Are moths inherently evil?

Are moths evil?

inb4 u cnt apli abstrction 2 aminals

This is concerning moths in general as it makes a lot of generalizations. Many types of moths are contradictory to some statements. Assume evil is a black and white concept, you are either evil or you are good.

Like all insects, moths very likely lack a moral compass and therefor do not know right from wrong. They purely do whatever they wish with no thought to any but themselves. Despite this moths are physically incapable of causing harm to other living things. They are also unable to intend unjust acts. Does the inability to spread pain make and a lack of malevolence them incapable of being evil?

Many moths can and will eat fabric. While it isn’t causing harm to others it is the destruction of private property. Is the act of vandalism considered evil? I would say vandalism isn’t evil, just mean and bad. Some moths drink animal blood, while this doesn’t harm the animal does the intent to consume upon the life juices of the living considered wrong? Baby moths can consume and kill plants, are caterpillars evil because of this? Do they retain their sins when they grow up into their passive forms? Many people will kill caterpillars for what they do, but leave moths alone as if they’ve been reborn into a righteous and just form free separate from the destruction they’ve lain in the past.

Is evil just knowing what is right from wrong and still choosing to act bad. Evil being based on perspective, a moth not knowing what evil means can not be seen as evil. However good would be perspective based as well so a moth couldn’t be that either. That would leave them as neutral, and neutral is inherently evil. But is evil even a bad thing?

How about fish? They eat each other, partake in cannibalism, maim and kill without discretion. They have the same sense of morality as a moth yet unlike moths they have the means wreak havoc.

Or perhaps there is truly no such thing as good, it’s just a learned concept meaning everything all living things are evil until they are taught empathy? Creatures like dogs, dolphins, apes, and other social animals learn acceptable behaviors and can be taught to adhere to human morality.

I would personally say that yes, moths are evil in their immorality; but they are not bad, criminal, unjust, or unlawful and are indeed friend creatures.

the moth
will eat
the cloth

I dunno, this post is excessively stupid. :rose:

They’re true neutral on the alignment chart.

No

Moths are misunderstood and just doing their job

Plus, they’re fuzzy

The goblin king sure is insightful on such a useless animal :dab:

importance of moths

Moth caterpillars have a great impact on plants by eating their leaves. This had led to many types of plant evolving special chemicals to make them less appealing to caterpillars and limit the damage. But moths also benefit plants by pollinating flowers while feeding on their nectar, and so help in seed production. This not only benefits wild plants but also many of our food crops, which depend on moths as well as other insects to ensure a good harvest.
Moths also play a vital role in telling us about the health of our environment, like the canary in the coalmine. Since they are so widespread and found in so many different habitats, and are so sensitive to changes, moths are particularly useful as indicator species. Monitoring their numbers and ranges can give us vital clues to changes in our own environment, such as the effects of new farming practices, pesticides, air pollution and climate change.

ez

heres a poll

• yes
  • no

0 voters

but bees can pollinate

but that doesn’t decrease the usefulness of the moth, no?

Why’s neutral inherently evil?

Good is the capability of empathy and martyrdom sided with greater morality. Neutrality picks and chooses when to to ignore these concepts. Neutrality also avoids conflict and a lack of conflict is evil.

The moth doesn’t choose to ignore the concepts, it simply can’t comprehend them. It doesn’t aspire to do evil or do good, it can’t use moral reason in it’s decisions. A lack of conflict without reason can’t possibly be an act of good or evil.

evil

Yes, proof below

Edit: technically her babies are evil but that’s beside the point.

nevermind, thread over forever :rose:

That was possibly the dumbest thing I’ve seen

exactly i always let moths out of my house instead of killing them

Love how people still use a year old quote
:laughing: