Arena drop items

ok

the thing is i don’t want the ring to become another ammy

here you are i know ring and dagger are big

Its basically a massively op ammy that doesnt resurect. Maybe take an ammy and increase stats that make you think of bravery and will power, and decrease those that dont. An Idea I have is to increase HP and MP greatly (they help while youre fighting bravely) and decrease vit and wis greatly (they help when you’re cowering in a corner

ok :slight_smile:

I think I made good changes at this point it’s really preference between this and omni whether you want to rush or you want to survive

Mega yikes tier sprites
Shape needs improvement
Not 8x8
Needs shading
Needs a better palette
Needs an actual theme to the set
Not trying to be mean you just asked how the sprites were earlier
Also top arena score isn’t even 150

I agree for the sprites ( art is not my forte ) themes is blue and red and gold.

I’ll lower to stage to 70

what the fuck that ring has a big forehead

thats because theres no incentive to do arena

These items are really stupidly balanced and look real bad. Ugh

that’s some great criticism you got there mr blue star.

You want constructive critism? You got it.
The dagger is just a better foul that pierces, amour pierces passes through obstacles and with a 110 RoF.
The poison is kind of trash, high damages but over 12 seconds? That’s kind of trash.
The armour is just a much better nil.
The ring is just a better omni tbh, not much point using bracer or crown if this is a thing.

The sprites aren’t shaded and the dagger and ring aren’t 8x8. The dagger blade looks way to thick and looks frankly stupid. The rip looks like an unshaded pyra has sex with a para wis and the baby was dropped on its head.

The poison could have a lot more detail, it looks like you drew something and hit the fill tool button.

The armour ain’t too bad, but the colours are a bit too bright to fit the set imo.

All in all, with some work this could be a nice idea. But it’s not at the moment.

Thats not really “constructive criticism”. That term is thrown around everywhere, but many don’t even know what it really is. You’re just a elaboring on why it’s a bad idea, which doesn’t help the op. For the sprites, you just took what @nameness said and rehashed it into your own post. Of course everything can have more detail, that’s shading, right?

How is this constructive criticism? You’re just describing the dagger again.

You should’ve said something like, “maybe you could lower the damage” or “consider making the rof 90% instead”. Rather than ranting about why his ideas are “stupid”, you could have been more nice.

Repetitive and completely unnecessary

So how can he make them better? What should he change to make it more balanced? Etc

Just my thoughts…

ey ey ey i already adressed this i suck a pixel art no need to throw it im my face :frowning:

Let’s start with the dagger.
What’s the duration on bleeding? Why is it so painfully broken? Literally drives the reason for any other dagger into the ground.
Next up: Poison.
What’s the range? Why is it so awkwardly garbage? It pales in comparison to any other poison. Literally. I think I’d rather use a centipede poison.
Armours turn: Deca likes to spell it Armor, because Americans. I’m actually with you on this one. Don’t give armors stats that buff dex. We have the firedragon battlearmor. It has 17 def for a reason. What class is it for? All previous statements, is me assuming that it’s for melees. But seeing the “all set items” thing kinda changes my mind. why would a leather armor have 20 def? let alone something that buffs dps?
So, the ring…
What the fuck
you’d have no reason to farm for a crown, gem or bracer.

The descriptions in general: Too short, rather bad. No lore behind them.

back to the balancing board :frowning:

I know you want the arena to have an incentive behind it, but making that incentive mostly for one class just doesn’t really work. Either move the items to somewhere else or make more universally useful items, in my opinion.

ugh I really don’t know what to do at this moment I might scratch the idea

I’d say if you really want the assassin set then focus on the set not on the place it drops from, if you want the arena to have cool items then make sure that they’re items for all classes and not prioritising assassin.
Remember everyone who comments here is just giving their opinions, in the end it’s your idea and you can do whatever the hell you want to do with it.