Anyone who can explain the pet yard system?

I have a rare pet egg but cannot figure out how to upgrade my pet yard
Any advice on where the UI is to upgrade the yard and advice for any “noob traps” in the system would be great!

the realm eye wiki has a really useful page on this, the level up button should be a little green arrow at the top of the feed feeding menu. the main ‘noob trap’ is fusing pets before the first ability is maxxed which permanently lowers the pets max level

very in-depth breakdown

Noob traps - make sure you alway at least max the first ability before fusing. don’t fuse when it says “fantastic” wait for “maxed”

There should be two interactable “objects” in your pet yard, close to where you enter.
One, the Pet Yard caretaker, allows you to:

• Up the maximum rarity tier of your pets
  • Feed pets
  • Fuse pets

The second, the Pet Wardrobe, allows you to:

• Change the skin of a pet in your pet yard (cheap)
  • Change the family of a pet in your pet yard (by changing its skin; expensive)

To briefly break down the above post - which is an extremely well-made, in-depth post that you should still read if you can! - there are a few main points to watch out for.

The “max” of a pet ability is based on its rarity. However, this “max” can only be possible if:

• The pet was hatched from an egg. For instance, hatching that Rare egg you have will result in a pet with a “max” of lvl 70.
  • The pet was fused, from two pets whose first ability was maxed out.
    To elaborate on this, I give you two scenarios:
    First, let’s say I fuse a level 28 Common pet with a level 30 Common pet. This results in an Uncommon pet, who will have a “max” of level 49, not 50!
    If the first pet was also level 30, then it would have a “max” of 50.

Now, let’s say I have two Rare pets, with their abilities at levels 70/63, and levels 70/70. If I fuse them, I will get a Legendary pet with a “max” of 90 - which is perfect.
The second ability’s level, simply put, has no effect on the “max”!

I know this was a bit longwinded, so feel free to ask away if things seem unclear.

my friend showed me this, uploaded by his guildy, a long time ago when pets were still fairly new
it’s still my favorite video on pets, because it’s short and sweet

here’s a quick copy and paste from his about section on the youtube page (not sure if this is outdated info or not):

HERE IS THE REAL MATH! Lets say you are feeding 500 feed items to your pets to max them [click SHOW MORE]

MAXING TWO UNCOMMON PETS 2ND ABILITY WHEN FIRST IS MAXED:
Feed Needed: 15584
Items Needed: 32
Fame per feed: 30
Fame cost: 960

GETTING A RARE PETS 2ND ABILITY TO LVL 50 WHEN FUSING EARLY:
Feed Needed: 7792
Items needed: 16
Fame per feed: 100
Fame cost: 1600

END RESULT: Feed saved: 7792 Extra fame cost: 640
In my opinion, 7792 feed is better than 640 fame.

FUSE EARLY MY FRIENDS.

Thanks for you explanation,
I got a common that was Heal, Mheal, elec, which I read was the best abilities. Should I just pump feed into it?
If I fuse it eventually, is there a chance it will lose the combo or will it always keep the main ones?

Make sure that you fuse into the pet you wish to have the abilities remain on, as this guide directs. You don’t have to worry about the “left or right side” confusion anymore, so the correct stats should be showing when you fuse.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.