Ask the Person Below You a Question

Easily January 7, 2019. When I earned Eagle Scout

If you are comfortable sharing, worst day of your life?

Iā€™ve got a variety, including several bits of trauma

It could be me being molested as a child someday from the age of 8-11, happened a lot of times
I also heard from my room, though did not witness, an armed home invasion and after a few gunshots had assumed my father dead (luckily in the end the only injury was a welt on my dadā€™s head)
I once saw a 12 year-old kid fall out of a tree from up high and land on his neck, which killed him instantly, something that still haunts my nightmares to this day.

Iā€™m really thinking itā€™s the third one, the first two were traumatic and terrifying to myself, but witnessing something so horrible happening to some young kid near me, knowing I was unable to do anything, that still haunts me, itā€™s a moment Iā€™ll never forget and a day Iā€™ll always hate.

On a lighter note, what was the best day of your life?

I guess this isnā€™t a single day, but more of a span of like a weekend, but in the summer of 2017 my family and I went to Yellowstone national park, and it was very cool to see the herds of bison and loads of elk, and several bears. Unfortunately we didnā€™t see any wolves, though it wasnā€™t from lack of trying!

The most funny fail you have ever witnessed?

Thereā€™s two, involving vehicles. No one was injured in the slightest, so I donā€™t mind telling. Tl;dr:

a) A former teacher of mine was cruising by my old neighborhood road into the busy street adjacent to it at an intersection infamous for its car crashes. For whatever reason, there was a large semi driving out of a relatively small road in the exact opposite direction, and both were trying to turn the same direction. The semi tried ā€œrushingā€ a yellow light to turn, and was doing a poor job of it. The teacher was already late for something and didnā€™t want to wait any longer. She jumped the gun, hoping to swoop around it in her tiny bug car on the sidewalkā€¦ and somehow she managed to flip her car upside down and wedge it under the truck in a matter of seconds, tires still spinning at hazardous speeds. The semi was no longer traveling anywhere, because with a (still grumpy looking) teacher not-so-patiently hanging upside down in her car, he completely missed his mark and almost hit the trees, blocking everyone from moving for a good while. (It was more something to watch than read lol)

b) Thereā€™s this older 100% Japanese mother I know of one of the only kids I grew up with, and sheā€™s anā€¦ awful driver. Not sugar coating it. Not one to road rage, but her police officer husband has had to pull her over several times. Anyway, she dropped us off at school at 6:50, and sat there in the nigh empty parking lot. It was wintertime and slick, mind you, but when she went to take off, she made on tiny error: instead of gunning the car in reverse, she gunned it in ā€œdriveā€ - street into the street lamp in front of her. It was just like in movies. The lights popped with the sound effects and all, and without missing a beat, she backed up full tilt, switched gears and turned before she was done skipping in the ice, and fish-tailed out of the parking lot as far as she could drive.
(Her kids were in the building with us yelling MOM! Not again! :joy:)

What is your favorite world culture, for whatever reason besides a current existing entertainment industry, if applicable?

Japanese, for sure. The respect they show both to the country and to the people around them is amazing. I had the great pleasure of spending 6 weeks there alone a couple years ago, and it was so wonderful. I literally didnā€™t see a piece of litter until my 3rd week there! It was so notable that I actually took a picture of it. There are frequently community-run street cleaning groups that go out on a weekly basis to make sure everything looks good in the neighborhood. Not even picking up trash (because there isnā€™t any) but to even pick weeds that are growing up in the roads and sidewalks.

One time I was a bit lost in the maze of the Tokyo train stations, and couldnā€™t seem to find the line I was supposed to take. Someone who was very obviously on his way to work, briefcase in hand, came over to help me out when he saw me starting confused at the map. I had not asked for help, and he didnā€™t know any English, but I showed him where I was trying to go and he walked with me about a block and a half away to a different train station with the same name (hence my original confusion) and made sure I knew where I was going before he turned around to go on his way. I simply couldnā€™t believe that a random stranger would go so out of his way to help someone without even being asked to do so, and I strive to put forth a similar example to the people I see around me.

If there was one item in RotMG that you could have in infinite supply (but not trade), what would you choose?

A pixie sword. Whenever I play a melee I either love that I have it or wish I had it. Itā€™s just such a fun item!

How do you do the line thing that furyborn and book do in between their answer and question?

Put a bunch of underscores (_) in a row and it will automatically reformat.

Are there any non-Realmeye communities that you are actively a part of?

Definitely Jugg.

Guardian Tales is my only other active community. Hollow Knight and Deltarune would be my ā€œdormantā€ communities, meaning I still have a lazy eye watching them for any news of new content (ie. Silksong and Chapter 2)

Whatā€™s one food youā€™ve tried that sounds or looks like it would taste weird/bad, but is actually better than expected?

I guess sushi, it doesnā€™t really look that bad, but I expected it to be a kinda not great but not bad, and now it is like my favorite food, soā€¦

What do you want for christmas?

Iā€™m planning on getting a real book (jazzā„¢ realmers know) and some new guitar pedals and whatnot. Oh, and some realm gold too lol.

Whatā€™s a topic you think you could teach a class about with little to no preparation?

Definitely an English class.

What element that you arenā€™t inherently familiar with seems like it would be the most interesting to study on the Periodic Table?

Chromium. Iā€™m 97% sure that chromium is an element.

What color monopoly do you go for when playing monopoly?

Chromium is, in fact, an element.

Uh, usually red, although I donā€™t really play Monopoly.

What was the last youtube video you watched?

Favorite snacky type of food?
if itā€™s not pizza bites then you are wrong

Edit: ninjaā€™dā€¦ Favorite snack food is popcorn. When I moved into my own house and air popper is one of the first things I bought for myself!

Favorite Christmas/holiday tradition?

Do croissants count? pizza bites are pretty good tho

We donā€™t really do anything special, but itā€™s pretty much always nice to sleep in.

What are your opinions on working/learning from home?

No. Just. No.

Favorite shoelace color?

agreeeeeeed

I really donā€™t care, as long as it isnā€™t painful to look at.

Favorite fruit?

Probably a honey-crisp apple. Those things just kinda slap. Also like basically all things orange flavored, (and most things orange colored, too!) especially orange crush.

Favorite board game?
if not monopoly then you are wrong