ASS on paladin?

As the title says I just got my first ass and I’m not sure the exact uses of it. Currently I have a 3/8 (almost) paladin and I feel like it wouldn’t be a bad idea to use it on them as when buffed I do about 800 damage per shot, I am getting pixie though and I am not sure if I would need ass once I do.

Ass is really good for pally because pixie only has a 1.87 true range(area where all shots hit) and can’t hit all shots in and it does a little less damage. You can use has even when you have a pixie but use both.

Better off using an acclaim, because the 60% rate of fire is going to make whatever buff you get useless.

Acclaim has decent enough range, and you could keep a csword if you have one for situational uses.

ASS’ are best off on a warrior I suppose.

Also here’s what my first google search has yielded.
https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/sword-comparison
Literally exactly what you asked for. The wiki and forums have a great deal of info if you’re willing to look.

Don’t use ASS on paladin. It has way more effect on paly and knight. Use acclaim and skysplitter. Fits the paly better

Although the acclaim offers far better DPS, the ASS is kind of useful in the tomb for getting SB Damage because with a buff you can land heavy hitting shots and put yourself at risk less. This can work in the WC as well.

I basically only use my pally for clean tombs, and I only carry an A.S.S. on him. Works great for tombs.

Hush child. Let me hand you a bunch of paladin knowledge…

So I’ll split this into three parts. First, when you should use your A.S.S. Second, When you shouldn’t use your A.S.S or when another sword would be better. Third, what you should do in the future.

A.S.S Circumstances: So normally A.S.S is pretty good overall. You might have 5 less dex, but that damaging buff is really friggen good. Normally you should use this on events, because it functions similarly to a doom bow, secures soulbound very well. You should also do this in dungeons where you need a little extra range but need to maintain the same dps, such as shatters or an avatar, or a boss that hurts, like O2 or the Puppet Master (Armored is annoying, and A.S.S is good for kiting :stuck_out_tongue:). Also, you can use this for general gland farming. Drag a few gods, say 5 or six, and then buff yourself and run around them. I find it easier than using an acclaim. A Pixie is pretty useless whenever there’s alot of status effects flying around (like weaken), so an A.S.S is very good for tombs (not only for the boss, the stupid priests will not calm down).

When A.S.S isn’t as good: So whenever you’re rushing a dungeon, a pixie is generally a stronger choice, mainly due to the spread being able to hit more targets, and the sheer difference in dps. If you’re rushing a abyss, you already one-shot the demons with an acclaim, so an A.S.S is overkill (unless you aren’t buffed). The pixie has VERY excellent waveclear, so it’s alot better in alot of situations as well, such as rushing tombs or sewers. Also, just attempting to get dps isn’t very good, as a damaging boost helps lower the impact of high defense ruining your soulbound, so for example a chest or a armorbroke target

What you should do in your future: So this is my self-help part. I think you should attempt to max vit, wis, and then speed. Alot of people underestimate how valuable vit is. Since you only have 19, maxing it almost doubles your base regen, which is about 3 hp/s now. That is a VERY big difference when rushing. Wis is obviously very good, because 1st your pets suck, and 2nd because it improves the duration, size, and hp boost from the seal. Mana is also very valuable because it allows you to have an extra seal use, or 112 hp when you max wis.

Still drinking all this great info in, but I will say this. I have never been so happy to see a wall ‘o’ text.

Mate I can legit type 4 time this amount xD

Sorry I tried to break it up, maybe next time I will add subpoints xD

It’s fine, still a lot of stuff in there that I can see myself referring to a lot.

looks good with set

:thinking:

I rush abysses with the ASS, one thing i like about it is the extra range. I tend to shoot back instead of front unlike most people, so i need that extra range to actually reach.

You heard it here first folks, my paladin died with the ass. Thanks for all your help and advice! Perhaps I will return here when my next one drops.

isn’t that what most people do?

I’m gonna explain my reasoning anyways. The extra range is slightly nullified because while you’re moving in one direction, and your sword is going the other. This makes the distance of the projectile farther than normal (lets say 6 tiles). Also, the demons that are chasing you are still chasing you with about the same distance, meaning that you benefit with shooting those behind you. Those that are far enough to be hit with an A.S.S shooting backwards can be juked when you run around a wall by hugging the inside wall.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.