shit, or they’ll show you sex and nudity with no ambiguity whatsoever.

grrrr dont contradict me

that’s the entire point. what do you find embarrassing about brushing teeth? what do you find sexual about brushing teeth? NOTHING! (hopefully).

yes

i’m getting the vibes: “don’t fuck with monogatari or death (but less serious)” kinda vibes.

for years of waiting, this is disappointing. like very. look, even the smoke looks 240p.

i’m lowkey excited, but i genuinely forgot 90% of what happened in the anime, that i don’t really care. it wasn’t that exciting, but yay, i get to see anime delivery girl in the future with her animator friends. as i said, exciting!

ok but I don’t get this one

yes. that’s entirely correct.

imagine assuming what I do and don’t fetishize.

Don’t over think it, it’s just referring to how Monogatari is considerably more dialogue-heavy when compared to an average anime

ya know, I didn’t really notice that until you pointed it out. I’m terrified of going back to normal anime with normal dialogue and normal camera angles

Then watch Katanagatari or Tatami Galaxy while you’re still used to it, they’re just as heavy :upside_down_face:

ok!!! I will. also just finished the movies for monogatari so im barely into it honestly I just recommend it like shit to everybody i know

Shame! It’s the opposite for me, watched it in like 2014 and it’s something I can remember pretty much all of. Not a huge fan but really did enjoy it.