Are you addicted to the RealmEye Forum?

Here’s a little question to all of you forumers out there! Are you addicted to the Forum? Are you a Hardcore forum addict like me and a lot of other regulars? Is the forum stopping you from doing your homework and causing you to stay up very late? it is for me.
Here’s a place where you can answer my questions.

• I’m a hardcore forum addict, I visit everyday(maybe with a few exceptions per month) and read lots of posts and topics
  • I visit the forum a few days a week, not really addicted…
  • I rarely visit the forums, maybe read a few topics every time i do…

0 voters

Also, tell me how you found out about the Realmeye forum in the first place, and when you started becoming a hardcore forum addict :smiley:

I’ll tell you my story.
School had started, and as usual i get bored when i get home. so i have to do something. i go to realmeye to stalk some people, which is something i do when i’m bored. I had heard about the realmeye forum being launched, and i could see the “forum” button next to the name search. one day i guess i got bored of stalking people, and i wondered what life inside the forum was like. so i pressed on that button, and started to read a few posts. i also realized that my forum account was pretty much my realmeye account, and my username was my ign. so i realized i didn’t have to go through all that trouble of coming up with a good username and blah blah blah… so i logged into the forums, and a couple weeks later, i had become a forum addict! i have been visiting the forum daily ever since then, with some exceptions in the beginning. And a whole new world was opened to me.

List of entertaining threads
[Forum Game] Paste whatever's on your clipboard!

yay 1st one :smiley:

dang that was quick.

lol

I found out during Summer break.

You see, I was at China, where censorship is a big obstacle. That means: No Realm.

So I looked through RealmEye, desperately looking for something to do. Then, I saw it. A button that would later conquer my boredom while staying at an apartment:

I also read Quora (love reading other’s opinions), and despite the censorship, whenever my parents and I go out, there’s something fun to explore. :slight_smile:

I think I have visited the forum almost everyday since I found out about it, was some curiousity, coupled with Shatter’s Christmas Giveaway that drew me in. But as I found out the community was very welcoming so I stayed. In fact that was one of my first posts.

Also I’m kinda surprised by my read time to days visited ratio

I joined the forum in order to constantly bother Shatter.
@Shatter

Jk lol

heh we have the same kind of story/experience.

Due to this

I refuse to answer

yea but some real hardcore forum addicts sometimes need to take a break too! i didn’t wanna disqualify them :frowning:

A 4th option is required.

me!

what should it be?

I joined to find out how people get their divine pet.
Turned out the answer was

Was on RTL mumble when someone said ‘Oh there’s a forum button on realmeye’

So I clicked on it.

Was one of the first few to join the forums.

Please note that the term lol used by itself can get you marked as spam.

I got flagged before on the death thread :frowning:

I mean, flags won’t exactly affect you. Now, if you received 10 flag warnings in a day - that’s a different story.

well, since you asked:

I heard about the forum launch on day one. instantly joined and went to work immediately on promoting The Nameless Void. it did really well for a long time since the only other actually complete dungeon idea on here for a long time was the Lost Halls, and I’m still proud of it, even if it hasn’t lived up to the fan craze that the Lost Halls or the Beyond.

I didn’t want to have just one thing on here so I also posted Spook, a random sorcerer skin I drew some time ago. I was surprised that Spook alone was liked almost as well as the entire Void. I don’t have a problem with it at all, but it was definitely unexpected.

the feedback I got from the Void inspired me to make another dungeon, The Stone Caves of Nores. The Void was pretty good, but (being my very first attempt at UT making) several of the UT’s suffered from what @GaryGuy referred to as

simply being “too good” for other items. so in the Stone Caves, I attempted to make them a bit more interesting as well as balanced. there was a bit more emphasis on functionality in that dungeon than the Void, so apparently the sprites ended up not so great. overall, it wasn’t as popular as the Void but a pretty solid attempt nonetheless.

later during a particularly boring day on the forums, I went and dug up another skin I drew at the time of drawing Spook, the Redcloak Templar. I wasn’t really looking to impress anyone with it, I think it’s decent, but nothing like what I’ve done since then. but I hadn’t actually done anything in a while and it seemed like a good opportunity, so why not? 9 likes is still pretty respectable imo so it wasn’t a total failure.

on a much more recent note, I’ve felt like I haven’t done anything in a while again. I am working on something big, but it’s going to take a while. so in the meantime I made this post getting some feedback on potential drops for my next dungeon, and some general ideas I may use in later projects. some of it wasn’t quite as useful as I had hoped though…

am I a forum addict? hell yes I am. although I agree with shatter that you should make a 4th category or fix the “hardcore” option. I’ve missed a couple days near the beginning of the forums but have maintained perfect attendance since.