Are rogues good? Can someone outline the pros and cons of one?

Hey, so until late I have only really played knight, warrior and paladin, but I just started playing an archer, and was wondering what rogues are like since I haven’t ‘really’ played one before.

If anyone could give me advice or tips, that would be great!

Move to Q&A maybe?
Also please use search for these generic questions before making a post @VeryClassy

https://www.realmeye.com/forum/search?context=topic&context_id=10354&q=Rogue%20class&skip_context=true

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/rogue

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/class-guide-rogue

Moved from #game-discussion to #academy:questions-answers.

Rogue is a unique class. Boasting the least overall DPS out of the leather classes but having the easiest time going deep out of any class in the game, it can be godlike or shitlike.

I would strongly suggest making a rogue if you play by yourself a lot. Not only lots of enemies stay still while you’re invisible and noone else is around, but also other players can get behind you while you’re invisible and make enemies fire at your direction regardless of invisibility.

Rogues tend to have short life-span, as with invisibility comes overconfidence. Timing your cloak is key, I usually count the seconds in my head so I know when I must retreat. Having a good enough pet to constantly reactivate the cloak doesn’t hurt either.

Its a very situational class. Its great at rushing and soloing bosses, but a really bad glands farmer (even if your alone) and rather bad when there are lots of others around since it has low dps and the cloak is pretty useless if there is a crowd.

Its quite fun tho, but they dont live very long usually. Overall I wouldnt recommend it.

Thank you Mynamerr!

Thank you!

I’d place rogue as higher up on the leather class chart.

First place being assassin due to his decent dagger DPS and amazing ability.

Second is ninja, amazing dps (if you utilize your shuriken and katana) and speed make him a fearsome force to be reckoned with. If you’re blessed with a ray katana he is basically a sorcerer that doesn’t suck.

Third is rogue, his dps aint that great but it doesn’t matter if nothing attacks you. Placed higher than trickster since planeswalker can teleport you and is decently common.

Fourth is Trickster since she has great DPS but her ability is lackluster. I personally like abilities that help with dps but teleporting can be pretty fun.

Fifth being huntress since she is just a worse assassin.

Finally archer as he is just a worse ninja.

Rogue is op at rushing anything: from an abyss to the shatters it’s by far the best rusher. It sucks at dps so getting loot will be difficult but still possible, it isn’t a priest after all

Rogue is probably my #1 favorite class, right before Warr. It’s super easy to rush things on, plus you can solo 95% of dungeons easily. It’s DPS really isn’t as bad as some people claim it is. On a max attack and dex rogue you can still get loot in full dungeons. It is a more single player class so if you enjoy playing later at night when nobody else is on then this class is perfect for you. But with groups you can rush dungeons and help your friends out as well. The invisibility is simply amazing. It’s one thing to not take much damage on like a knight or warr, but it’s another to not even be shot at as a rogue. I’d recommend it. It’s a very fun class.

Pros: He can rush everything. He can solo a tomb. He is a decent eventing class. He is fast and maneuverable. He can teleport with a Planewalker. Easy to max being SPD and DEX aren’t hard to get.

Cons: He is not a team player. Other players can get you killed if you play in a group. DPS is one of the lowest so soloing dungeons is important.

To answer your original question: Yes Rogues are good because the Pros can easily outweigh the Cons if you play the class right!

pros
ez rush
good class to solo dungeons with
good class to solo event gods with
good class to kill skull shrines/cube gods with

con
super low dps
hard to hit fast moving enemies with
no mana = rip
useless in a crowd

They’re great but always die too soon. Don’t get the most expensive equips for it, use old tops and don’t use any UT’s you don’t want to lose (other than plane). It’s great but yeah, hard to keep them for a long time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.