"Ascension" Consumables

You’ve had a long journey, your muscles almost buckle to your weight, but you’ve finally attained your sole purpose…

And so we introduce what the main point of these consumables and the details.

These consumables are late endgame items obtained from:

Shatters (1/200 each)
Nest (1/150 each)
Lost Halls (TBD)
O2 (1/250 each)

And only able to be dropped from the final bosses of each of the previously mentioned dungeons under these circumstances:

Character is 8/8
Character has hit 2K base fame
Character has completed at least 300 dungeons, 50 of which are end-game, and Tunnel Rat must be achieved.
Character has not already consumed an “Ascension” Consumable
Character is not currently holding an “Ascension” consumable in his inventory.

These consumable are “Bodybound” meaning that it cannot be traded, transferred to a vault, or any other means of moving it to another inventory or space. If an item of this type is dropped when one character is active and is then looted by a secondary character, the item will remain in the bag.

(ALL DROPS WILL BE IN “ASCENDED” BAGS THAT OVERRIDE ALL OTHER TYPES OF BAGS EXCEPT RED BOOSTED BAGS)

(all additional stats boosts will highlight the stat with a #F333FF color, also known as hot pink)

###Golden Heart

For those that want to have a healthier body, you place this on your chest and feel stronger.

• Permanent +80 HP +3 DEF +3 VIT

###Golden Flame

For those that still have energy, you swallow this fire and feel lively.

• Permanent +4 ATT +8 DEX

###Golden Eye

For those that seek to know more, you put the eye on your forehead and feel wiser.

• Permanent +80 MP +4 WIS +4 SPD

###Unidentified Plasma Core

These cores gave the Enforcer Bots a ton of power, I wonder if putting it on you will do anything?

• Permanent +12.5% damage (after applying att/def math, before Damaging buff), -50 HP

###Titanium Plate

The plate feels hot, yet it doesn’t seem to bend. I wonder if this will help me.
-Permanent 10% damage reduction (after accounting def), -50 MP

###Magical Essence Amplifier

It has been proven that aging “mana” for at least 2 seconds in a vacuum improves efficiency of the substance.
-Permanent -10 MP cost on all abilities, -4 DEX

These are the main 6, but I will come up with more and more as time passes. :wink:

Cool idea, something the game will need with the introduction of the new end game dungeons.

Add a spd boost to the eye as well would be good. Nerf the wis a bit to compensate.

Done. (To everyone) Also need to mention that Consumable requests are allowed.

So I assume that the consumable you get is random? Kind of sucks how you have to use the one you get even if you don’t want it.

Agreed, what it should be is a consumable which is kind of like an equip except it is used up on use, but you should be able to consume a new one and override the old one. Not a fan of bodybound as an idea though, they will start using that for equips too (like the lost halls mega ring).

@Spixer Not true that you MUST use the consumable, as you can always leave it in the bag if the consumable you get isn’t the one you want. Yes, the consumable on drop is random.
@MEPHlSTO The overriding part was what I was considering, but then that can hurt the devotion to a specific role for a specific character. In real life, nobody can have every possible role, right?

Leaving something super rare on the ground is not a normal expectation when designing something like this.
It needs to be user friendly, they are rare enough already that they wouldn’t be easily exploited.

This is an absolutely WONDERFUL idea!!! <3 :slight_smile: <3

the “ascended” bag
looks like its some type of new drug
######i like it

Honestly, I like the idea of a new endgame through these. I’d prefer if they were more like the last 3, though (granting passive buffs instead of stat gains), but it’s still pretty cool. I think it could allow new types of endgame dungeons.

Pretty nice! 6/10.

Eh, you’ve got a point.

:clap: All drop rates raised :clap:

(though, all of the items so far are divided into three groups already, just with different methods of doing so. It’s really hard NOT to get the role you need after going through a couple of these dungeons. Still… :man_shrugging: )

Great idea! The one thing I feel that could change is the requirement for 2k base fame. This encourages fame training, which is a problem in the game.

Maybe instead of the 2k base fame, maybe a certain number of completed dungeons on the character?

Love the idea!

That’s true, but, then again, nobody fame-trains on an 8/8 anymore.

Regardless, I’ll add the dungeon requirement (300 dungeons total + Tunnel Rat + 50 “End-Tier” Dungeon Completions).

Actually, plenty of 8/8s fame train.

Beside the point. They can’t really fame train and do the new dungeon requirement I put at the same time.

These items should be accessible to everyone, as they are minor (and permanent) stat buffs.

You have to:

1. Complete the “endgame” dungeon
  2. Deal enough damage for soulbound
  3. Not die

To use this buff.

None of these should all be completely positive either. There needs to be drawbacks so people aren’t just spamming Golden Heart on mana-hungry classes willingly.

Speaking of mana, I think 80 is a bit much of a permanent stat boost (this applies to HP too).

Golden Eye is Ring of the Sphinx on your noggin. That’s way too overpowered.

It’s not overpowered for the endgame dungeon, but once you leave it… You have the ability to cause forest fires in realms with your brand new stat boosts.

A warrior at a Pentaract event with an “Unidentified Plasma Core” is going to be reported for hacking.
A warrior at a Stone Guardian is going to steal SB a lot more easier when it already does half the time.
A warrior vs a Creampuff is going to make Smores while everyone enters the room.

You see where I’m going with this, I’m sure.

WONDERFUL IDEA, just needs a rework. You keep thinking big, my friend.

I see where you are going, but…
You practically contradict yourself, saying minor buffs should be accessible to everyone, but are overpowered in themselves. Sure, the warrior destroys, but so should every other class.
It’s true that forest fires will happen with these, but then it just gets boring for those that cause them one they do it enough.
The Flame compared to the Core gives (with simple math) 4.5% less damage, but doesn’t have the HP debuff while the Flame also has a slight RoF rate boost with the DEX boost. Sure, warriors will gladly take the Core more, but for other classes, they may surely find the Flame more useful and more safe.
The values are flexible enough, but I’ll wait for more criticism about the HP/MP stats.

(also, I have a feeling Deca will put player caps on EVERY dungeon soon, so these buffs will be essential to many many dungeons, considering some of the dungeons are spammy and prevent any sort of sane method for soloing/duoing them without being BTEL.)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.