Anime Discussion Thread

go die at least make it hidden. welp not chatting here anymore, knew someone was gona spoil it for me

Idk how to.

But you donā€™t know Yosen or Rakuzan yet :cry:

if u looked at the handy taskbar u would know

yosen has the purple haired guy and kagamiā€™s friend from america
rakuzan has the red haired captain of teiko

Spoilers[details=Summary]I didnā€™t look there.[/details]

Oh okay you know.

Noragami and sports anime huh, not bad choices. Especially Kuroko, that was a fun ride.

Out of the ones you plan to watch, Iā€™d say lower your expectations of kokoro connect, it had an interesting concept but it could have been so much better.

And if someone has seen chihayafuru here they should give their opinion on it, Iā€™ve heard of it a few times but donā€™t know what to think of it.

As for recommendations you should tell me what kind of shows you would prefer to watch and Iā€™ll make a list when I get to my computer

splice of life, comedy, and sports

stuff i dont want:
mecha, magic, fighting (iā€™ll still watch it if it has a good storyline)

ehh kuroko no basketā€¦ it was ok in the beginning, but after a whileā€¦ its was just too much, too much super powersā€¦

Alright hereā€™s my promised list, I find it hard to find anime people would like but I guarantee youā€™ll like at least one of these, so check 'em out.

First thing I thought of when you said comedy and slice of life:

The daily life of highschool boys, probably one of the best comedy anime Iā€™ve seen. It only has 12 episodes, but they feel much longer as they do it in a sort of ā€˜skitā€™ format and each skit is only a few minutes long at most.

A similiar comedy anime would be:

Same kind of format and equally as hilarious

A few other slice of life-ish type comedies you might enjoy

^ And the second season is airing atm, itā€™s even better than the first

and while I probably shouldnā€™t have liked this one as much as I did, I still consider it a pretty enjoyable slice of life:

These are also pretty great slice of life, but theyā€™re less on the comedy side compared to the ones up above:

and a few older ones

For sports anime:

Although these few are pretty long with over 100 episodes each:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/263/Hajime_no_Ippo

And this gem, I can describe it in a single word ā€œstrategyā€:

oh i forgot to mention, do u have any thats finished, i dont like ongoing ones too much because the cliffhangers, they get me every time :cry:

ok i just saw the mal, it looks pretty good

Most of the ones in that list are finished, just Kono Subas second season is currently airing and Hajime no Ippo isnā€™t finished

most of those genres i dont go too much in, but of the ones ive watched, those are some good choices

Same actually (besides comedy)

but I do watch some of every genre, hell Iā€™ve even given a few Shoujo and Moe type anime a shot, they have their meritsā€¦kind of

ehh. i usually just go searching in the top rated sections, i usually skip romance/slice of life/comedy.

Although, some of my favourites were in those categories.

Eh. Handa-Kun, the prequel, was better than Barakamon imo.

lol the majority of the western anime community overwhelmingly disagrees with you.

I havenā€™t seen either though so I have yet to have my own opinion

Oh shoot.

At least thatā€™s based from what Iā€™ve seen from MAL rankings/reviews and reddit (and a few of my friends opinions).

Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re two entirely different shows, and people who expected Handakun to be like Barakamon (which is currently one of the most popular slice of life anime out atm) were disappointed and started hating on it.