Armor of Nil rework

Armor of Nil (:face_with_raised_eyebrow:)

This armor does not deflect projectiles like most materials known to man. It absorbs and engulfs them, sending them to a new plane of reality.

IDEA 1 Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Stat Bonus: +26 DEF, -2 SPD (reduced the speed penalty by 1)
  • Special properties: Absorb: Every hit that would deal more than 25% of your max HP in one damage instance gets reduced by 50%. When this happens, you get +2 attack, defense and speed for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
  • Cooldown: 2 seconds
  • Fame Bonus: same 7%
  • Feed Power: same 1100

IDEA 2 Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Stat Bonus: +26 DEF, -2 SPD (reduced the speed penalty by 1 again)
  • Special properties: Absorb: Every hit that would deal more than 25% of your max HP in one damage instance gets reduced by 50%. When this happens, you get a void stack. After reaching 3 void stacks, using your ability will reset your void stacks and deal 750 armor piercing damage to everything in radius 6.
  • Cooldown: 2 seconds
  • Fame Bonus: same 7%
  • Feed Power: same 1100

READ_ME.txt:
The damaging procs are not the focal point of this armor, more like a little bonus. Main idea is Reducing the damage of bigger hits.

Why i posted this:

We all know Nil armor is a bit underwhelming for a white that can take more than 20 void to get.
The description makes it sound like it’s some bomb ass armor when in reality it’s shit.
The main idea was to make it absorb hits (like the description claims it does) over a certain treshold.
The stat bonus/void blast is just a bonus thing that i think would be cool, since the void armor probably releases energy when it absorbs projectiles (just how i see the item if it was realistic)

Pls give your thoughts on this, why it's OP/Bad and give suggestions.

Damage reduction should have a cooldown. it’s OP.

Probably should’ve put it in a place where you could see it better. Right now the cooldown is 2 seconds.

Ok then the first reactive proc is shit. You need to lose >12.5% of your HP for half an omni? And it only stacks to 3 so 6 per stat? That’s kind of bad. Even hollyhock has a better proc than that. For a void white whose proc activates in that kind of situation, I would do +10 per stack.

Second proc kind of bad as well. I would assume its 750 per stack so 2250 damage? Again, for the amount of risk you have to do to activate that proc, it’s not that much damage. Also, this proc effectively bars you from using your ability for 2-6 seconds if youre not in 6 tiles of the boss.

I think the DPS meta affected this idea a little too much. Not everything has to be about +ATK or do damage. Personally, I think Nil also has horrendous stats, which is definitely not something touched upon in this idea. For an endgame dungeon, having 5 more def than a t15 armor shouldn’t even be a selling point. It would have some insane DEF like +40 or whatever odd number. DEF is already a joke stat in endgame content, and considering that Void IS endgame content, it’s just kind of pathetic.

If you ask me, I would’ve done something like: gain 1 Nil stack per ability use, and each stack reduces damage taken by 5%. Stacks to 6 and they last until you get hit. When you get hit, one stack disappears. When all stacks are gone, gain a shield that nullifies the next hit.

Wouldn’t having +10 def, att, spd per stack while also having a tool that would reduce 250 hits to 125 damage be a bit too much?
The core idea of this is to absorb hits (like the description of the item says), might even remove every other damage bonus.
I don’t see why it bars you for using abilities for 6 seconds btw, nothing says that it silences.

Not everything has to be about +ATK or do damage.

that is kind of the point with this item, i just wanted it to do some sort of energy release :slight_smile:

Some people want to save their stacks for dps, which means they will be mundane until their stacks are gone. Being mundane is already a huge problem, there’s no reason to encourage it even more with this kind of thing.

correct me if i’m wrong but i don’t just cater towards those “some people”, it’s their problem anyway cuz they’re just missing ability uses in the stack downtime

The last idea in this is very good by the way.

unfortunately, those “some people” are most people who play the game. You can’t design an item without thinking about this kind of thing. People see “oh so i can do 750 damage if i do this?” their neurons get activated, and they won’t press spacebar until they can do 750 damage.

> gained 1 stack
>2 seconds until next
>gained 1 stack
>2 seconds until next
>gained 1 stack
>2 seconds until next
>it procs
who in their right mind would not use abilities during the 6 seconds it takes for the void blast to load?
I feel like this is common sense.

Oh it procs after 3 stacks? I thought it proc PER stack.

My argument is still prevalent though, after gaining 3 stacks, people would be mundane because “oh the proc took so long to stack, I gotta not waste it”.

Also, 750 damage for that proc? Kind of bad.

I wanted it to do 1500 in radius 10 at first, but then it kinda hit me: how tf am i gonna have an armor that outdamages the entire Assassin and Sorcerer class, while also absorbing projectiles that would be the most deadly, and making them deal 50% less damage.

“oh the proc took so long to stack, I gotta not waste it”.

Sorry if this wasn’t clear. When you have below 3 stacks, you can freely use the ability, and it will not reset your stacks.

the lowest base hp of a leather amour class is 700 (huntress/archer) so without any hp rings or even a t6 ability equipped the damage needed to proc is 175. It’s an interesting tradeoff asking yourself "is it worth sacrificing potentially 220+ hp for the sake of reducing the damage taken from a small percentage of projectiles that do above 150 damage.

I like your ideas it’s quite creative and gives the item more uniqueness over some other leather UTs. With the additive bonus of being hit gaining +2 atk, spd, and def seems counterintuitive. The real question is what is the intent or purpose of DECA creating Nil Armor. It’s to trade off offensive stats for more defensive options such at t15 Leviathan Armor with +7 dex. Having the 6 seconds proc would negate the trade off of the armor alongside it stacking. As it currently stands the vest of abandoned shadows is the better defensive leather UT currently. Giving an armor buff alongside health, def, and vit. I believe in order to change Nil the best approach would form it into to the CC of leather armors. +30 Def alongside either atk or dex reduction (spd should be removed entirely since its more of a defensive stat). The other option is to give it an hp stat but of course it would make it similar to vest of abandoned shadows. As it stands I totally agree that Nil needs some form of rework/buff.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.