Anime Discussion Thread

Also seen both, and completely agree. Our opinions are definitely in the minority though.

But I can still see why people like shows like Toradora. Earlier I said what ruined the show for me was that MC girl was a bit too much for me, people usually argue that the reason she turned out that way due to her family situation, which I can understand (even though thst really shouldn’t be an excuse for her actions). I can also understand how she would fall for the male MC as hes constantly helping her throughout the series, but I don’t get the reversal of that. He never really gets to see her as anything but an abrasive, violent girl throughout the series…

And the plot in Golden Time may have been a bit cheap at times, with its use of romcom cliches (childhood friend, love triangle the whole amnesia thing ect.), but guess I’m just a sucker for shows like that.

What I really liked about both shows is that they actually ended up together in the end, really gives them a sense of completion. Its something that rarely happens in anime.

I thought Your Name was really good. The time travel doesn’t bother me, mostly because they never try to explain it in any more detail than with some metaphor about threads. I can just chalk all of it up to divine intervention. Contrast that to something like, say, Life is Strange or Bioshock Infinite, where nothing about the time travel mechanics makes any amount of sense whatsoever.

I’ve never really gotten into shows like ToraDora or Zero no Tsukaima, mostly because tsunderes annoy the shit out of me. They just feel so forced, and seeing the same guy get punched in the face a billion times just gets old after a while. I think City Hunter was at least marginally funny for me because the main guy wasn’t a complete doormat, so it felt more like a comedic back-and-forth than a boring repetition.

Since we’re talking about romcoms, anyone else watched Shimoneta?

same.

I gave up on Toradore quite early.[quote=“RMGnoob, post:148, topic:535”]
City Hunter
[/quote]

oh surprising i dont have this on my list.
The graphics… :confused: …never understood how people could watch through anime like Ahsito no Joe (totally spelled first world wrong)[quote=“RMGnoob, post:148, topic:535”]
Since we’re talking about romcoms
[/quote]

rip. I can talk about every genre except that and harem/eechi/h**tai.

The english title for Shinometa sounds familiar (A boring world where the concept of dirty jokes doesn’t exist), I never got around to watching it. Would you recommend?

I don’t know, the art (for city hunter) doesn’t really bother me. It seems kind of typical for an anime that aired in the 80s, not that I’ve watched many anime that old.

I’m not picky about art in general though, I’ve watched a lot of anime with unique art styles like Jojo / Kaiji off the top of my head, it always grow on me.

Now CG anime I find hard to watch…a few shows seem to make it work, like Ajin, but most of the time the characters look too stiff and unnatural to me

i didnt mind the art there

the cg doesnt look all that great, but i dont mind it.

Just the super old ones :confused:Im not one that cares all too much about art.

I see, thats a shame. You’re missing out, a lot of old anime is really good.

Currently watching one now called Hajime no ippo, a boxing anime that aired in the 90s. For anyone who enjoys sports anime totally recommend it

i try to watch some of the classics, most i can live through but some like this

have such a high rating for such a bad quality art, i really tried to make it through…

Stuff like Neon Genesis Evangelion i can get through.[quote=“Shu, post:153, topic:535”]
Hajime no ippo, a boxing anime that aired in the 90s
[/quote]

oh was it in the 90s…
Yeah i finished the series, pretty good, although i felt that the boxing matches kept on getting too long, like 4-5eps for a boxing match. Although, most other sports anime are like that. The anime didnt finish.:confused:

Oh…was hoping the season that aired in 2013 was the last one. Damn

well i hope it didnt finish, the manga is like over 1000 chapters… also a bad place to end the story.

Actually, I’ve never watched the anime of City Hunter. Only read a good portion of the manga.

Considering how much fan service most shonens have and how much sex seinens have, chances are you could talk about ecchi/hentai just fine if you can talk about those two other genres.

I don’t know if it’s the most well-made show on Earth, but it did make me laugh.

I think one of the reasons why I have such a hard time watching anime anymore is because of video games on Youtube. Seriously, go watch a playthrough of something like Valkyria Chronicles 1 or Bayonetta and tell me that’s not a great anime.

true i guess, although i dont remember most of what happens since its just fanservice, while plot is something u could actually remember. [quote=“RMGnoob, post:157, topic:535”]
seinens
[/quote]

i dont watch those. [quote=“RMGnoob, post:157, topic:535”]
that’s not a great anime.
[/quote]

i hate learning games, hence why i still play rotmg…

You don’t need to really learn how to play the game to watch a playthrough of it. How do you think the Touhou series have this many fans?

it has good songs?..

sorry i dont follow my games…

truth is, i rather avoid explicit anime, b/c i tend to watch anime in a room with my parents, although im 17, they still get bugged by it.

a little bump?
heres some i watched over the course of my last post:

• noragami
  • haikyuu!!
  • kuroko no basket

what i will watch:

• chihayafuru
  • kokoro connect
  • assassination classroom
  • mob psycho 100

any suggestions pls ;-;

Kuroko no Basuke <3

my man im on season 2 now

Wait till you get to Vorpal Swords vs. Jabberwocks. It’s part of the manga.

Oh, the season where you meet Aomine Daiki.

thats s1 where they [details=Spoilers]lose against touou[/details]

I finished a lot of KnB.

Spoilers

They beat Touhou. And Yosen. And Rakuzan.