Anime Discussion Thread

Weathering with you was fucking wild

Spoiler

HOLY SHIT ATTEMPTED MURDER WITH A
FIREARM AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Holy fuck that was only the start of it

I got to watch it in theaters when it came out, and as both a rain and animation fetishist the movie was just visually stunning

:cloud_with_rain:

:relieved::ok_hand:

Spoilers

I remember there being a lot of people having a problem with the ā€œmessageā€ the movie was sending with the MC being unsacrificial and fucking over the world because hormones and allā€¦ But honestly didnā€™t bother me, it was a pretty feel good ending so I was happy.

Itā€™s not Shinkaiā€™s best work, I do feel like it lacked a bit story/character-wise, but it did have a really good mix of SoL, drama and romance. Could definitely be something Iā€™d rewatch every once in a while.

Ooh, we talking about Weathering With You? :3

Guess I'll throw this in a summary too!

Yeah, itā€™s not aaaall too in-depth in that departmant, I agree. Seeing how thereā€™s not too much of a difference personalitywise between the start and the end of the film for the MC is a bit disappointing.
I think one review I read via Wikipedia sums it up quite well: itā€™s a fine movie, but it had Your Name to live up to.
Still, I found it a really cool movie!
The soundtrack was pretty memorable as well. I still listen to it every so often.

rent-a-girlfriend or kanojo okarishimasu (new romcom) is actually pretty funny. airing rn 2 episodes in and im hooked

binged both seasons of code geass in the last few days.
story kinda went off the rails in the last few episodes but the ending definitely made up for it. 10/10 anime

Obligatory: Bloom Into You.

holy heck is it adorable as all heck. heck. I donā€™t want to swear so Iā€™m just saying heck at this point because I hecking heckove it.

Horimiya
Best. anime. ever.

Iā€™ve really enjoyed reading nagatoro, it feels good to enjoy wholesome things without 35 year old retail workers telling me i should be liking the good stuff like the big bang theory. What about you guys, have you watched/read anything recently???