Archer Ability Change

I have an idea for a total overhaul of the archer.

Before I say this, I want you to think of a real life quiver, if you have a quiver, it will hold many different types of arrows, and it isn’t going to shoot out an arrow itself.

So, now that you have a general idea of a quiver, I think that the quiver should be a personal buff that changes your arrows.
It would hold lets say “slow arrows”, or “paralyze arrows”. It makes you want to use a covert, instead of a dbow in places.

So, how would you do that? Make the quiver give a shot bonus timer with a high mana cost and a heavy time between uses.
Or you can do some kind of flame arrow for a UT, give the Red Demon a white bag drop that drops a quiver that when buffed, gives the archer a flame arrow that lasts for like 3 seconds.

This could give the archer more chances of a UT ability, and gives the huntress more of a chance to have a special idea of slow at a long range and (with ctrap) paralyze at a long range.

edit 7/15/17: Maybe this idea be pushed either to a new character, or to a new UT ability that instead allows a personal boost. But one thing for sure, BaraBlazer is right, the game doesn’t have to make sense, but I just thought of the idea that would change the outlook of this class, and bring light to huntress.
Having a class specific ability is essential for this game. But I think because of the current state of the archer, huntress gets commonly overlooked as a “secondary archer”.

What this new ability would do is change it from a ranged support, to a ranged damage, as is archery. If you think that this is too broken, then I understand.

so you’re saying to make the quiver give the paralyzing projectiles to the archers bow instead of on their own?

how does this contribute to anything other than the extreme op-ness of the archer class?

The direct idea behind it isn’t to make the archer more over powered.

Maybe what should be done is totally get rid of the paralyze and slow, and keep that to the huntress.
It was a general idea that I brought up with multiple people, and they agree with the fact that the archer ability doesn’t really make sense for the class, and the mechanics of it just don’t line up. If you think you can refine the idea, than please do, that is why I decided to post this in the first place.

Then the archer would be useless wouldn’t it?

I think gameplay wise, the archer is fine. I have always thought of ability items as filters to channel your mana, so for me, quivers enchant one arrow.

Besides, instead of changing a balanced ability to another one on the basis that it doesn’t make sense is a folly in its own. When have logic stopped mario from growing larger because of eating a mushroom, or shoot flames from his hands because of a flower? I would rather change sprite and lore.

Of course, I’m also curious to what the others think.

Edit; of course, your UT idea is implementable. UTs which shakes the gameplay up is usually very exciting.

Maybe remove slow and paralize and give quivers new effect that when you shoot enemy it will push him until he hit something or its out of range

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.