Arena drop items

Dagger of Will
Damage: 130-160
Goes though enemies
Every 5 shots it inflicts bleeding
Range: 6 tiles
Rate of fire: 110%
Fame bonus: 6%

Description: The will is so strong it cuts though everything.

Poison of Bravery
MP cost: 100
Impact damage: 200
Damage over time: 800
Duration: 12 seconds

Description: Only the bravest of people dare to venture this far.

Armour of Champions
20 DEF, +3 DEX, +3 ATT

Description: Champions who wore this live to this day

Ring of Victory
+90 HP, +90 MP, +5 ATT, +2 DEF, +5 SPD, +5 DEX

Description: Sweet Victory

All set items have a chance of dropping on the 70th floor

edit: changed the stupidly op ring and the dagger changed what floor it drops

pixil-frame-0%20(2)

Quality post.

sorry

even more quality now?

The dagger is just an op queen stinger, the armor is just an abyssal with 3 dex, the ring is stupidly op and really can’t say something about the poison.

I tried

Eh arena needs more of a rework than better drops

but this would make people want to do the arena more often

Don’t be so harsh on yourself, you could try to balance things around!

I tried using other daggers for refrence

but are the sprites good? i know there small :frowning:

ok i made them bigger

There’s a reason Omni drops from The Void Entity, and from memory I don’t think even that gives such stat boosts.

The dagger as said by Daigo is indeed just a better queen stinger, items shouldn’t be direct upgrades of one another excluding the tiered ones.

The poison… I’m not sure, it doesn’t bring anything unique to tiered poisons, in fact I think Baneserpent has similar stats.

The armour has +2 def, +2 spd and +3 dex compared to the Armour of Nil, which also drops from the Void Entity. This again makes it a direct upgrade to an item that drops from the hardest dungeon in game at this moment.

Whilst the fact you have to complete 150 waves to have a chance of acquiring these items may excuse them being overpowered, the Arena is accessible from the nexus and is impossible to die in, meanwhile Lost Halls and other dungeons have the constant risk of losing your character and items. You could constantly try the Arena for a small amount of Fame, and get better items than ones in endgame dungeons which are far less accessible.
Two more points; the items are focused on the Assassin, what if you don’t want to play that class? What would be one’s incentive to do the Arena? Also, I think you underestimate how long it would take to complete all those waves.

ring isnt 8x8

I don’t before i went down this path I played in the area for some time other than that you made good points. When I was making the stats for the dagger I was using different daggers for reference i didn’t look at the queen’s stinger that is an L on my part. For the ring I think you would have to put in the same amount of time to get it or more than you would to get omni. I do i agree i need to nerf these items

sorry i had no idea they were supposed to be

I just wanted something that would make the arena worth while again :frowning: sorry it appears it would stay the same

honesly at least you tried, the idea is good, but balancing just take time

okay i think i balanced the dagger and the ring and the armour

The ring is still insanely op. Omni has +4 to each stat, this has +10
Can you put the sprites on a black background so we can see them better?