Anyone remember the RotMG Ninja Bookmark?

I was talking with a friend a few weeks ago about this topic and think it would be a good discussion about the decline of RotMG advertisement.

While DECA Games has done a lot for the game, Kabam had much more resources as a game company. This included spending lots of money on advertisements, which I think helped keep the game filled with new players - even while there weren’t m(any) events going on or content being made.

I can’t find any pictures or information about this, but I briefly recall guild members getting these RotMG Ninja Bookmarks at their respective libraries back in ~2011-2012(??). They were given out before the release of the Ninja class, with all sorts of other advertisements being done as well - whether physical or virtual (YouTube Ads… etc).

Does anyone in the community remember this / have the bookmark still? Or am I that much of a boomer? And does DECA Games still do advertisements for the game or do they think it’s not worth the ROI anymore?

A Short Survey + Free Golden Clover

As far as I know, DECA doesn’t advertise RotMG. I don’t think it has much to do with ROI, but they simply lack the large funds in the first place. Promoting content on YouTube and other large platforms require huge sums of money, and I’m not sure if DECA is able to pay them. I can’t be certain since I don’t have information on their exact income.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.